Portfolio/Multi-Topic Wind Dungeons

Yes?

• Total voters
Multiple times have I stated that the dungeon element had nothing to do with brick color! It is stated that there would be a 50% chance to get either, regadless of brick color. More than two, and things start seeming cluttered, like there's too much in that aspect of the game. With that being said, the two might end up being grouped together, and both frowned upon.
And also, a self promo?

Darthmorf has finished the banner:
index.php

It looks like people have made your dungeon green, whether you like it or not. In any case, I think it would be cooler if the variant had a different name. Perhaps the Cloister?

RXqBtvH.png

Scironex Seal of Approval

Last edited:
It looks like people have made your dungeon green, whether you like it or not. In any case, I think it would be cooler if the variant had a different name. Perhaps the Cloister?

index.php

Scironex Seal of Approval
I don't think it really needs a different name, that would make it a definite alt. Sure, there's alternate loot and a guy, but it's still the dungeon, and it's structure is unchanged. Funny enough, the suggestion first appeared as an alt to the dungeon a year ago, but while fleshing it out I changed it, as people generally don't seem to like alts.
And yes, people don't seem to realise that it's not supposed to have anything to do with brick color. %-_-

Sure, there's alternate loot and a guy, but it's still the dungeon, and it's structure is unchanged
I think that it would totally work as a pure alt - err, a real alt, at least for pre-Hardmode. (Post-Plantera Dungeon is just a bit too unique to try and mess with.) The only real problems with alts are introduced when someone fails to account for all the items in the original, or introduces items that break theming or tiering. This is why well fleshed out and balanced alts, like The Cyber and all of Tobbvald's Tinkering end up well liked. I think that alts introduce variety, and more variety can never hurt. Unless it's poorly fleshed out and/or badly balanced.

Can I make a fire alt tp this?
I didn't really want that, and someone else already did. If there was a fire alt, I feel like there would be too much alts for the dungeon, and even more people would think that the element type is associated with the dungeon brick color, which it is not.

I didn't really want that, and someone else already did. If there was a fire alt, I feel like there would be too much alts for the dungeon, and even more people would think that the element type is associated with the dungeon brick color, which it is not.

Oh... okay... I already started spriting...

Got here from your portfolio. This is epic! Zephyrus is a cool idea for a mainstream, pre-HM, non-OP projectile sword, the magic weapons are unique (especially Leaf Cyclone), and everything just seems epic.

So what? There are fire and earth dungeons? Not exactly my favorite suggestion but its totally unique.

Back
Top Bottom