Map-Adventure WIP Adventure Map

Reki

Terrarian
Last year, when 1.2 was released, a friend and I made this little adventure map.
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/adv-behind-the-curtain.118272/
In that release, it was only two dungeons long, as you can see from the screenshot of the map in that thread.

I've never abandoned it for good, though. It's been a thing I work on when I get bored, never completed, at least till most of the map is completely filled up with stuff. So far only about half of the surface is.

Here's the friend I work on map with, Puggins the Glorious

Anyways, there are now four dungeons, with two in the works, not to mention many other areas.
I'll attempt a release on halloween like I did last year. For now, I thought I'd just post this in WIP so people can find out this exists.
Scratch that, as glorious as a halloween release twice in a row is, I'll instead post little progress reports here every once in a while till I feel it's ready. Also, with 1.3 on the horizon, there'll undoubtedly be cool stuff and little improvements I can put in so I'll wait for that. Scroll down and have a look at the progress reports if you're interested in screenshots and whatnot.

Last edited:
Progress Report #1

The biggest part of making this map has been fixing little annoyances and rebalancing and tinkering with areas I built ages ago.

1024x549.resizedimage

I recently spiced up this boss room you'll recognize if you played the first release of the map, adding some lights, a few dishes and things meant to look like offerings or something, and some stained glass. It was very plain before, but now hopefully it has personality befitting a boss room.

I also hammered up most of those branches. Lots of hammering work to do, on the map's dirt even.

That maze under the boss room is awful. Originally it was supposed to be dark in there, you were supposed to play on trippy lighting, but I've decided it's too annoying to swap lighting modes. The reason for trippy was that it makes things darker than the default lighting system, makes it easier to hide timers and music boxes and things. And dark mazes.

In other news, I've created a sort of vending machine system. Giving the player things to do besides annoying jumping puzzles is a bit of a challenge. I'm always thinking of how I can use terraria's mechanics to create some kind of interesting activity or puzzle. There are precious few items that you can make the player need to have to progress. Besides movement accessories and wire stuff, which I'd rather not give in most cases because they could wreck the map.

So these vending machines (they aren't really vending machines but I like to call them that because they serve a similar function), they work all thanks to the chest duping bug being done away with.
You must place a chest to stop a couple blocks from being actuated so you can jump to whatever goods the vending machine has. This allows for a currency (chests) and shops even, where you must pay one chest to get whatever item. I'm quite pleased with it.

Also, I've come up with a name for the map. That's a secret for now though.

I'd better stop writing now. Once I start writing, I don't stop D:
I should make a blog.

IT'S THE WALL OF TEXT OH GOD I DON'T EVEN HAVE GOLD ARMOR YET RIP RIP RIP

Last edited:
Xipv0vP.png
Hiya! I'm the other... well... builder/developer? of this adventure map. Here's a little teaser of something that is planned to be added to the map in the nearby future.
Alot of stuff is in concept stages. This is one of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom