Windows 10 Discussion Thread. To get, or not to get?

Will you be getting Windows 10

• Total voters
It depends on what "Garbage" means.
But it looks decent to me, more like the Google Play store.

Trash, rubbish, refuse, worthless matter, etc.

I got three apps from it: GTA SA Mobile, iFruit app for GTA V, and Asphalt 8. GTA SA vanished from my account, I was supposed to receive a refund but I never did. iFruit and Asphalt 8 simply don't work...

you can actually get it already... google "Media Creation Tool" from microsoft and it will offer you a direct upgrade or preparing an usb stick or disc for fresh installation

as for me: i was using win10 since technical preview build 9962, it had a few glitches but overall it was working really good
with the rtm version coming up it was improved a lot and when it was released on the 29th, it is pretty much perfect.. performance increased almost everywhere, people post stuff like "LoL: before win10 40-50 fps, after win10 110-150 fps"

a fresh installation is only partly recommended, but it might be better since you dont have to install all the drivers again (if you're lucky win 10 is looking for the actually required driver for YOUR hardware automatically as soon as you are connected to the internet)

I want windows 10 badly but I still don't have the notification for it..
check my post

oh and as hint for the license.. recommended is a direct upgrade since the license will be generated for your system then.
afterwards you can install win 10 from scratch.(excluded are OEM Licenses, they can only be installed on the exact same system)
BUT: i personally recommend getting your product key by using a tool like ProduKey
you dont get it via mail or can look it up online via your microsoft account.
so use ProduKey for example to write down your win 10 key, so you can actually install it from scratch without any problems

Yay I'm running Windows 10. And as irony would have it, it's the only Windows OS I wasn't skeptical about prior to release. And I should've been.

It's pretty crap to be honest. It boots slower than Windows 8.1, it runs... I was gonna say slower but truth is it runs pretty slow period, everything from opening folders to installing programs. Speaking of which, it won't let me install my Nvidia driver for some reason.

Glad I decided to make a Windows 8 disc before "upgrading". I don't know, maybe 10 isn't not optimized for older systems? But that's not really an excuse, considering they've been all up in my face about the upgrade.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Internet Explorer still sucks. Shame, I really thought the new name would make it work better.

Already got it (why am I the only one? :( ) and I must say it's pretty good. It boots faster than 8.1 (for me), and it doesn't affect games at all.
Microsoft Edge has convinced me to stop using Chrome :p (Chrome uses pretty much RAM, and ME is not sucks like IE)

This is all about the PC version, Win10 for phone performs badly (I know, it's in technical preview) but the UI is nice.

Yay I'm running Windows 10. And as irony would have it, it's the only Windows OS I wasn't skeptical about prior to release. And I should've been.

It's pretty crap to be honest. It boots slower than Windows 8.1, it runs... I was gonna say slower but truth is it runs pretty slow period, everything from opening folders to installing programs. Speaking of which, it won't let me install my Nvidia driver for some reason.

Glad I decided to make a Windows 8 disc before "upgrading". I don't know, maybe 10 isn't not optimized for older systems? But that's not really an excuse, considering they've been all up in my face about the upgrade.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Internet Explorer still sucks. Shame, I really thought the new name would make it work better.
Seems to be some conflicting info here.

Seems to be some conflicting info here.

Also Cortana is a racist :red: and I want her dead :C

Anyway the slow performance was probably caused by the updates. I still can't install my Nvidia driver though, and booting seems the same as with Windows 8 if not slower...

I've yet to try any games on it. I'm installing GTA V now, see you in 2020.

Anyway the slow performance was probably caused by the updates. I still can't install my Nvidia driver though, and booting seems the same as with Windows 8 if not slower...
the booting is just happening due to updates... as for nvidia drivers.. try to install them manually.
if its telling you there was an error while installing then just restart your comp and try again, then it should work

I've yet to try any games on it. I'm installing GTA V now, see you in 2020.
From the internet:
Cortana is a Beta in the US and an Alpha in Canada... US gets in under a lower OS version number. You must not be on Preview for Developers.
If that's what you mean by racist, it's simply because other languages aren't added in yet.

If I don't get another computer in a year, I'll get it on my current PC. If I get another PC it will be Win10. The reason I don't want to install it now is because it wipes the hard drive clean.

Your speech, region, and language settings must all be set to US and English.

Yeah I know. I just don't get it. Why do I have to lie to speak with her? Wait... "her". Yeah nevermind, that makes sense.

Anyway after Windows updated I was able to install the driver. But now I can't install Java, lmao.

Yeah I know. I just don't get it. Why do I have to lie to speak with her? Wait... "her". Yeah nevermind, that makes sense.

Anyway after Windows updated I was able to install the driver. But now I can't install Java, lmao.
She is in a BETA state. You do realize how many voice people they're going to have to find to be able to get all the clips they need, right? English is the only one because it is the easiest for the developers to find a voice actor for.

She is in a BETA state. You do realize how many voice people they're going to have to find to be able to get all the clips they need, right? English is the only one because it is the easiest for the developers to find a voice actor for.

I don't need other languages! I can speak English just fine!.

Anyway doesn't matter, Microsoft sent her to spy on us so I'm disabling her.
I win :red:.

Speaking of which. Apparently, Windows 10 was the subject of controversy due to the fact that Microsoft is using it to spy on us. I'm confused, what's new about that? AFAIK Microsoft has been spying on us for the past 10 years.

Last edited:
If I don't get another computer in a year, I'll get it on my current PC. If I get another PC it will be Win10. The reason I don't want to install it now is because it wipes the hard drive clean.
Not always, I thought?

Back
Top Bottom