tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your bro sounds like a cool person.

also I started singing that song before I even read past "well" help i'm getting too good at predicting that

Hey Scooterboot9697, how are you doing? Is it going well?
I just viewed some of your youtube videos and it looks amazing. Hope it is not giving you to much troubles!
The mixing shot types and the bosses looks soooo good. They are just perfect, flawless mod I must say.

PD: I lost the signature to support your mod, maybe you can upload it again if you can. Hugz:passionate:

Hey Scooterboot9697, how are you doing? Is it going well?
I just viewed some of your youtube videos and it looks amazing. Hope it is not giving you to much troubles!
The mixing shot types and the bosses looks soooo good. They are just perfect, flawless mod I must say.

PD: I lost the signature to support your mod, maybe you can upload it again if you can. Hugz:passionate:

Honestly, I haven't done a single constructive thing all month. I don't know what it is, but I've been in a long procrastination streak (some of it is real life stuff, but also being addicted to video games I haven't played before, like Dark Souls 3). I actually planned to release a new video at the end of last month, but that obviously didn't happen.

However, I do want to jump back into the swing of things. The next video will preview new Charge Combos, and I want to do a voice over for it. The reason being is because I get a number of comments asking if the project is dead, so I want to openly address that it is not, plus multiple other things I want to clarify during said video.

Also, yeah, I can see that I definitely need to reupload my signature image. I'll get right on that. Edit: Check my signature for a new image.

Don't worry too much about it, it is normal to need a break from things, even when you didn't think about doing it first. Didn't play DS3, would like, I liked the second one.
Eager to see that new vid, and remember, do it at your own pace. The Charge Combos is something I liked about Prime series, especially MP2.
It is normal for people to ask if your project is dead or not, that make sense, they care after all, you have a good product here!

Thanks for reuploading the signature, I want to spread your content (that sounds gory...)
And look it as I do, maybe your comeback will be stronger, after that refresh time.
Thanks for having your time to answer and make us aware of the situation. That make following your progress easier for all us. (And less stressful, you know how is to wait whatever makes you happy, mods, games, cinema, books...whatever)
;):D

Hey scooter, I was just wondering how do you get the arm cannon to show up when it’s equipped. Do you have to make separate sprites so it follows the characters walking animation or only one sprite needed? I just want to know how because It’s just cool and it really adds a nice aesthetic to some armors.

Hey scooter, I was just wondering how do you get the arm cannon to show up when it’s equipped. Do you have to make separate sprites so it follows the characters walking animation or only one sprite needed? I just want to know how because It’s just cool and it really adds a nice aesthetic to some armors.
Way back in the tConfig version, it originally was a separate sprite/animation that followed the player's walk animation.
However, ever since tAPI and now tModLoader, it uses the same sprite as the item with a list of predetermined positional info so that it knows how to position the arm cannon on the player during specific frames.

Hey Great Khann, maybe WeaponOut mod would be of your interest. I really like how the arm cannon is visible all the time like in other many games (Skyrim for example)
WeaponOut With it, you can see your weapon/tool etc at all times.

It looks like it was yesterday when I played your mod with my brother in TConfig Scooterboot9697, time sure flyes. Back then the mod was awesome, but we had problems with the morph ball. When one used it the other seemed to use it aswell, hahahaha.:D sweet memories.

So, you know how there’s a pirate invasion? Well wait till you hear this.

A SPACE PIRATE INVASION!
Oh yes! So much yes to this!
Did you see the Phazon Pirate video of Scooterboot9697 youtube? It's just perfect, even the sounds fit perfectly.

PD: In my terraria head lore (with a wavebank that fits) the alien invasion are the Space Pirates 😂

How to animate with code?
I plan on making A sonic the hedgehog Mod
It's complicated. What you can do is join the tModLoader discord (link is on the tModLoader thread) and try and learn some basic or more advanced programming stuffs.
But if you're already well versed in C# programming, the pointers I can give you is that Kraid and Nightmare use simple animation methods (their arms follow simple patterns that I've coded in), whereas the Omega Pirate uses a full on animation skeleton (and his entire code file is over 3000 lines long, about over half of which is the animation code).

Skeleton?
How would I make the skeleton?
It's made out of code. And I mean a lot of code. And quite a bit of math.

There may be better methods, such as somehow integrating Spine animations, but none that I know of. (Spine isn't exactly free software anyway, and I don't think any mods exist that do integrate it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom