tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know about this?
Code:
public virtual void WorldGenModifyHardmodeTaskList(System.Collections.Generic.List<WorldGenTask> list) {  }
Huh, no I didn't know about it...

But I still don't have the skill to create a custom structure, which I hear is pretty difficult. Especially an elaborate one like the Crash Frigate.

Huh, no I didn't know about it...

But I still don't have the skill to create a custom structure, which I hear is pretty difficult. Especially an elaborate one like the Crash Frigate.
Well, there is also mod floating around this section that generates random dungeons, and few people already use it's code with permission, soo making random structure with custom looking chests (wich is now possible since r15), that looks like for example a random part of crashed frigate could be possible ;) Just saying.

You know what would be cooler than a crashed frigate? A leviathan seed dungeon, which contains phazon based enemies and a boss at the bottom that could be Metroid Prime, or a brand new boss that is a phazon boosted version of a pre-existing boss or enemy (Think "Omega Skeletron", or "Derpling Prime"), that uses new attacks and the like, could be quite interesting.

You know what would be cooler than a crashed frigate? A leviathan seed dungeon, which contains phazon based enemies and a boss at the bottom that could be Metroid Prime, or a brand new boss that is a phazon boosted version of a pre-existing boss or enemy (Think "Omega Skeletron", or "Derpling Prime"), that uses new attacks and the like, could be quite interesting.
Except if you were to beat that boss, what would happen? The world would've been rid of precious Phazon, thus rendering many out of it's content.

How did you activate the mount? Morph Ball should disable the use of items while active (it's basically the "Cursed" debuff effect).
I have found an issue, the Phazon beam is ridiculously overpowered, I could defeat enraged plantera in under 25 seconds with it, no damage prefixes whatsoever.

@Scooterboot9697 This "overheat" system really is easy to get around with all the stuff in the game it really doesn't do much in my opinion.
The idea was to have at least some kind of restriction on the beams, because infinite ammo is OP. And people (as well as I) didn't like the mana usage, so I changed it to something... easier (probably too easy).

I could tweak it. I even thought about getting rid of the ability of using Concentration to cool it down faster.
(Though, I could replace it with a mechanic where enemies drop some kind of energy orb that cools it down faster, like mana stars.)

Have you considered adding the Ichor effect back to the Nova Laser? Maybe make it take more than just 3 Ichor/ Cursed Flames to make though? I feel as though it would be nice to have something in-mod capable of inflicting Ichor that doesnt take up the Nova Beam slot.

Have you considered adding the Ichor effect back to the Nova Laser? Maybe make it take more than just 3 Ichor/ Cursed Flames to make though? I feel as though it would be nice to have something in-mod capable of inflicting Ichor that doesnt take up the Nova Beam slot.
Well, first of all, the Nova Laser never had the Ichor effect before, it was the Nova Beam which originally had it (and the Red Plasma Beam).
And secondly, the Nova Laser isn't intended to be a weapon, so it wouldn't be exactly fitting to put such an effect on it.
And lastly... it's kind of a "Cursed Flame" weapon, so if anything it should inflict the Cursed Fire debuff...
(This is the reason I removed it from the Nova Beam in the first place. Consistency. And it was removed from the Red Plasma Beam because Ichor is arguably a very powerful debuff, so Red Plasma was potentially more powerful than the Nova Beam.)

(I could add an alternate "Red Nova Laser" which is the result when it's made from Ichor flames, but I don't know if it should inflict the debuff.)

The idea was to have at least some kind of restriction on the beams, because infinite ammo is OP. And people (as well as I) didn't like the mana usage, so I changed it to something... easier (probably too easy).

I could tweak it. I even thought about getting rid of the ability of using Concentration to cool it down faster.
(Though, I could replace it with a mechanic where enemies drop some kind of energy orb that cools it down faster, like mana stars.)

How about to make them beams less usefull by making them overheat even faster, and as accesory, or upgrade (like default beam upgrade, or a new stol for it) a thing that will make beams overheat slower (maybe a few tiers of them, one even crafted with phazon). Also, do you plan on adding more types of Metroid? (tbh i only knew they exist because i read about them, i only played 4 metroid games (nes, super metroid, fusion and zero mission), and try to play metroid prime)

well...i know your mod is conflicting with shockah's mod...
but can you fix this? or can you add a debug/cheatmode menu toggled from the mod options?
just asking...it's too exhausted to play normally after cheating for a looooong time.

well...i know your mod is conflicting with shockah's mod...
but can you fix this? or can you add a debug/cheatmode menu toggled from the mod options?
just asking...it's too exhausted to play normally after cheating for a looooong time.
As far as I know, Shockah's Fancy Cheat Menu should work fine. I use it all the time.
I'm pretty sure it's just his other mods that cause problems...

How about to make them beams less usefull by making them overheat even faster, and as accesory, or upgrade (like default beam upgrade, or a new stol for it) a thing that will make beams overheat slower (maybe a few tiers of them, one even crafted with phazon). Also, do you plan on adding more types of Metroid? (tbh i only knew they exist because i read about them, i only played 4 metroid games (nes, super metroid, fusion and zero mission), and try to play metroid prime)
Well, I think accessories are lacking in my mod, so I'll consider adding some that increase the cooldown rate or something.

I will be adding other variants of Metroids, yes. I have been planning to do that for awhile now...

Maybe you could make it so that overheat cools off on it's own veeerryy slowly, so that you would have to use concentration to cool off midbattle, and concentration would cool off at the current rate the heat cools off normally on it's own.
I actually didn't know about using concentration to cool off faster, when I mentioned killing enraged plantera in under 25 seconds, I did it without concentration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom