tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, will there be visors in the mod? I recall the omega pirate boss requiring the use of the x-ray visor and just wanted to know if you had any plans for them. You said earlier that it the x-ray visor would be in the game, but said it was a hotbar item. How will the fight work if you can't see and shoot him at the same time? or are the visors toggle-able?

Out of curiosity, will there be visors in the mod? I recall the omega pirate boss requiring the use of the x-ray visor and just wanted to know if you had any plans for them. You said earlier that it the x-ray visor would be in the game, but said it was a hotbar item. How will the fight work if you can't see and shoot him at the same time? or are the visors toggle-able?
First and foremost, the X-Ray Visor is not required at all during the battle of the Omega Pirate in this mod (he is visible while regenerating his armor).

Secondly, the only visor in the game as of right now is the X-Ray Visor and it works like how it did in Super Metroid; it projects a ray of light that penetrates walls. I may or may not add new visors in the future and may or may not change how the X-Ray Visor currently works, but for now, this is the way it is.

I don't mean to sound impatient but, could you reupload it, the Dropbox link is dead and it's not on the mod browser. If the current version isn't up-to-date with tloader, then it's ok, take your time.
(Sorry for the late reply.)
The dropbox link is only for the tAPI version of the mod, and I can't update it on the first page because I always get an error when trying to edit it. I could link it here in a new post if you really want it.
There has yet to be a release for the tModLoader version, and it'll be that way for some time (can't give a definite release date, the most I can say is "this year", and even then I'm only 90% sure).

First and foremost, the X-Ray Visor is not required at all during the battle of the Omega Pirate in this mod (he is visible while regenerating his armor).

Secondly, the only visor in the game as of right now is the X-Ray Visor and it works like how it did in Super Metroid; it projects a ray of light that penetrates walls. I may or may not add new visors in the future and may or may not change how the X-Ray Visor currently works, but for now, this is the way it is.

(Sorry for the late reply.)
The dropbox link is only for the tAPI version of the mod, and I can't update it on the first page because I always get an error when trying to edit it. I could link it here in a new post if you really want it.
There has yet to be a release for the tModLoader version, and it'll be that way for some time (can't give a definite release date, the most I can say is "this year", and even then I'm only 90% sure).
Hey, about the Omega Pirate fight, I saw the video and thought that the fight could be more challenging if you could make the Omega Pirate spawn pirates while regenerating, like in Metroid Prime.

Hey, about the Omega Pirate fight, I saw the video and thought that the fight could be more challenging if you could make the Omega Pirate spawn pirates while regenerating, like in Metroid Prime.
That's actually a planned feature, I just never got around to actually making the pirates before uploading the video.

That's actually a planned feature, I just never got around to actually making the pirates before uploading the video.
Btw, you may be annoyed by these kinds of questions already, but you said that the mod will be open for public in 2019, how much is done already for the public release?(just the percentage)

Btw, you may be annoyed by these kinds of questions already, but you said that the mod will be open for public in 2019, how much is done already for the public release?(just the percentage)
Truth be told, indeed I am annoyed by these questions, but I still try to answer them as nicely as possible.

With that said, I think I can break down our current progress for this initial release:
Weapons: 99%
Abilities/Powerups: 99%
Armor: 99%
Enemies: 50%-ish
Bosses: 80%
World Generation: 25%
Town NPC: 50%

Balancing: 10%
Overall alpha testing and bug fixing: 15%
(This doesn't mean there's a ton of bugs per say, but rather we haven't actively been looking for bugs yet.)

Content wise, we're about 70-75% of the way there.

If I include balancing and bug fixing, we're only 50% there, however most of that can be done relatively quickly, plus we're doing a beta release anyway which will take care of most of that (hopefully).

(To be clear, these are all rough estimates, and I'm only estimating the first release and not future updates.)

Will there be updates after the release? Like some phazon dungeon with a boss at the end?

Last edited:
Will there be updates after the release? Like some phazon dungeon with a boss at the end?
Scooterboot already mentioned the plan for updates a few pages ago:

This is the current development "road map" that I have in mind:

Version 2.1: Initial release - This is what we're currently working towards.
~Consists of the majority of the base mod elements
~Bosses currently included: Torizo, Serris, Kraid, Phantoon, Nightmare, Omega Pirate (Edit: Ridley FTW!)

Version 2.2: Prime Update - Consists of additional Metroid Prime content
~Will include an Impact Crater-esque dungeon that houses the Metroid Prime, a Moon Lord tier boss that grants the Phazon Beam.
~Plus other additional things.
~Bosses currently included: Meta Ridley, Metroid Prime

Version 2.3: Echoes Update - Metroid Prime 2 content update
~Will introduce an alternate dimension that will be a dark variant of the player's current world (will be named "Dark [WorldName]" in the mod, also known as "Dark Aether" in Prime 2).
~This update may be primarily focused on the Dark World and as such most of the content may revolve around it.
~How the Dark World will be implemented is still being decided.
~Bosses currently included: Amorbis, Chykka (Larva/Adult), Quadraxis, Emperor Ing, Dark Samus (or "Dark [PlayerName]")

Version 2.4: Corruption Update - Metroid Prime 3 content update
~Introduces P.E.D. (Phazon Enhancement Device) Suit that has the Hyper Mode functionality, and all of the pros and cons that come with it.
~May include Leviathan Seeds, special Phazon dungeons that house special bosses. How they will be implemented is still being decided.
~Bosses currently included: Mogenar, Helios, Omega Ridley, Dark Samus (Prime 3 variant), Aurora Unit 313

Version 2.5: Yet Another Metroid 2 Remake Return of the Terrarian Update - Metroid II: Return of Samus/Samus Returns/AM2R content update
~Greatly expands on Metroids by adding their different evolutionary states.
~Will add "Metroid Nests" that consists of layers - (tentative) first layer will have Gammas and Zetas, second layer will has Zetas and Omegas, third layer will have Omegas only, and in the center is where the Queen will be.

