tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the reason why, as you need the 1.2.4.1 version instead of 1.3.0.8

You
underestimate the power of modding.;)

So i went to downgrade patches and i dont have the option for 1.2.4.1 the one i tried is 1.2.2 so in my game launcher i have tapi r15 and terraria original backup:1.3.0.7, terraria:1.3.0.7, terraria1.2.2 andn terraria 6:1.3.0.7. What do i doooo

This essentially answers your question. tAPI is outdated and basically won't work. 1.3 re-optimized some of the texture files and removed some and moved others to different directories, and tAPI requires the texture files prior to 1.3. Therefore, it's throwing an error somewhere about missing files.

The error can't be seen normally (for whatever reason), but you should be able to find the error in written form if you go to tAPI's error log directory (C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Logs) and open the latest .txt file there.

If I am correct about all this, I'm pretty sure I already know what the log says ("Unable to fine XXX file" or something like that).

Some people have got tAPI to work after 1.3 by either keeping their old 1.2 texture files or...
*COUGH* Piracy *COUGH* which I do NOT encourage.

In my game launcher downgrade patches pulldown there is no1.2.4.1.....all of the items i have in my gamelauncher file are N terraria 6:1.3.0.7, tapi:1.2.4.1 r15, terraria origional backup:1.3.0.7, terraria:1.2.2, terraria: 1.3.0.7. All of those are in order in my list. What do i do. And when i click on tapi and hit launch it continues to do the same thing as before from my first post

In my game launcher downgrade patches pulldown there is no1.2.4.1.....all of the items i have in my gamelauncher file are N terraria 6:1.3.0.7, tapi:1.2.4.1 r15, terraria origional backup:1.3.0.7, terraria:1.2.2, terraria: 1.3.0.7. All of those are in order in my list. What do i do. And when i click on tapi and hit launch it continues to do the same thing as before from my first post
Well now, this seems like a problem with Game Launcher. Maybe you should submit your problem on the Game Launcher forum thread instead of here, as I have no idea how to help.

ok i have installed it now had seen that the latest tapi version wont work with it, but now i have the problem, that the morph ball wont work. when i put the upgrade in the accesory slot, the game crashes

ok i have installed it now had seen that the latest tapi version wont work with it, but now i have the problem, that the morph ball wont work. when i put the upgrade in the accesory slot, the game crashes
What version of tAPI are you using? You may need to rebuild the Source Code (DL link on the front page) using the tAPI Builder. It should be straight forward.

i use tapi r12 but if its the wrong version could you tell me which is perfect for it? or show me how to rebuild the source code? XD

i use tapi r12 but if its the wrong version could you tell me which is perfect for it? or show me how to rebuild the source code? XD
My mod (if I remember correctly) was last built for tAPI r15. Try using that version. It should work (for r16 as well) without needing to be rebuilt.

I found the wavebuster in fancycheatmenu I read the directions on how to use With the missile launcher , but when I press the R key only keeps loading the shot and only makes a shot normally loaded, as I can fix it? (and I tried to change the key settings )
[doublepost=1459118629,1459118583][/doublepost]
My mod (if I remember correctly) was last built for tAPI r15. Try using that version. It should work (for r16 as well) without needing to be rebuilt.

I found the wavebuster in fancycheatmenu I read the directions on how to use With the missile launcher , but when I press the R key only keeps loading the shot and only makes a shot normally loaded, as I can fix it? (and I tried to change the key settings )

Wave Buster was never finished. It's working exactly the way it was coded at the time. There's a reason it's normally unobtainable.

So as i tried getting r 15 for tapi i have that (still dosent load) i have terraria 1.2.2 installed and it dosent even launch from game launcger but n mod and terraria 1.3.0.7 does? This is really frustrating because i would really love to have this mod but i was using my number so if i might be able to send pictures of my gamelauncher screen or otherwise my program files if needed.

20160328_194736.jpg

[doublepost=1459212679,1459212583][/doublepost]Well there ya go. Thats all i have to work with. But i already have the mod and i havent found and videos on youtube that really explain what EXACTLY to do. Or my laptop is stupid.

Well there ya go. Thats all i have to work with. But i already have the mod and i havent found and videos on youtube that really explain what EXACTLY to do. Or my laptop is stupid.
Huh. After looking through its forum thread again, apparently Game Launcher's feature allowing you to roll back Terraria versions isn't working (currently?).

Honestly, I don't think I am able to help you at this point. This is a problem involving Terraria, tAPI, and/or Game Launcher, with nothing to do with my mod now.

Chances are, you're kinda screwed (unless some angel comes down from heaven and solves it for you). You might not be able to play my mod as of now, unless of course my mod gets updated to 1.3... which may not happen until the next decade (if the odds are in favor). I honestly don't know.

Huh. After looking through its forum thread again, apparently Game Launcher's feature allowing you to roll back Terraria versions isn't working (currently?).

Honestly, I don't think I am able to help you at this point. This is a problem involving Terraria, tAPI, and/or Game Launcher, with nothing to do with my mod now.

Chances are, you're kinda screwed (unless some angel comes down from heaven and solves it for you). You might not be able to play my mod as of now, unless of course my mod gets updated to 1.3... which may not happen until the next decade (if the odds are in favor). I honestly don't know.
Well thanks. Im gonna find a way to get an older version of terraria some way or another just to play this mod. I look forward to eventually playing it. From the gameplay i saw it looks awesome

i have two questions: You said that the screw attack will be aviable from ridley, but he´s not even in the game, so do you want to work at the mod again? and if not, which is more propable, do you have any codes for him, so someone could just put it in and publish it?

i have two questions: You said that the screw attack will be aviable from ridley, but he´s not even in the game, so do you want to work at the mod again? and if not, which is more propable, do you have any codes for him, so someone could just put it in and publish it?
I did say it was planned to be dropped from Ridley, but the thing is, he does not exist in the mod's files. Not a single trace was ever developed (I had the sprites, but I never put them in).

So basically no to both questions, though the first is kinda uncertain (I did say previously that I would come back and work on this mod if no one else ever decided to work on it in my stead, but I never said when).

I did say it was planned to be dropped from Ridley, but the thing is, he does not exist in the mod's files. Not a single trace was ever developed (I had the sprites, but I never put them in).

So basically no to both questions, though the first is kinda uncertain (I did say previously that I would come back and work on this mod if no one else ever decided to work on it in my stead, but I never said when).

ok, ok. it´s no problem, but it would be a lot cooler if i could get it without inventory mods.^^'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom