tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I only checked back on this mod now after a long while, and I see that progress to updating it has been going great! Loved watching that Nightmare video, can't wait to play this when it's fully updated!

Oh man. I played the tapi version not long ago when someone linked an older Terraria and this. God was it fun to play and I can't wait for this to come to Tmodloader! The updates to all the boss fights and such are gonna be real nice. Question though the missile expansion still found randomly? And are they also still going to be as super tiny as they were before? I remember finding those was a bit of a pita at times because of how tiny they were.

Oh man. I played the tapi version not long ago when someone linked an older Terraria and this. God was it fun to play and I can't wait for this to come to Tmodloader! The updates to all the boss fights and such are gonna be real nice. Question though the missile expansion still found randomly? And are they also still going to be as super tiny as they were before? I remember finding those was a bit of a pita at times because of how tiny they were.
We haven't really changed much about them during the port, but we might do some tweaks to make them easier to find.

We haven't really changed much about them during the port, but we might do some tweaks to make them easier to find.
Sounds good! On a larger resolution finding them was very tedious to do because of their size.

Looking forward to seeing this mod come out though! Are there any plans to add more content to it over time? Like other metroid bosses?

Sounds good! On a larger resolution finding them was very tedious to do because of their size.

Looking forward to seeing this mod come out though! Are there any plans to add more content to it over time? Like other metroid bosses?
Yes. I plan to add at least one more boss before an initial release, among other things. After that, more bosses and content will come out in future updates.

so, I have been a huge fan of this mod since the tconfig days back in 1.1.2, but, I was just curious, do you have an approximate release date? also, while I wait, do you know of a mod that adds like a power beam and possibly the varia suit/power suit? I don't want much, but, it's been years since I've played the mod.

so, I have been a huge fan of this mod since the tconfig days back in 1.1.2, but, I was just curious, do you have an approximate release date? also, while I wait, do you know of a mod that adds like a power beam and possibly the varia suit/power suit? I don't want much, but, it's been years since I've played the mod.
We don't have an approximate release date. The only other mod I know of that adds the power suit and beam is W1K's mod, which is still outdated.

How much % of the update you would say is finished?
A very rough estimate would be about... 70-75%(?) for the initial release. We've almost got the majority of the content for the first version finished, but then after that is a lot of polishing, like reworking/figuring out all of the item recipes and stat balancing.

A very rough estimate would be about... 70-75%(?) for the initial release. We've almost got the majority of the content for the first version finished, but then after that is a lot of polishing, like reworking/figuring out all of the item recipes and stat balancing.
If you keep up that rate, My (also) very rough calculations estimate that it'll be released around May to July? Probably wrong since i remember you saying late 2018 in a comment in the nightmare video.
Don't rush the mod :happy:
[doublepost=1517957565,1517957310][/doublepost]Also, the sense move needs tweaking. While fighting The Destroyer (maybe another mech boss?) all i did was hold Shift and keep pressing left and right and all of them went down easily. I was using the diffusion missile with super ice missiles.

h y p e
AA.jpg

Also, the sense move needs tweaking. While fighting The Destroyer (maybe another mech boss?) all i did was hold Shift and keep pressing left and right and all of them went down easily. I was using the diffusion missile with super ice missiles.
We'll look into it. I'll probably either give Sense Move a cooldown, or give its instant charge effect a cooldown...

Or I could just remove it altogether, as I personally feel the ability is a little silly, but we'll see

Aww man, I remember playing this back in the good old 1.1.2 days, I didn't think a newer version was coming out for 1.3! I honestly can't wait for this mod, even though it's not released yet it looks so smooth from what I can see in the boss videos. I've seen some people playing the older tApi version of this mod, but for some reason I can't get it to work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, the game launcher apparently doesn't downgrade the version anymore, and I can't install tApi since it's outdated, would anyone mind explaining to me how to get it running?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it working, man this makes me even more hyped for the 1.3 release! Can't wait :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom