tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debating on that. I'm of the opinion of having a select few people beta test before release, but Joost says we should make it an open beta. We can sort it out when we get to that point, however.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I think an open beta would be great, but there would have to be some way to get feedback on important bugs and balancing without flooding the thread here.

Terraria is so much better with the morph ball, shinespark and grappling beam. So fun.

There is a mod which adds a thing that turns you into a 1-block tall frog, as well. Things like this are really cool and create some very interesting opportunities for creative builds and adventure maps.

For a while now I've been thinking about trying to make the B.S.L Station in Terraria, but after this mod is released I think I'll actually try because it looks so good; And do you plan on adding any decorations, like doors, Chozo statues, or background elements?

For a while now I've been thinking about trying to make the B.S.L Station in Terraria, but after this mod is released I think I'll actually try because it looks so good; And do you plan on adding any decorations, like doors, Chozo statues, or background elements?
Colored Hatches and Chozo statues are going to be in the release, yes. Not sure about any background elements though.

so, if this gets put in an open beta, how would we sign up, and, I hate to sound like a broken record, but, is there an eta on a beta/full release yet? btw, I LOVE the way that the beams work now, would be a lot better than having to use a different weapon for each type of beam

so, if this gets put in an open beta, how would we sign up, and, I hate to sound like a broken record, but, is there an eta on a beta/full release yet? btw, I LOVE the way that the beams work now, would be a lot better than having to use a different weapon for each type of beam
By "open" beta I guess I mean that it is released publicly for anyone to try without any sign up needed, much in the same way the tAPI version was released.
And I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want to try to release this by the end of this year, but I still can't guarantee it due to the unpredictability of real life.

By "open" beta I guess I mean that it is released publicly for anyone to try without any sign up needed, much in the same way the tAPI version was released.
And I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want to try to release this by the end of this year, but I still can't guarantee it due to the unpredictability of real life.

By the end of this year... *sniffle*
That is so far away! :nurseconfused::nurseconfused::nurseconfused::nurseconfused:

Will the beta builds be purely testing items and require creative spawning or will they be functional builds in a similar manner to earlier versions of base game Terraria, where the gameplay and natural progression is there and craftable with materials able to be found in the world but without all the end game content in yet?

Will the beta builds be purely testing items and require creative spawning or will they be functional builds in a similar manner to earlier versions of base game Terraria, where the gameplay and natural progression is there and craftable with materials able to be found in the world but without all the end game content in yet?
The beta build would be playable from start to finish, with no cheat mods needed. The purpose of beta testing is to squash bugs and correct unbalanced stats, as well as gain feedback on mechanics that may need improving.

The beta build would be playable from start to finish, with no cheat mods needed. The purpose of beta testing is to squash bugs and correct unbalanced stats, as well as gain feedback on mechanics that may need improving.

I don't usually do this but I'd be willing to help test the mod. I've had my eye on this project for quite some time and I'd be willing to lend my support through testing.

Awesome!!! Those new beams and end games itesm!, cool, but i have to ask, what happened with the Phazon Beam, the Hyper Beam and the X-ray vision?, are you still working on them?, Or you discarded those ideas?
(I really wish that not, those were pretty good upgrades)
X-Ray Visor is still a thing, tho it is no longer an equippable accessory and is now used in the hotbar. Hyper Beam and Phazon Beam are being put in, but they are still WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom