Windows 10 Discussion Thread. To get, or not to get?

Will you be getting Windows 10

• Total voters
I upgraded both my desktop and laptop to windows 10 and I'll write the pros and cons I have seen with the operating system. (Similar to how @AnarchyBlues summarized his experience:))

Experience on my desktop (Transitioning from windows 8)
Pros
  1. After removing all the live tiles I know have a minimalistic start menu
  2. nicer GUI
  3. Snapping windows
  4. No stupid charm bar
  5. Knowing I can take advantage of directX12 in the future is nice
  6. Everything has been generally much more "smoother"
Cons
  1. Live tiles...why Microsoft...
  2. Third monitor stopped working, driver update fixed that
  3. Cortana
  4. Two control panels, "Settings" (Similar to how windows 8 settings were) and your traditional control panel, the latter being far more useful.
  5. Express settings... Always use customized settings when installing software.

Overall, I recommend upgrading once as long as you remove all the bs tracking stuff.

I read the answer to the questionnaire.Most of people think that won't choose Window 10 , me to , When I first got this computer, it was Windows 10.
But before using it , i was using Windows 7 , I tried to demote Windows 10 to Windows 7.But my computer is always locked.The computer screen showed "System failed ".

Last edited:
I read the answer to the questionnaire.Most of people think that won't choose Window 10 , me to , When I first got this computer, it was Windows 10.
But before using it , i was using Windows 7 , I tried to demote Windows 10 to Windows 7.But my computer is always locked.The computer screen showed "System failed ".
Stick with Windows 10. It's free and it will eternally be updated. One day stuff won't run on Windows 7 and one day you will need to get with the times. If you don't want Windows 10 then your only option will be Linux or *gasp* Mac.

..although I do know a guy who is still video editing on Windows 95...so...

Back
Top Bottom