tModLoader [ WIP ] Dragons of Oblivion

porsef

Terrarian
Dragons of Oblivion is a project that will focus on adding content for all stages of the game with a specific theme in mind-- dragons. This mod aims to include new bosses, items, weapons, and materials. It will be as multiplayer compatible as I can so it can be enjoyed at it's fullest potential.

As I develop this mod, I will post on this thread with plans and updates. It'll start as simple as possible and progressively get more complex as I learn how to code everything. Any assistance in the coding department is appreciated as I will be doing it by myself plus all the spriting. Any suggestions are appreciated as well.

NEW BOSSES

Wyverns will be a primary theme of Pre-Hardmode as they are considered in a lot of media to be a smaller sub-species of dragon. All bosses in this stage of the game will mirror those in vanilla in theme. They will not have a breath attack but are capable of inflicting status effects. Below is the order in which they will be intended to be fought:

Slime Wyvern
This wyvern will appear to have formed from the King Slime itself. It will look relatively innocent, rich, and... melty. The difficulty will be slightly above King Slime.

Desert Wyvern
This wyvern will appear to have evolved from the most majestic of vultures. It will look similar to a bearded vulture-- feathered and bright but still using the vanilla desert palette. The difficulty will be slightly above Eye of Cthulhu.

Bone Wyvern
This wyvern will appear to have succumbed to the curse of the dungeon and come back for vengeance. It will look skeletal or mostly decayed with chains upon it's body. The difficulty will be slightly above Skeletron.

... I am contemplating adding more wyverns for the Jungle and Ice biomes as well for Pre-Hardmode.

NEW CLASS: MYSTIC

Like a few projects that are currently out there-- I plan on adding my own rendition of a healer / support class which is called Mystic. It will allow the player to heal, grant buffs to their allies, and debuff their enemies. For balance purposes, this class won't deal much damage by itself and will need the help of other players or minions. I want to make it possible for hybrid classes to be viable with this class as well. While it won't be optimal in terms of damage, the items from this class will be helpful in single player to an extent.

My current goal for balance will be to grant those who go all-in the class be able to get better healing and buff times. The weapons will just use mana. There will be sentry minions that go with this class. The armor that supports the class will not have high defense. It will require the player to be able to evade and utilize their mana in smart ways to prevent dying. Some of the bosses from this mod will be able to remove buffs from players and reduce / disable all healing at times during their fight.

Below is what is currently being worked on:

Pre-Hardmode

Elite: Wyvern Hatchling [ FOREST | DESERT | ICE | JUNGLE ]
> This mob spawns rarely in their respective biomes and spawn more during weather events. They are quite beefy. Their attacks consist of bites and those related to their biome.
> Each variant drops a rare item that allows you to summon it as a pet. They are guaranteed to drop fangs related to their element that you can craft modded items out of.

PLACEHOLDER FOR SPRITE PREVIEW

Dragons of Oblivion is a project that will focus on adding content for all stages of the game with a specific theme in mind-- dragons. This mod aims to include new bosses, items, weapons, and materials. It will be as multiplayer compatible as I can so it can be enjoyed at it's fullest potential.

As I develop this mod, I will post on this thread with plans and updates. It'll start as simple as possible and progressively get more complex as I learn how to code everything. Any assistance in the coding department is appreciated as I will be doing it by myself plus all the spriting. Any suggestions are appreciated as well.

NEW BOSSES

Wyverns will be a primary theme of Pre-Hardmode as they are considered in a lot of media to be a smaller sub-species of dragon. All bosses in this stage of the game will mirror those in vanilla in theme. They will not have a breath attack but are capable of inflicting status effects. Below is the order in which they will be intended to be fought:

Slime Wyvern
This wyvern will appear to have formed from the King Slime itself. It will look relatively innocent, rich, and... melty. The difficulty will be slightly above King Slime.

Desert Wyvern
This wyvern will appear to have evolved from the most majestic of vultures. It will look similar to a bearded vulture-- feathered and bright but still using the vanilla desert palette. The difficulty will be slightly above Eye of Cthulhu.

Bone Wyvern
This wyvern will appear to have succumbed to the curse of the dungeon and come back for vengeance. It will look skeletal or mostly decayed with chains upon it's body. The difficulty will be slightly above Skeletron.

... I am contemplating adding more wyverns for the Jungle and Ice biomes as well for Pre-Hardmode.

NEW CLASS: MYSTIC

Like a few projects that are currently out there-- I plan on adding my own rendition of a healer / support class which is called Mystic. It will allow the player to heal, grant buffs to their allies, and debuff their enemies. For balance purposes, this class won't deal much damage by itself and will need the help of other players or minions. I want to make it possible for hybrid classes to be viable with this class as well. While it won't be optimal in terms of damage, the items from this class will be helpful in single player to an extent.

My current goal for balance will be to grant those who go all-in the class be able to get better healing and buff times. The weapons will just use mana. There will be sentry minions that go with this class. The armor that supports the class will not have high defense. It will require the player to be able to evade and utilize their mana in smart ways to prevent dying. Some of the bosses from this mod will be able to remove buffs from players and reduce / disable all healing at times during their fight.

Below is what is currently being worked on:

Pre-Hardmode

Elite: Wyvern Hatchling [ FOREST | DESERT | ICE | JUNGLE ]
> This mob spawns rarely in their respective biomes and spawn more during weather events. They are quite beefy. Their attacks consist of bites and those related to their biome.
> Each variant drops a rare item that allows you to summon it as a pet. They are guaranteed to drop fangs related to their element that you can craft modded items out of.

PLACEHOLDER FOR SPRITE PREVIEW

@porsef
This sounds like a really awesome idea for a Terraria Mod. I've got some questions that need answering but I'll save them for a later date when you are more comfortable with your mod. Learning to code along the way is a great exercise in all honesty. As for your other open vacancies- I'd be interesting in working on sprites or helping you with some coding too. Best way to contact me is via the Terraria Forums OR you can PM via the forums and we can move our discussion to Discord? I'd also be happy to help you get a Discord set up for your mod. P.S - I'll be sending you a PM within the next few hours! Best of luck with this mod!

Back
Top Bottom