tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some weird reason I can't edit the first post. But here are the links:
Download
Source

Oh wonderful! I was worried I wasn't gonna get to see those kickass armor suits in game. Maybe I'll try making a preview of all of them on dummies so everyone can see what they look like outside of the item image. Annnd done!

eSvMMQq.png
0qAInax.png
LaZmcLB.png
QL1x0Oc.png

43tkUMs.png
KNDtQoc.png
pFoEhbC.png
9ycpDN6.png

uOej69S.png
pmmVAra.png
wVG9OXm.png
ghC9W2f.png

Order is:
Power | Varia | Gravity | Phazon
Dark | Light | PED | Hazard Shield
T.Gravity | T.Phazon | T.Light | T.Hazard Shield

Last edited:
Apologies, but I seem to have another Metroid wavebank installed. I do believe I'm using the one from here, but there's no tracklist provided, and it's been bugging me that I don't know the track used for eerie. Cheers though, and hope someday you port your mod to TML.

Edit: Found out it was from MP3

Last edited:
Will the discord open when the mod is released?
EDIT: Also, can the farming be toned down a bit? in the tAPI playthrough, hardmode was like the end of the mod for me, it felt like "want to upgrade something and make new armor? FARM SOULS OF LIGHT, NIGHT, ICHOR", I hope the new armors from like page 10-16 of this mod will tone the farming down, overall, It's well scripted, really fun and faithful to the Metroid series.

Will the discord open when the mod is released?
Um, likely not.
EDIT: Also, can the farming be toned down a bit? in the tAPI playthrough, hardmode was like the end of the mod for me, it felt like "want to upgrade something and make new armor? FARM SOULS OF LIGHT, NIGHT, ICHOR", I hope the new armors from like page 10-16 of this mod will tone the farming down, overall, It's well scripted, really fun and faithful to the Metroid series.
The mod is being rebalanced from the ground up. Once we get all the major stuff in place, we'll come back through and polish everything. But there's still more to do before we're at that stage of development.

Why not a discord server? since you can't edit your first post, i think it's a good decision to post the important stuff in the discord, unless you find a way to edit your first post, in which case, a discord server is not that needed
I'm going to make a completely new thread on release. It'll keep things consistent and less cluttered.

Does Kraid drop varia suit ?
He drops a material that is used to upgrade the Varia suit. Basically, the normal Varia suit is simply a Power Suit recolor, like in Zero Mission/NES Metroid. But then it can be upgraded to the iconic large shoulder version (called Varia Suit V2) using large tissue samples that are dropped from Kraid.

Metroid Larva "pet" that sucks the health out of enemies, then they evolve to an alpha metroid which charges at the enemies, dealing large amounts of damage and knocking enemies away, then evolving to an Gamma Metroid which does the same as an alpha metroid except it can fire a projectile (a nova laser-ish projectile) then to a Zeta Metroid, this time they aren't flying; but they are in the ground, they can ocassionally hop to reach flying enemies or to cause a shockwave to knock enemies up into the air and stun them, could spit "acid" from their mouth, and the simple swipe attack, massive knockback; next the Omega metroid, they are bigger, stronger, dealing MASSIVE amounts of damage, MASSIVE knockback, could make its mouth like a flamethrower, can also hop but not as high, and deals more damage than it did before; and lastly, the Queen Metroid, there can only be ONE in an entire world, they need a specificed place for her to stay and lay eggs, she is also very tanky, with large amounts of health (like 1k?) with its only attack to attack its victim with the head and "eat" it, after some enemies that were "eaten" she will lay an egg that CAN be destroyed, so take care of it, also take care of the Metroids, since they can be killed, and the more metroids you have, the weaker they are (less knockback, damage and health)
I know having Metroids as a "pet" or "friendly killing machine" sounds weird, but i thought it's a fun idea! I got the inspiration from the metroid larva pet that was in this mod around tconfig? or another metroid mod i'm unaware of, thanks for listening to my long idea.

EDIT: The zeta and omega metroid shockwave i mentioned is caused by the landing of the hop incase that isn't clear

Last edited:
Metroid Larva "pet" that sucks the health out of enemies, then they evolve to an alpha metroid which charges at the enemies, dealing large amounts of damage and knocking enemies away, then evolving to an Gamma Metroid which does the same as an alpha metroid except it can fire a projectile (a nova laser-ish projectile) then to a Zeta Metroid, this time they aren't flying; but they are in the ground, they can ocassionally hop to reach flying enemies or to cause a shockwave to knock enemies up into the air and stun them, could spit "acid" from their mouth, and the simple swipe attack, massive knockback; next the Omega metroid, they are bigger, stronger, dealing MASSIVE amounts of damage, MASSIVE knockback, could make its mouth like a flamethrower, can also hop but not as high, and deals more damage than it did before; and lastly, the Queen Metroid, there can only be ONE in an entire world, they need a specificed place for her to stay and lay eggs, she is also very tanky, with large amounts of health (like 1k?) with its only attack to attack its victim with the head and "eat" it, after some enemies that were "eaten" she will lay an egg that CAN be destroyed, so take care of it, also take care of the Metroids, since they can be killed, and the more metroids you have, the weaker they are (less knockback, damage and health)
I know having Metroids as a "pet" or "friendly killing machine" sounds weird, but i thought it's a fun idea! I got the inspiration from the metroid larva pet that was in this mod around tconfig? or another metroid mod i'm unaware of, thanks for listening to my long idea.

EDIT: The zeta and omega metroid shockwave i mentioned is caused by the landing of the hop incase that isn't clear
Uh... wow...
Why not just adding metroids as enemy ?

Yeah, this is the general idea for now. We don't really have any plans to make, well, summoner-class items; let alone anything as overly complicated as eduardokirbyfan is describing. Definite food for thought, however.

Hey, scooter. I'm glad you're working on the Metroid mod again, and I wish you the best of luck. I would just like to know, would it be too much to have an estimate on how much you've done since you started it back up? It'd quell my curiosity to see just how "slow" mod progress is going, if it even is slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom