Blocks & Decoration Windows - Not the OS

Nakano15

Terrarian
The idea of Windows is to function partially like the doors, but they are placed on the walls.
They can be opened and closed, and could have different designs based on the biomes, when opened, they allow projectiles and
npcs about the size of the window to pass through it, so if you want to make a shotting range...

Another idea for the window is window walls, where you can place it on the wall (background), and then right click it to open/close.
Of course the window walls are entirelly decorative, or is it? Well, monsters possibly can't possibly spawn in your house due to a open window, right?

Um... what? I don't really get the point of this. It isn't difficult to just put glass in the wall and actuate it for the first part of the suggestion. And for the second part It's fairly easy to just make one out of glass walls and actuated blocks...

The windows I suggested wont need you to use a switch to open and close, that means you can make use of them even before you enter the Dungeon.
Not only that, but It'll make the game aesthetically better, even more since the glass block by itself is kind of... boring.

I see, but it's still not really something that many people would use. It's basically either a glass door reskin or something with less freedom then stained glass.
Edit: got rid of accidental double post.

Last edited:
I see, but it's still not really something that many people would use. It's basically either a glass door reskin or something with less freedom then stained glass.
[doublepost=1565737094,1565737074][/doublepost]I see, but it's still not really something that many people would use. It's basically either a glass door reskin or something with less freedom then stained glass.
Speak for yourself, a functioning shutter would be welcome as currently we can only use stuff like slime banners to simulate it. Even better if automation can interact with the opening and closing.

Speak for yourself, a functioning shutter would be welcome as currently we can only use stuff like slime banners to simulate it. Even better if automation can interact with the opening and closing.
Ah, I see I underestimated the potential of this... I for some reason could only think of glass pane windows rather than shutters or curtains.

I've always wanted curtains for the walls - having to make do with banners atm. Also, glass walls aesthetically are currently just plain or stained glass - you could have sachet style window sprites with small panes for that Georgan look...

Back
Top Bottom