tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should change the x-ray visor, as it seems as one of the less useful accessories than the others. Maybe something to do with silver and shine potions?
EDIT: wanted to try out the wave bank, but i don't know where to put it :confused:

I think you should change the x-ray visor, as it seems as one of the less useful accessories than the others. Maybe something to do with silver and shine potions?
EDIT: wanted to try out the wave bank, but i don't know where to put it :confused:
I honestly thought the X-Ray Visor was overpowered...

You put the Wave Bank in your Terraria content folder (for the Steam version it's: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria\Content), and replace it with Terraria's original Wave Bank (I'd recommend backing up the original, or at least rename it).

All the X-Ray Visor does is provide a cone of light, but you can't do anything else while using it. I would say as it is a less useful accessory than most.
Well, it can be useful for mining and finding ores. That was one of its main purposes. And not only that, it clears out your map pretty good...
What do you expect it to do? :indifferent:

Well, it can be useful for mining and finding ores. That was one of its main purposes. And not only that, it clears out your map pretty good...
What do you expect it to do? :indifferent:
Im just saying that you could get a shine potion for almost the same effect, that's why i proposed the new recipe, as you could get it easier and more early game rather then near the end of the game, where it would be A LOT less useful. Im sure you could agree with this since you did your own playthrough with your own mod :nursetongue:

Last edited:
Im just saying that you could get a shine potion for almost the same effect, that's why i proposed the new recipe, as you could get it easier and more early game rather then near the end of the game, where it would be A LOT less useful. Im sure you could agree with this since you did your own playthrough with your own mod :nursetongue:
Alright. I'll think about making it more mid-game, like somewhere in-between pre and post hardmode...

Let's face it, it's a bit overpowered for early game, and its useless end game, so it'd be best if it were in the middle, right? :D

Reactions: Azu
Alright. I'll think about making it more mid-game, like somewhere in-between pre and post hardmode...

Let's face it, it's a bit overpowered for early game, and its useless end game, so it'd be best if it were in the middle, right? :D
It's essentially just like having a spelunker potion, which is pretty early/mid game.

So I found a glitch. If you equip both morph balls and morph into a ball, you just go straight down and clip through everything, until you hit the bottom of the world. Not sure if this was addressed.

Hey, I love this mod, the work is pretty stellar (love Shinesparking everywhere, it's amazing) but I have found a probable bug.
Whenever I kill a neutral/critter (bunny, butterfly, bird, etc) with a combination beam that uses more than one projectile, if I hit the critter EXACTLY with more than one projectile (where they converge), it crashes the game.

If only one part of the projectile hits the target, it works normally.
I have no idea what causes it, but it's happened with Spazer+Wave (Charge 1 or Charge 2 versions) thus far and I've been able to recreate the crash fairly regularly.

Also, I'm running the new version of tAPI (r15 released today). Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Keep up the great work, and crush them bugs! (also: Kill the Animals)

Are you planning on adding every 2d item/boss?
perhaps make an adventure map, remaking Super metroid or zero mission in terraria.
I'll make about every Metroid item that seems useful and/or fun in the world of Terraria, at least...
And if there's ever going to be an adventure map, I most likely won't be the one making it. I'm not very good at making Terraria maps.

Hey, I love this mod, the work is pretty stellar (love Shinesparking everywhere, it's amazing) but I have found a probable bug.
Whenever I kill a neutral/critter (bunny, butterfly, bird, etc) with a combination beam that uses more than one projectile, if I hit the critter EXACTLY with more than one projectile (where they converge), it crashes the game.

If only one part of the projectile hits the target, it works normally.
I have no idea what causes it, but it's happened with Spazer+Wave (Charge 1 or Charge 2 versions) thus far and I've been able to recreate the crash fairly regularly.

Also, I'm running the new version of tAPI (r15 released today). Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Keep up the great work, and crush them bugs! (also: Kill the Animals)
So that's what's causing the crash. o_O
I always wondered what it was. And I've only started seeing the crash after updating to r15. Maybe it's a issue with tAPI itself? I'll look into my projectile codes and see if I can't find anything...

I agree putting it somewhere in the middle. Maybe when you can get hellstone?
Anyways, i found a bug. not sure if it is one though. you can shine spark (i think that's what it is called) while in morph ball form. Pretty hilarious if you use it with v2 to go FLYING. I had the space booster and morph ball v2 when i found this glitch or bug out.

I agree putting it somewhere in the middle. Maybe when you can get hellstone?
Anyways, i found a bug. not sure if it is one though. you can shine spark (i think that's what it is called) while in morph ball form. Pretty hilarious if you use it with v2 to go FLYING. I had the space booster and morph ball v2 when i found this glitch or bug out.
Shine Sparking in Morph Ball form is an intentional ability. You could even do it in Metroid Zero Mission.
What made you think it was a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom