tModLoader [Windows] Install .TMod from context menu

Jofairden

Duke Fishron
tModLoader
Hi peeps,

ONLY WINDOWS
I made a small batch code which adds a 'Install Mod' to the context menu for .tmod files. If you've downloaded a .tmod, simply press this button and the file will be copied to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\
7fAAHnx.png

This feature does not remove the .tmod after use, but of course feel free to do so as it's now copied to the Mods\ folder.
I haven't tested this too much, but this should work for windows 7, 8 and 10. Windows XP possibly also.

If you don't trust this file, it's simple. Because I didn't compile anything, you can just open this in a text editor and see how it works. Only 2 registry edits will be made.

Installation
Installation is very simple. Below are download links for a .zip which contains 2 files.
Unzip this folder anywhere you want, I recommend unzipping it directly into your Mods\ folder.
For first install, run TModInstaller.bat manually once, it will install the registry edits. Now you can access 'Install Mod' from the context menu on .tmod files. It is important that you do not move the files to a new location, or the registry edits won't work. If you want to move the files, first uninstall, move files, then run TModInstaller.bat manually once again. Uninstall is just as simple, run Uninstall.bat and registry edits will be removed. You can delete the ModInstaller folder afterwards.

tl;dr:
  1. Unzip package to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\ folder
  2. Run TModInstaller.bat manually once.
  3. Uninstall possible by running Uninstall.bat, you can remove files afterwards.
Downloads
Attachment url
Discord url

Attachments

• ModInstaller.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 1,110
Real nifty little tool
not that it was too hard in the first place, but nifty.
I like how I've heard many people say it's really easy to do but nobody actually made it ;) It's quite a lot more code than I expected if I say so myself.

I like how I've heard many people say it's really easy to do but nobody actually made it ;) It's quite a lot more code than I expected if I say so myself.
Oh, I mean it isn't hard to install a mod manually, not that it wasn't hard to make this tool. Apologies

Oh, I mean it isn't hard to install a mod manually, not that it wasn't hard to make this tool. Apologies
Ah, misunderstood. I mainly made this because often times people will need to download .tmods manually. And we all know we are lazy, 2 clicks is easier than moving a file.

Back
Top Bottom