tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metroid is my most favorite game of all time and this mod makes me feel like this is a new Metroid game even though I haven't played it, so many different features make the mod feel like a complete change. Hope it's released this year, right..?
That's the plan. I'm aiming for December, but there is the chance of it getting released sooner or later than that.

That would be quite the holiday gift. :-3 Thank you in advance. ^.^

I hate to ask, but is there a "roadmap" of planned features or anything that people can read to wet their metaphorical whistle in the meantime?

That would be quite the holiday gift. :-3 Thank you in advance. ^.^

I hate to ask, but is there a "roadmap" of planned features or anything that people can read to wet their metaphorical whistle in the meantime?
No, but now that you mention it, I could probably make something like that at some point...

Maybe you should port to tModLoader, because tAPI was discontinued almost 3 years ago
We are, have you been reading the previous posts at all?

I've lost some interest in Terraria but perhaps this will take me back
TBH I've always liked two or more routes in some games
By the way, do you plan on adding brinstar, crateria, norfair and stuff like that?
I think those zones would be pretty much just standard Terraria biomes. Brinstar would be normal underground/underground jungle, crateria is the surface, and norfair is the underworld.

We are, have you been reading the previous posts at all?

I think those zones would be pretty much just standard Terraria biomes. Brinstar would be normal underground/underground jungle, crateria is the surface, and norfair is the underworld.
Oops; sorry

I hate to ask but I'm really hungry for more news, so I must ask... how's progress? any new developments you'd be willing to share with the public?

This is the current development "road map" that I have in mind:

Version 2.1: Initial release - This is what we're currently working towards.
~Consists of the majority of the base mod elements
~Bosses currently included: Torizo, Serris, Kraid, Phantoon, Nightmare, Omega Pirate (Edit: Ridley FTW!)

Version 2.2: Prime Update - Consists of additional Metroid Prime content
~Will include an Impact Crater-esque dungeon that houses the Metroid Prime, a Moon Lord tier boss that grants the Phazon Beam.
~Plus other additional things.
~Bosses currently included: Meta Ridley, Metroid Prime

Version 2.3: Echoes Update - Metroid Prime 2 content update
~Will introduce an alternate dimension that will be a dark variant of the player's current world (will be named "Dark [WorldName]" in the mod, also known as "Dark Aether" in Prime 2).
~This update may be primarily focused on the Dark World and as such most of the content may revolve around it.
~How the Dark World will be implemented is still being decided.
~Bosses currently included: Amorbis, Chykka (Larva/Adult), Quadraxis, Emperor Ing, Dark Samus (or "Dark [PlayerName]")

Version 2.4: Corruption Update - Metroid Prime 3 content update
~Introduces P.E.D. (Phazon Enhancement Device) Suit that has the Hyper Mode functionality, and all of the pros and cons that come with it.
~May include Leviathan Seeds, special Phazon dungeons that house special bosses. How they will be implemented is still being decided.
~Bosses currently included: Mogenar, Helios, Omega Ridley, Dark Samus (Prime 3 variant), Aurora Unit 313

Version 2.5: Yet Another Metroid 2 Remake Return of the Terrarian Update - Metroid II: Return of Samus/Samus Returns/AM2R content update
~Greatly expands on Metroids by adding their different evolutionary states.
~Will add "Metroid Nests" that consists of layers - (tentative) first layer will have Gammas and Zetas, second layer will has Zetas and Omegas, third layer will have Omegas only, and in the center is where the Queen will be.

Version 2.6: Super Update - Super Metroid content update
~Will add Tourian, a hidden Space Pirate base connected to vanilla Terraria's dungeon. Inside lies the Mother Brain, a Moon Lord tier boss that grants the Hyper Beam after being defeated.
~Bosses currently included: Ridley (if he isn't introduced earlier), Draygon, Spore Spawn (maybe), Botwoon (maybe), Mother Brain

Version 2.7: Fusion Update - Metroid Fusion content update
~We'll cross this road when we get here.

Keep in mind that this lists tentative and WIP stuff, so it may not represent final decisions. And I also left out minor updates that could add things such as Space Pirate invasions, and other tweaks or small content additions. (These updates would be listed as "2.1.x" or what-have-you.)

Last edited:

~Bosses currently included: Torizo, Serris, Kraid, Phantoon, Nightmare, Omega Pirate

~Will include an Impact Crater-esque dungeon that houses the Metroid Prime, a Moon Lord tier boss that grants the Phazon Beam.

~Will introduce an alternate dimension that will be a dark variant of the player's current world (will be named "Dark [WorldName]" in the mod, also known as "Dark Aether" in Prime 2).
~This update may be primarily focused on the Dark World and as such most of the content may revolve around it.
~Bosses currently included: Amorbis, Chykka (Larva/Adult), Quadraxis, Emperor Ing, Dark Samus (or "Dark [PlayerName]")

~Introduces P.E.D. (Phazon Enhancement Device) Suit that has the Hyper Mode functionality, and all of the pros and cons that come with it.
~May include Leviathan Seeds, special Phazon dungeons that house special bosses. How they will be implemented is still being decided.
~Bosses currently included: Mogenar, Helios, Omega Ridley, Dark Samus (Prime 3 variant), Aurora Unit 313

Version 2.5: Yet Another Metroid 2 Remake Return of the Terrarian Update - Metroid II: Return of Samus/Samus Returns/AM2R content update
~Will add "Metroid Nests" that consists of layers - (tentative) first layer will have Gammas and Zetas, second layer will has Zetas and Omegas, third layer will have Omegas only, and in the center is where the Queen will be.

~Will add Tourian, a hidden Space Pirate base connected to vanilla Terraria's dungeon. Inside lies the Mother Brain, a Moon Lord tier boss that grants the Hyper Beam after being defeated.
~Bosses currently included: Ridley (if he isn't introduced earlier), Draygon, Spore Spawn (maybe), Botwoon (maybe), Mother Brain

Keep in mind that this lists tentative and WIP stuff, so it may not represent final decisions. And I also left out minor updates that could add things such as Space Pirate invasions, and other tweaks or small content additions. (These updates would be listed as "2.1.x" or what-have-you.)
Sounds Awesome! Can't wait to fight Metroid Prime in Terraria!

Is there an estimated release for 2.1?

~Bosses currently included: Torizo, Serris, Kraid, Phantoon, Nightmare, Omega Pirate

Aww, shame Super and Metroid 2 get added so late, but the added areas will be awesome to go through.

God_of_death._11.png
ey im working on a ridley sprite and im gonna animate it. If you wanna use it go ahead and contact me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom