tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for this mod to be completed! What im most looking forward to playing around with in the mod is the zero laser when its released.
Zero laser? Isn't that the thing from brawl?
It is, and there's a bit of an "if" on whether or not I'll actually add it. I know I can add it, I know how it'd be implemented, but I kinda fail to see when and where it'd be used. Because think about it, it's a big giant lazer, sure, but comes at the cost of not being able to use a power suit for a given period of time. And plus, I can't make it kill everything instantly, because then it'd be overpowered. So, I could lower the damage, but it might become underpowered, because, well, it comes at quite a cost...

I could add it because "why not", but I honestly don't feel that I would enjoy implementing it. :sigh:

It is, and there's a bit of an "if" on whether or not I'll actually add it. I know I can add it, I know how it'd be implemented, but I kinda fail to see when and where it'd be used. Because think about it, it's a big giant lazer, sure, but comes at the cost of not being able to use a power suit for a given period of time. And plus, I can't make it kill everything instantly, because then it'd be overpowered. So, I could lower the damage, but it might become underpowered, because, well, it comes at quite a cost...

I could add it because "why not", but I honestly don't feel that I would enjoy implementing it. :sigh:
It's your mod do whatever you enjoy. :)

What is the problem that causes the mod to not be multiplayer compatible?
Well, for one, I'm not using net messages where I should be, and secondly, apparently bringing the Power Beam or Missile Launcher to a server will crash it. Something to do with loading the items in their addon slots.

Alright, so after a fair bit of testing, I notice that every time I use the Extractinator, it creates some sort of instability shortly thereafter that crashes the game (usually when something changes; always within a few minutes).

I have no idea why that would happen (bad install?), but I've been able to play Terraria with this mod for many nights straight without such a problem occurring otherwise.
There might be something else at play or just freak chance, but that seems to be the common trigger.

Alright, so after a fair bit of testing, I notice that every time I use the Extractinator, it creates some sort of instability shortly thereafter that crashes the game (usually when something changes; always within a few minutes).

I have no idea why that would happen (bad install?), but I've been able to play Terraria with this mod for many nights straight without such a problem occurring otherwise.
There might be something else at play or just freak chance, but that seems to be the common trigger.
I had also crashed when using this mod right after an extractinator session. Don't know if it was just luck or other mods but worth mentioning.

Alright, so it's definitely tAPI. I unloaded the Metroid mod and tried again, and it's definitely a problem with the Extractinator.
Using an Extractinator and then killing ANYTHING (or watching something die) crashes the game.

Alright, so it's definitely tAPI. I unloaded the Metroid mod and tried again, and it's definitely a problem with the Extractinator.
Using an Extractinator and then killing ANYTHING (or watching something die) crashes the game.
Good to know it isn't a problem on my end, I suppose.

Certainly cant wait for tapi to glitch out when 1.3 happens...:sigh:%:sigh::merchantsigh::nursesigh:~:sigh:`:sigh:
And you stated this here instead of the tAPI thread because...? :rolleyes:

Ok, so I don't want to rush you, but I just want to ask: do you have any idea when you will release the next update? I'm not asking you to hurry or anything, but I'm just wondering if you have any idea how long it will be.

Ok, so I don't want to rush you, but I just want to ask: do you have any idea when you will release the next update? I'm not asking you to hurry or anything, but I'm just wondering if you have any idea how long it will be.
Well, considering I haven't made any progress lately (been fiddling with Game Maker--been wanting to do that for awhile), it might be awhile before the next update...
Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to do something different for awhile. Progress will resume in due time, I assure you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom