tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not very experienced with C# but I know well Java, that is really similar. When I'll fully understand how tmodloader works I might think to port this mod to 1.3 :happy:
Lemme know how that works out for you. If you need any coding tips, feel free to PM me.:)

Thanks.

I'm not very experienced with C# but I know well Java, that is really similar. When I'll fully understand how tmodloader works I might think to port this mod to 1.3 :happy:
Oh, please do! Problem is, tAPI is very different to tModloader unfortunately (I think). I wasn't able to work with tAPI, but I have made a tModloader mod. Maybe that's just because I'm more skilled with coding now. Oh well, that's just me. Good luck Odran!

Lemme know how that works out for you. If you need any coding tips, feel free to PM me.:)
Thanks, I'll surely need your help in case I decide to port this mod.

Oh, please do! Problem is, tAPI is very different to tModloader unfortunately (I think). I wasn't able to work with tAPI, but I have made a tModloader mod. Maybe that's just because I'm more skilled with coding now. Oh well, that's just me. Good luck Odran!

Yeah, I noticed it's fairly different, but it seems also a bit easier. I'll have to change a lot of things. For example I'll need to think on a way to rework the beam addon interface, since for what I can see tModLoader doesn't support custom chest like interface.

Thanks, I'll surely need your help in case I decide to port this mod.

Yeah, I noticed it's fairly different, but it seems also a bit easier. I'll have to change a lot of things. For example I'll need to think on a way to rework the beam addon interface, since for what I can see tModLoader doesn't support custom chest like interface.
Well, I mentioned earlier that the beam addons could work as ammo and/or accessories possibly. Like, spazer and plasma beams could be ammo, ice and wave could be accessories(or maybe just ice?) while charge, hyper, and phazon beams could be weapons themselves.

Looking around the internet, I found this: [video] Makes me want to play Super Metroid again.
Hehe. That certainly brings back memories. I actually remember when Duze started working on that map (you can find the old yet final[?] version here).
He did a tremendous job coding some adventure map elements into my mod. Although there were some bugs and the bosses weren't perfect, it was still a better job than I could've done.

Dang, what have you done to me? I'm getting nostalgic. Lol

For example I'll need to think on a way to rework the beam addon interface, since for what I can see tModLoader doesn't support custom chest like interface.
I'd recommend creating a custom interface instead. Pulls up from either a key press or, if possible, as a menu similar to the equipment/housing buttons. Anyway, you just set some values (-1 for unobtained, 0 for not activated, 1 for in use) and then build the interface around there. Similar to say, Super Metroid, have unobtained items not show up in the menu, items you have but aren't using greyed out, and items you are currently using as highlighted/bright.

I come back to check this after so long.... why did you change the Solar Eclipse music from "Harmony of a Hunter" to.... whatever THAT is? I preferred the old soundtrack! D: Otherwise, loving the progress of the mod.

I come back to check this after so long.... why did you change the Solar Eclipse music from "Harmony of a Hunter" to.... whatever THAT is? I preferred the old soundtrack! D: Otherwise, loving the progress of the mod.
Harmony of a Hunter is now used for the lunar event, much more fitting in my opinion.

...Have you PLAYED the Lunar Events? I think they're better flipped. Solar Eclipse is more hectic with Harmony of a Hunter playing, while the Lunar Events get to feel more ominous with Nightmare (which is the pretense for Moon Lord... which is pretty nightmarish in itself) playing. Any chances of a version with the two flipped? I used to have the old Wave Bank, but can't find it anymore... I assume it's lost to time.

...Have you PLAYED the Lunar Events? I think they're better flipped. Solar Eclipse is more hectic with Harmony of a Hunter playing, while the Lunar Events get to feel more ominous with Nightmare (which is the pretense for Moon Lord... which is pretty nightmarish in itself) playing. Any chances of a version with the two flipped? I used to have the old Wave Bank, but can't find it anymore... I assume it's lost to time.
Personally, I feel the lunar event is more hectic, while the solar eclipse feels more horror-y with all the movie monsters. Speaking of hectic, I would like the golem/lunatic cultist theme be the SA-X battle theme:
I feel it fits the craziness and intensity of the lunatic cultist.

Speaking of hectic, I would like the golem/lunatic cultist theme be the SA-X battle theme: [] I feel it fits the craziness and intensity of the lunatic cultist.
Yeah, but it would kinda take the edge off the Golem. I'd have to try to find a track that fits both bosses (though, that may be hard). I chose the Quadraxis remix for the Golem before the Lunatic Cultist was added to the game so it just kinda stuck. I may find a new song at some point in time.

Everyone has different tastes for what music might fit in what way. I made the Wave Bank based on my own tastes.
(Except maybe with a few suggestions from others here and there that I ended up liking better, for instance I liked the Golem theme I chose, but I may like it better if I find a different one).

I hope I don't sound rude, but if you don't like it, you can either make one of your own, or not use it at all.:confused:

I hope I don't sound rude, but if you don't like it, you can either make one of your own, or not use it at all.:confused:
Whelp... I guess it's the latter. I remember about a year ago, I praised you for using some awesome music.. and then it changes, and suddenly I'm in the wrong, so. That happened I guess... suppose I'll have to make my own. Sorry to be a "nuisance".

EDIT: Honestly, it is a real shame there isn't a backup of the old stuff. I remember you used to do it back in the days of 1.2, before you moved to this site. Oh well. Kinda hard to play, and curse me for having lost it.

Last edited:
Yeah, but it would kinda take the edge off the Golem. I'd have to try to find a track that fits both bosses (though, that may be hard). I chose the Quadraxis remix for the Golem before the Lunatic Cultist was added to the game so it just kinda stuck. I may find a new song at some point in time.

Everyone has different tastes for what music might fit in what way. I made the Wave Bank based on my own tastes.
(Except maybe with a few suggestions from others here and there that I ended up liking better, for instance I liked the Golem theme I chose, but I may like it better if I find a different one).

Yeah, something metroid that fits both golem and lunatic cultist does seem hard to find. Oh well.

Have you done anything to update it to 1.3?
The most I've done recently is fiddle around with tModloader, trying to get use to it.

However, lately I have not had a lot of free time, because last Sunday I got a job... as a dishwasher...:indifferent:
I honestly never thought my first job would be working as a dish boy in a restaurant, but I suppose it could be worse. At least my co-workers are nice and the food is good (I get at least one free meal, btw). And hey, we all have to start somewhere.

Anyway, that's what I've been doing in case you guys were wondering. This doesn't mean progress will stop completely, it just means it's going very slowly.:sigh:

The most I've done recently is fiddle around with tModloader, trying to get use to it.

However, lately I have not had a lot of free time, because last Sunday I got a job... as a dishwasher...:indifferent:
I honestly never thought my first job would be working as a dish boy in a restaurant, but I suppose it could be worse. At least my co-workers are nice and the food is good (I get at least one free meal, btw). And hey, we all have to start somewhere.

Anyway, that's what I've been doing in case you guys were wondering. This doesn't mean progress will stop completely, it just means it's going very slowly.:sigh:
A dishwasher? Don't we have machines that do that? :confused:
Anyways, wish you luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom