Switch Windy day not triggering

Pig0

Skeletron
I play on Nintendo Switch version 1.4.3.2. The glitch is that windy days never happen by themselves. Journey mode is the only way to get one. This is quite a shame, as you cannot complete achievements and the bestiary without journey mode. Windy days, thunderstorms, and sandstorms looked good anyway. This bug has been here since the parity update.

I play on Nintendo Switch version 1.4.3.2. The glitch is that windy days never happen by themselves. Journey mode is the only way to get one. This is quite a shame, as you cannot complete achievements and the bestiary without journey mode. Windy days, thunderstorms, and sandstorms looked good anyway. This bug has been here since the parity update.
same thing happens to me

Huh… I don’t know if I’m having the same issue I’ve had kites drop multiple times during my play though, which is only on windy days I believe. Correct me if I’m wrong. Ether way if multiple people are experiencing it then it’s definitely a common issue. Hopefully we get a bug fix patch sometime soon.

I can report this is still happening. Oddly when I started my Master mode world, windy days were a daily occurrence. It seems the larger my base got, the less frequent they occurred. Now I cant get one to happen at all. And I need the summoner gear you can only get from the Desert during a sandstorm. Is there a workaround that doesn't involve making a new world and taking it to hardmode?

Last edited:
I can report this is still happening. Oddly when I started my Master mode world, windy days were a daily occurrence. It seems the larger my base got, the less frequent they occurred. Now I cant get one to happen at all. And I need the summoner gear you can only get from the Desert during a sandstorm. Is there a workaround that doesn't involve making a new world and taking it to hardmode?
Sadly this is unfixable in normal modes.

Same thing happening on ps4

I think I’m figuring out what’s going on here. After some time, a world gets what we will call wind locked. I’ve noticed after you spend a decent amount of time in a world the wind speed will not change at all. This would explain why my experience with this is different. I had windy days none stop in my main world. Never had low wind ever. But in another my wind speed is stuck at 3 mph. So it would appear that the wind change cycle fails to function and keeps it at 1 wind speed. At least this is my experience. Lmk if you guys experience anything different.

Hopefully this is fixed fast as it harms the appearance of sandstorm enemies in hard mode and bestiary completion which is a big deal

I think I’m figuring out what’s going on here. After some time, a world gets what we will call wind locked. I’ve noticed after you spend a decent amount of time in a world the wind speed will not change at all. This would explain why my experience with this is different. I had windy days none stop in my main world. Never had low wind ever. But in another my wind speed is stuck at 3 mph. So it would appear that the wind change cycle fails to function and keeps it at 1 wind speed. At least this is my experience. Lmk if you guys experience anything different.

Hopefully this is fixed fast as it harms the appearance of sandstorm enemies in hard mode and bestiary completion which is a big deal
I believe you are right. The problem is definitely not character locked. I can get windy days on other worlds so it isn't late game accessories or armor that trigger it. I am tempted to deconstruct my current world to see what specifically may be triggering this effect. One guess I'll throw out, could it possibly be having master mode relics decorating an area?

I believe you are right. The problem is definitely not character locked. I can get windy days on other worlds so it isn't late game accessories or armor that trigger it. I am tempted to deconstruct my current world to see what specifically may be triggering this effect. One guess I'll throw out, could it possibly be having master mode relics decorating an area?
It's occurred after you sleep in bed to speed up time

Back
Top Bottom