tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a discord channel for this mod? if not, can I get a status update on the mod, like, do you have an eta yet on it?

is there a discord channel for this mod? if not, can I get a status update on the mod, like, do you have an eta yet on it?
The discord is currently private to the devs, though I may make it public after the first release. As for an ETA, the most I can say is 2019. I originally wanted to have a release by the end of this year (2018), but real life got in the way and slowed development. So, hopefully I can get the first release out by early 2019, but I can't give an exact date.

Are you open to beta testing? I'm willing to help test the mod, and would love to help with development in any way possible, the mod not only looks promising, but also brings one of my favorite series' items into my favorite sandbox game (I also really wanted to use it for a playthrough, but the mod isn't out yet, so why not help out while waiting for the full public release?).

Are you open to beta testing? I'm willing to help test the mod, and would love to help with development in any way possible, the mod not only looks promising, but also brings one of my favorite series' items into my favorite sandbox game (I also really wanted to use it for a playthrough, but the mod isn't out yet, so why not help out while waiting for the full public release?).
First of all, despite how far in development we are, it's too early for beta testing. We're still not finished adding content and the like, but once that's done, then we can focus on fixing major bugs and initial balancing... and then we may start beta testing.

Secondly, I've actually been thinking about how beta testing will work. It will be a public beta and there will be two release branches: stable and beta. The first release will be beta, and we'll work toward making it stable first and foremost (obviously). Future updates will first be released on the beta branch, before being moved to the stable branch after enough testing and fixing has been done.

This way (after the first release is stable), players can choose to stick to stable versions if they so choose, or they can play content earlier by playing the beta. And I'll set up GitHub's bug tracker to make things even easier.

First of all, despite how far in development we are, it's too early for beta testing. We're still not finished adding content and the like, but once that's done, then we can focus on fixing major bugs and initial balancing... and then we may start beta testing.

Secondly, I've actually been thinking about how beta testing will work. It will be a public beta and there will be two release branches: stable and beta. The first release will be beta, and we'll work toward making it stable first and foremost (obviously). Future updates will first be released on the beta branch, before being moved to the stable branch after enough testing and fixing has been done.

This way (after the first release is stable), players can choose to stick to stable versions if they so choose, or they can play content earlier by playing the beta. And I'll set up GitHub's bug tracker to make things even easier.
I see, well keep up the good work, no need to rush anything, I'll wait as long as needed for the beta

I see, well keep up the good work, no need to rush anything, I'll wait as long as needed for the beta
May you can add a type of debuff to the jump height, this can make the shockwave more game original fight.
and you have done an amazing work with the omega pirate i want to see more things in the future :D

@ Omega Pirate video - If you want a way to make a Terraria and Metroid player fill their pantaloons, just show them that video. o.o! It's completely and utterly brilliant in every conceivable way! I can't believe how much detail you've put into it! It's legitimately the best boss I have ever seen in Terraria. My most sincere congratulations to you and the team!

I guess I shouldn't ask, but what prize do they drop?

May you can add a type of debuff to the jump height, this can make the shockwave more game original fight.
and you have done an amazing work with the omega pirate i want to see more things in the future :D
Lol I think you clicked reply on the wrong post.
Anyway, I don't know about debuffing the player unless the Omega Pirate had an ability equivalent to Nightmare's gravity field... but he doesn't. Or I could do something where the grenades can debuff you, but that falls under balancing and tweaking which I have yet to do.
@ Omega Pirate video - If you want a way to make a Terraria and Metroid player fill their pantaloons, just show them that video. o.o! It's completely and utterly brilliant in every conceivable way! I can't believe how much detail you've put into it! It's legitimately the best boss I have ever seen in Terraria. My most sincere congratulations to you and the team!

I guess I shouldn't ask, but what prize do they drop?
I'm glad you find it amazing. The video doesn't show him dropping anything yet, but I can add an item drop with ease. I plan to make him drop some sort of Phazon-based item that is used to upgrade the Gravity Suit into the Phazon Suit.

Its soo amazing to see this mod keeps getting updates. The only problem, is that its not out for everyone to play yet. Keep up the great work. I also like the new hud for the health and magic/missiles @Scooterboot9697
p1120212.jpg

Its soo amazing to see this mod keeps getting updates. The only problem, is that its not out for everyone to play yet. Keep up the great work. I also like the new hud for the health and magic/missiles @Scooterboot9697
-snipped-
Oh, I forgot to mention that the health & mana graphics are from another mod called "Unleveled", which is not made by me. The original mod is called "Leveled", and "Unleveled" is an alternate version that only has the UI features (you can find the download for it on that linked page, and it's also on the Mod Browser if I recall correctly).

And the boss health bar UI is from "Yet Another Boss Health Bar".

Wishing you buckets of luck with all of it. Real life always comes first. Nobody here should ever feel any obligation to put off real life stuff in favor of fictional games, no matter how many people are ridiculously enthusiastic about any one person's monumental labors of love within a single mod.

The reason it's been quiet is because there hasn't been progress. I've been dealing with college finals recently and just college-related things overall, plus other IRL stuffs.
Understandable; It better to do school first. Also, it’s better to have a well done, quality project than to have a rushed, broken one
[doublepost=1544402846,1544402800][/doublepost]
Wishing you buckets of luck with all of it. Real life always comes first. Nobody here should ever feel any obligation to put off real life stuff in favor of fictional games, no matter how many people are ridiculously enthusiastic about any one person's monumental labors of love within a single mod.
100% Agree with this

I don't mean to sound impatient but, could you reupload it, the Dropbox link is dead and it's not on the mod browser. If the current version isn't up-to-date with tloader, then it's ok, take your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom