PC Will this stop corruption from spreading to my home ?

Holy

Terrarian
New player here , this is my first map I played seriously. I need to know if making 5 block length trenches at each living will tree stop the corruption from reaching my base.
If so how deep do I have to make them ?

And before I go , since I'm a newbie , I'd like to ask for some tips and advice on things to do before even attempting to beat the wall of flesh, like what things should I get done that will help me in hard mode ?

Attachments

• Terraria.png
    Terraria.png
    82 KB · Views: 1,855
Living Trees are a good natural barrier, so it's a wise idea to use them. To stop the Corruption spreading to your base, you'll need to dig the five block wide trenches all the way to the Underworld (they're also known as hellevators). Isolating your Jungle is also a good idea, since the Corruption can take over your Jungle. Once hardmode starts, check the V stripes that generate to see if anything has broken your containment. Isolate or remove as appropriate.

Seeding some Hallow once you enter hardmode can also help keep the Corruption away, but note that Hallow spreads in the same way as the Corruption. (Hallow will not take over your Jungle.)

Before entering hardmode, I'd recommend the following:
  • Make a backup copy of your world. If something goes terribly wrong in hardmode, you can restore the backup, prepare and retry.
  • Get a summon weapon and/or yoyo (especially if you're playing as melee). If the enemies are too hard, you can hide somewhere and let the summon / yoyo go forth to defeat them. It's slow, but it works. And it'll get you the materials you need to craft better weapons.
  • Build a lava moat or trap around the entrance to your base. This will help your survivability of any invasions or Solar Eclipses that occur before you're ready for them.
Good luck on your entry to hardmode! It starts off REALLY difficult, but it gets better. :)

Living Trees are a good natural barrier, so it's a wise idea to use them. To stop the Corruption spreading to your base, you'll need to dig the five block wide trenches all the way to the Underworld (they're also known as hellevators). Isolating your Jungle is also a good idea, since the Corruption can take over your Jungle. Once hardmode starts, check the V stripes that generate to see if anything has broken your containment. Isolate or remove as appropriate.

Seeding some Hallow once you enter hardmode can also help keep the Corruption away, but note that Hallow spreads in the same way as the Corruption. (Hallow will not take over your Jungle.)

Before entering hardmode, I'd recommend the following:
  • Make a backup copy of your world. If something goes terribly wrong in hardmode, you can restore the backup, prepare and retry.
  • Get a summon weapon and/or yoyo (especially if you're playing as melee). If the enemies are too hard, you can hide somewhere and let the summon / yoyo go forth to defeat them. It's slow, but it works. And it'll get you the materials you need to craft better weapons.
  • Build a lava moat or trap around the entrance to your base. This will help your survivability of any invasions or Solar Eclipses that occur before you're ready for them.
Good luck on your entry to hardmode! It starts off REALLY difficult, but it gets better. :)
Alright. Thanks , I already have a hellevator so i know what that is. I'll try to do everything you've said. Thanks for the great help !

Last edited:
Actually, only a 3 block gap is required, 5 is ample. Although, the thorny brush that the Crimson/Corruption give off could spread to the sides.

Back
Top Bottom