Version 2.6: Super Update - Super Metroid content update
~Will add Tourian, a hidden Space Pirate base connected to vanilla Terraria's dungeon. Inside lies the Mother Brain, a Moon Lord tier boss that grants the Hyper Beam after being defeated.
~Bosses currently included: Ridley (if he isn't introduced earlier), Draygon, Spore Spawn (maybe), Botwoon (maybe), Mother Brain

Version 2.7: Fusion Update - Metroid Fusion content update
~We'll cross this road when we get here.

Keep in mind that this lists tentative and WIP stuff, so it may not represent final decisions. And I also left out minor updates that could add things such as Space Pirate invasions, and other tweaks or small content additions. (These updates would be listed as "2.1.x" or what-have-you.)

I'll gonna follow this mod, becasue of new mechanics for sandbox.

And a quick question: Will this mod have compatibility, like with Calamity, Thorium, and/or etc...?
90% of the time, tModLoader mods are compatible with one another, so obviously yes.

Now, a better question would be: will this mod have post-Moonlord content on par with Calamity/Thorium/etc?
Answer: Not right away, but maybe at some point in the future. I've been toying with the idea of a "Calamity/Thorium Patch" that does just that for this mod.

90% of the time, tModLoader mods are compatible with one another, so obviously yes.

Now, a better question would be: will this mod have post-Moonlord content on par with Calamity/Thorium/etc?
Answer: Not right away, but maybe at some point in the future. I've been toying with the idea of a "Calamity/Thorium Patch" that does just that for this mod.

(My bad for late reply & bad english)
Ok, thx for the answer, gonna wait for release.
And anyway, another quick question: When I should expect this mod for release? Like somewhere March-May, maybe?

(My bad for late reply & bad english)
Ok, thx for the answer, gonna wait for release.
And anyway, another quick question: When I should expect this mod for release? Like somewhere March-May, maybe?
All I can say is it'll release this year (2019). I can't specify exactly when this year, due to my real life being a bit chaotic every once in awhile.

so strange to see a metroid mod for terraria is superior to a metroid mod for starbound..............how does that work?

Anyway, keep up the great work scoots

Edit: also, i saw that you managed to get rid of the boss bar from the mod you used in order to have a metroid styled hud. How did you do that?

so strange to see a metroid mod for terraria is superior to a metroid mod for starbound..............how does that work?

Anyway, keep up the great work scoots

Edit: also, i saw that you managed to get rid of the boss bar from the mod you used in order to have a metroid styled hud. How did you do that?
if your talking about the hud on the omega pirate video then read post #1172

I just saw some post about energy tanks as a "additional health point".

What about just disable player's regen, and make health being replenished ONLY by health drops (these hearts, replenishing 20 HP per one) and some kind of charger, but with CD (Chozo Statue from Zero Mission and/or Normal Charger from Fusion), and delete ability to use Health Porions?
It would dring some hardcore (like Revengeance Mode from Calamity), but will be more closer to original Metroid, which I like more.

And more about Energy Tanks, they can be just used as a alternative Heart Crystals, without combining them. I saw one mod with Heart fish, acting LITERALLY like a Heart Crystal, so what about that not-so-tricky thing?

I just saw some post about energy tanks as a "additional health point".

What about just disable player's regen, and make health being replenished ONLY by health drops (these hearts, replenishing 20 HP per one) and some kind of charger, but with CD (Chozo Statue from Zero Mission and/or Normal Charger from Fusion), and delete ability to use Health Porions?
It would dring some hardcore (like Revengeance Mode from Calamity), but will be more closer to original Metroid, which I like more.

And more about Energy Tanks, they can be just used as a alternative Heart Crystals, without combining them. I saw one mod with Heart fish, acting LITERALLY like a Heart Crystal, so what about that not-so-tricky thing?
Your ideas are interesting, but I have no plans on revamping vanilla Terraria's core mechanics with this mod. Plus it's already set in stone that Energy Tanks are only a crafting material used to create the first suit/starting items, and nothing more. We are, however, toying with the implementation of Reserve Tanks from Super Metroid, but nothing about them is quite finalized yet.

Your ideas are interesting, but I have no plans on revamping vanilla Terraria's core mechanics with this mod. Plus it's already set in stone that Energy Tanks are only a crafting material used to create the first suit/starting items, and nothing more. We are, however, toying with the implementation of Reserve Tanks from Super Metroid, but nothing about them is quite finalized yet.
Oh, ok then, I just suggested an idea, which could make possible way to make some maps with this mod. Well, anyway, GL with college, I hope you'll be good at the end on college :)
But after college you should take a rest, this mod is already looks good enough, you deserve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom