tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to this last final update, but at the same time, it worries me that this update may delay this mod even further. Already, was looking forward to march for this mod, didn't happen, scoots wanted to make this a great mod, thats fine. Great even. But this...this update makes me legit worry about this mod ever being released.

I'm looking forward to this last final update, but at the same time, it worries me that this update may delay this mod even further. Already, was looking forward to march for this mod, didn't happen, scoots wanted to make this a great mod, thats fine. Great even. But this...this update makes me legit worry about this mod ever being released.
indeed... thankfully there'll be a 1.3.5 backup so we can play this mod when it is eventually released

I know its rude to ask someone their weight but, how big is this mod?
Good question. I actually haven't taken the time to total everything up until now.

Currently, the mod contains:
-9 obtainable armor sets
-6 unobtainable armor sets (they are WIP/coming in later updates)
-15 vanity sets that are old sprite/ancient versions of the current armor sets
-4 boss masks
-6 weapons
--Power Beam and Missile Launcher have 18 and 17 different addons respectively
--(1 easter egg weapon)
-1 mount (Morph Ball)
-14 accessories
-and whatever other materials/misc items/etc I'm too lazy to list.

-7 bosses (Torizo, Serris, Kraid, Phantoon, Nightmare, Omega Pirate, Golden Torizo)
--Each boss counts as multiple NPCs
-36 mobs
-1 town NPC

-Many of the addons for the Power Beam and Missile Launcher are placeable/have a tile variant.
-Same goes for a lot of the accessories
-4 different door types (Hatches/classic Metroid shootable doors)
-naturally spawning Chozo Statues
-Save Station (functions as a bed)
-2 new ores (Chozite Ore, Phazon Ore)

And then there's a bunch of mechanic-features such as somersaulting and the addon system for the Power Beam, Missile Launcher, and Morph Ball. Plus I think this is one of the few mods to have more types of projectiles than items.

All in all, this mod is quite large. Not "Calamity"-large, mind you, but has a fair amount of content.

Will be there special dungeons with a boss and a upgrade for your suit at the end of it ?
And do you have in mind to add the End Boss Ridley like in the games ?

Will be there special dungeons with a boss and a upgrade for your suit at the end of it ?
Dungeons? Where did you get that idea from? Also he probably would\will add ridley but it might be a while. Do you know how long it takes to make a masterpiece AI like he does? I mean, phantoon (Edit: Meant Omega Pirate lol) alone was like 3,000 lines of code. So even if he never makes ridley I wouldn't be disappointed.

Last edited:
“-naturally spawning Chozo Statues”
Does this mean you’ll be able to find mod items by random generation?
Yes.
I mean, phantoon alone was like 3,000 lines of code.
Just a tiny clarification: Omega Pirate is over 3k lines of code. Phantoon is only a little over 600. Lol
For first release, there will be one early game dungeon (Chozo Ruins) which houses the Torizo. In later updates I plan to add other areas such as Kraid's and Ridley's lairs, and Tourian even later down the line.

I originally planned to have Ridley in the first release, but we decided to wait on him due to time constraints. He will be available in a later update.

Dungeons? Where did you get that idea from? Also he probably would\will add ridley but it might be a while. Do you know how long it takes to make a masterpiece AI like he does? I mean, phantoon alone was like 3,000 lines of code. So even if he never makes ridley I wouldn't be disappointed.
It was just a question with Ridley and I know that it takes a long time to code something like that. I don't wanted to say that he must do it or something. So I wouldn't be either disappointed when he decides that Ridley will not be implemented sooner or later.
And I got the idea "dungeons" from the Golem dungeon I was thinking in this direction of a dungeon.

Oh definitely. This mod is absolutely going to be its own content mod. As much as I love Thorium or Calamity, they are unworthy compared to this.

Why? Theming. Immersion is important. If there were a wave bank that is relevant during the playthrough, I'd be all over that as well.

So, question! What will the early game be like? How long will it be until we can construct a power suit? ... or find or craft the morph ball ability?

What will the Zero Suit Samus concept be like? ... if there is one. Immersion-wise, we'd start off as ZSS.

Oh definitely. This mod is absolutely going to be its own content mod. As much as I love Thorium or Calamity, they are unworthy compared to this.

Why? Theming. Immersion is important. If there were a wave bank that is relevant during the playthrough, I'd be all over that as well.

So, question! What will the early game be like? How long will it be until we can construct a power suit? ... or find or craft the morph ball ability?

What will the Zero Suit Samus concept be like? ... if there is one. Immersion-wise, we'd start off as ZSS.
Personally I’d rather just start with the powersuit, don’t want the beggining to be too Grindy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom