Wings of Fire

i have a whole bookshelf of random books my family has gotten over the years, and i think we payed for like only 20 of them. Others were free from the library since they were old, family friends gifted us, or just they were books that were being given away. I never got anything from book fairs :/

Currently reading through this series, or more accurately, reading it in bursts, as I have a habit of not reading until I start reading and then don't stop until a fair chunk of the book is done. Either way, on book five. Keep thinking of the number six because I'm still used to sets of six from Warriors and not the sets of five for WoF.

Rigt now my biggest annoyance is I can't actually find hardcover copies of the earlier books in the series, and I'm worried they may have been limited as I think I remember hearing that somewhere.

ahhh
i used to be obsessed with this series, but by the time i was entering highschool the third series only had one book so i kinda fell out of interest. but now my younger sister is super obsessed and we can talk abt everything we like abt the series and she can teach me abt the new books that i dont know abt. its super sweet!
And recently her and i have brainstormed making a new species of dragon and its been super fun!
im curious... what are some of yall's 'fan dragons species'?

I haven't made any dragons specifically for WoF yet, a good part of the reason for that being not having finished the series yet, but I have done some surface level planning for dragons in a few worlds of my own creation, and had an entire list of species for a roleplay I once did on here called The Dark Arisen.

ahhh
i used to be obsessed with this series, but by the time i was entering highschool the third series only had one book so i kinda fell out of interest.
I was obsessed with it for quite some time too.
And while I did read the books in the third series, I was a bit less into them than the other series, especially the last book.
But now my younger sister is super obsessed and we can talk abt everything we like abt the series and she can teach me abt the new books that i dont know abt. its super sweet!
That's gotta be one of the best things I've heard in a while.
And recently her and i have brainstormed making a new species of dragon and its been super fun!
im curious... what are some of yall's 'fan dragons species'?
I do remember back in Elementary school, one of my friends came up with a species called "Stormwings."
The were overpowered by far.
They were also an artificial tribe creating by the uh, combination of dragons from all of the tribes.
They had the ability to breathe lightning and our reasoning for that was the combination of ice breath, fire breath, and acid breath would make lightning.
They also were technically all descended from an animus now that I think about it.
So I guess they would have all had a chance to be an animus.
I haven't made any dragons specifically for WoF yet, a good part of the reason for that being not having finished the series yet, but I have done some surface level planning for dragons in a few worlds of my own creation, and had an entire list of species for a roleplay I once did on here called The Dark Arisen.
Interesting

(spoiler for chapt 4 onwards look away if you aren't up to it)

Poor Starflight, Had a bad ending when he was one of the most heroic

Tui put together a half-mark ending to his story and pretty much forgot about him, he isn't "just fine!"

We should've gotten a mini-story about how he's going with such radically changed circumstances, becoming disabled isn't something you just "get over"

As far as it is now, he's just a disabled dragon stuck in a library that he can't read, dead end.

sigh

Last edited:
So I'm not reading that post far, just seeing poor [Character name I haven't seen stuff happen to yet] is enough for me to complain and say:
PUT YOUR SPOILERS IN SPOILERS!

I'm only halfway through book five, and it's likely many others aren't even that far through, so please mark your spoilers with what book they are spoilers for.

So I'm not reading that post far, just seeing poor [Character name I haven't seen stuff happen to yet] is enough for me to complain and say:
PUT YOUR SPOILERS IN SPOILERS!

I'm only halfway through book five, and it's likely many others aren't even that far through, so please mark your spoilers with what book they are spoilers for.
I had the consensus that those in the thread would have read most of the books, sorry!

Also you are at risk to see spoilers whenever you are dealing with the community, its like typing up Wings of fire into google, somewhere is gonna spoil you

Most of the post's content revolves around a spoiler too, it would diminish the posts substance to put the whole ting into a spoiler, could I just say at the top spoilers? accounting for such might be more or less stepping on eggshells

Saying Clay escapes from the mountain is non spoiler territory for most, although is spoiler territory to others, there's always a spoiler

Last edited:
Eh, I guess that's true.
Just sucks how you can't ever know whether something is a spoiler until you're spoiled, so...

At the very least while maybe it would be wise for me to step back and read, you should put things in spoilers elsewhere, even if doing so does put the entire post in a spoiler.

Back
Top Bottom