PC Windows crash led to character corruption

praneka

Terrarian
Hi i was gathering souls of light with my mediumcore character in my expert world when suddenly a medusa fell onto me and petrified me and i fell into lava and died, then a pirate invasion arrived so i couldnt use my pylons at all to recover my things
then i went with my backup gear to recover my things but a rune wizard spawned alongside tim and both of them destroyed me and i lost my backup gear
i went one last time with my last backup gear to recover my things but a corrupt mimic spawned on my hellevator and somehow i survived but a lava bat finished the job
i tried to start over but the invasion didnt let me do anything at all so i kept dying until my windows crashed and when i booted it up i found out that my character got corrupted

is there anyway for me to recover it or is it lost forever should i even recover it or just make a new one

Attachments

• 20220525113326_1.jpg
    20220525113326_1.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 68
Yikes. This is not good.
The game should have your most recent character save as a backup.
Go to Documents > My Games > Terraria > Players, and in the folder there should be a .bak of your old character. Remove the old character's .plr file, and make a copy of the .bak version and rename this as .plr:

"MyPlayer.plr" <- Your old character. You might want to rename as "MyPlayer.old" "MyPlayer.plr.bak" <- Your backup. Make a copy of this. Once you have copied it, rename "MyPlayer.plr.bak" to "MyPlayer.plr".
As for your medium gear, I'm afraid it's lost. You might want to go to the world folder and try to do the same to the world you use, to revert it to a previous version, to be safe.

Yikes. This is not good.
The game should have your most recent character save as a backup.
Go to Documents > My Games > Terraria > Players, and in the folder there should be a .bak of your old character. Remove the old character's .plr file, and make a copy of the .bak version and rename this as .plr:

"MyPlayer.plr" <- Your old character. You might want to rename as "MyPlayer.old" "MyPlayer.plr.bak" <- Your backup. Make a copy of this. Once you have copied it, rename "MyPlayer.plr.bak" to "MyPlayer.plr".
As for your medium gear, I'm afraid it's lost. You might want to go to the world folder and try to do the same to the world you use, to revert it to a previous version, to be safe.
my .bak file is gone i was searching it before and i couldnt find it

Back
Top Bottom