• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.4 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Zer0Kai

Terrarian
Hey, guys i saw the new recipes for the true night's edge and true excalibur and i have to say...

I am a bit dissapointed.

I think i know how the devs can change it so they make more sense:

1) For TNE: Replace the 20 souls of sight with 25 or 30 souls of night. Keep the rest.

2) For TEx: Replace the chlorofite bars with 25 or 30 souls of light, 15 souls of might, 30 pixie dust, 13 crystal shards and 3 unicorn horns. (The pixie dust and the 13 crystal shards supposed to be a reference to King Arthur's legend)

It should be more logical this way while keeping us from obtaining them too soon... I think.

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
I guess it's a progression thing. I.e. the True Night's Edge and the True Excalibur shouldn't be conceptual "light and dark" mirrors of each other, but should be staggered relatively equally from late Pre-Hardmode to mid Hardmode. The following is entirely my personal opinion.

Night's Edge - As normal, just after attaining Hellstone Bars and having raided the Dungeon.
True Night's Edge - Early Hardmode - Requires Souls of Night.
True Excalibur - After all Mechanical Bosses have been vanquished.
Terra Blade - Post-Golem.

This grants each blade their own time to shine without overshadowing another step in the progression of the journey to the Terra Blade, and still gives the Terra Blade a reason to be worked for and enjoyed. Plus, after that, you still have the other assorted blades between Terra Blade and Zenith, which will have to be gathered anyway. I figure Terra Blade is slightly more powerful than the Influx Waiver and Horseman's Blade, both of which are included in Zenith, and require Ectoplasm from the Post-Plantera Dungeon to activate the Halloween event.

Spookigman Δ

Retinazer
Hey, guys i saw the new recipes for the true night's edge and true excalibur and i have to say...

I am a bit dissapointed.

I think i know how the devs can change it so they make more sense:

1) For TNE: Replace the 20 souls of sight with 25 or 30 souls of night. Keep the rest.

2) For TEx: Replace the chlorofite bars with 25 or 30 souls of light, 15 souls of might, 30 pixie dust, 13 crystal shards and 3 unicorn horns. (The pixie dust and the 13 crystal shards supposed to be a reference to King Arthur's legend)

It should be more logical this way while keeping us from obtaining them too soon... I think.
I guess it's a progression thing. I.e. the True Night's Edge and the True Excalibur shouldn't be conceptual "light and dark" mirrors of each other, but should be staggered relatively equally from late Pre-Hardmode to mid Hardmode. The following is entirely my personal opinion.

Night's Edge - As normal, just after attaining Hellstone Bars and having raided the Dungeon.

This grants each blade their own time to shine without overshadowing another step in the progression of the journey to the Terra Blade, and still gives the Terra Blade a reason to be worked for and enjoyed. Plus, after that, you still have the other assorted blades between Terra Blade and Zenith, which will have to be gathered anyway. I figure Terra Blade is slightly more powerful than the Influx Waiver and Horseman's Blade, both of which are included in Zenith, and require Ectoplasm from the Post-Plantera Dungeon to activate the Halloween event.
isn't this... a thread for a mod?

ChloeElizabeth

Terrarian
I sorta got burnt out on 1.4 when I saw the "metroid mod will be released this month" post back in may. and, I haven't been able to get back into 1.4, plus, after 1.4 launch, it was revealed that 1.4 didn't have mod support yet, only 1.3 and 1.3 tmodloader requires 64 bit tmodloader which is "interesting" to setup (I actually need it, because, with each update to terraria, there's less available memory for mods.)
now, just to hope that it gets released soon

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
I sorta got burnt out on 1.4 when I saw the "metroid mod will be released this month" post back in may. and, I haven't been able to get back into 1.4, plus, after 1.4 launch, it was revealed that 1.4 didn't have mod support yet, only 1.3 and 1.3 tmodloader requires 64 bit tmodloader which is "interesting" to setup (I actually need it, because, with each update to terraria, there's less available memory for mods.)
now, just to hope that it gets released soon
Right, I know what you mean. Luckily there's two respites to this.
1) There's a 64-bit version of tModLoader. Lets you use all of your RAM. <3 It's still for 1.3.5 and works great.
2) This patcher tool is EXTREMELY easy to use and does indeed work phenomenally with 1.4. It's the next best thing to modding for 1.4

Hallowed Sun

Official Terrarian

Actually, aren't you forgetting about the normal Excalibur?

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
Actually, aren't you forgetting about the normal Excalibur?
It can stay where it is. o.o True Excalibur can perhaps be bumped up slightly to after Plantera but before Golem. Maybe Plantera could have a certain chance to drop a "Slotted Stone" that you can combine with the Excalibur to become the True Excalibur.

I've been watching a lot of Merlin lately. :-3 Great show. It's on Netflix.

giras

Golem
Hey folks, just a quick reminder to keep the messages here related to the thread’s topic, Scooterboots Metroid Mod. There are plenty of other places to chat.
Sorry for that :D
Sometimes I diverge from the topic.

Well, anybody knows if there will be any NPCs? It could be nice to have some vendor or advisor from Metroid to chat like the Guide. It could say things like where is the chozite, or the weakness of metroids (for people who not played the games) Even how the addons works for the gun, missiles and sphere.
Maybe it could be Samus, Adam or a stationary artificial inteligence (like a furniture) that you can interact. (That way we could build some spaceship and place it inside to make it more like one)
Dont know how hard it could be, but if we could use that console to locate biomes, or metroid spawn points, tips for spawn bosses... sounds awesome.

PD: Some custom traps like the already present in vanilla (dart, fire, etc) but spacey, metallic and some lasers sounds soooo nice too.
Maybe those are in the mod already but dont know :D

Have a nice day people <3:passionate:

Top Bottom