tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm guessing the Hunters content would be the respective weapons, armor and morph balls for the hunters? I think having their various Morphballs/Alt-Forms would be cool in most cases. No idea how you would handle Weavel's Half-Turret though.
It could be a sentry weapon or something similar. Actually I am fine with just aesthetics like vanity, but if we will have armors and some weapons of them, even the alt-morphballs... that could be insane.

PD: You know... I am more interested in the final updates, the Super and Fusion ones, they are my favourites of the franchise, and Prime 2

Edit: I feel your pain Eduardokirbyfun, the underground desert is awful now, I used to like it a lot, now is just a mess, and so few chest! I explored it and didnt find the new lance for example but 5 ocean shells! And the bricks in the dungeon... It was interesting like 5 mins, after that just painful.
I am a very music person, and I feel dizzy and sufocating the number of tracks it has now, it could be no problem if it not changes every 30 seconds in my base. Like hey is raining in the morning, now is afternoon with rain, now storm! Now just day and alt day... Nauseating, I feel my ears numb. And the worst is the "village theme" The volume of this track is so low compared with any other. And the one of the underground desert makes me overwhelmed.
I am eager to find the Mage and purchase some music boxes.
Dont know if others have this problem, I saw nothing about it anywhere.

Last edited:
It could be a sentry weapon or something similar. Actually I am fine with just aesthetics like vanity, but if we will have armors and some weapons of them, even the alt-morphballs... that could be insane.

PD: You know... I am more interested in the final updates, the Super and Fusion ones, they are my favourites of the franchise, and Prime 2

Edit: I feel your pain Eduardokirbyfun, the underground desert is awful now, I used to like it a lot, now is just a mess, and so few chest! I explored it and didnt find the new lance for example but 5 ocean shells! And the bricks in the dungeon... It was interesting like 5 mins, after that just painful.
I am a very music person, and I feel dizzy and sufocating the number of tracks it has now, it could be no problem if it not changes every 30 seconds in my base. Like hey is raining in the morning, now is afternoon with rain, now storm! Now just day and alt day... Nauseating, I feel my ears numb. And the worst is the "village theme" The volume of this track is so low compared with any other. And the one of the underground desert makes me overwhelmed.
I am eager to find the Mage and purchase some music boxes.
Dont know if others have this problem, I saw nothing about it anywhere.
Yeah, only way i think it could work since I don't believe it'd be viable to make it like the actual alt-form from the game where Weavel seperates from the suit's robotic legs and the legs turning into the turret while he can just keep moving around and attacking with his upper half.

All I can honestly say about Hunters content is:
We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Though I'm not trying to discourage ideas about it being thrown around. Lol

---
hype!!! 1.4 turned out to be better than i expected (still some questionable things, like how the underground desert freaking sucks now, and crumbling dungeon bricks are really annoying), but i will swap back to 1.3.5.3 when metroid mod releases... IF it comes out on 1.3
my question is, are you going to wait for tml to update for 1.4, or are you planning on releasing the mod for 1.3.5.3
Luckily, tModLoader for 1.3~ is available on Steam as a separate install. Though if I recall correctly, the tML devs said it would take possibly months before a 1.4 update will be available. So considering I'm trying to get the Metroid Mod out as soon as I can, yes, it will be released for 1.3.5.3.

All I can honestly say about Hunters content is:
We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Though I'm not trying to discourage ideas about it being thrown around. Lol

---

Luckily, tModLoader for 1.3~ is available on Steam as a separate install. Though if I recall correctly, the tML devs said it would take possibly months before a 1.4 update will be available. So considering I'm trying to get the Metroid Mod out as soon as I can, yes, it will be released for 1.3.5.3.

One page ago, i saw the post about the prime content (about how the updates are going to be based on the separate titles in order) and a question popped in my mind about phazon equipment :

Since you mentioned a Prime 3: Corruption, does that mean you plan to add thing like the phazon grapple beam, phazon morphball (like an addon that triggers when taking damage in ball mode for example), phazon missile addon?, or is it going to be part of an hyper mode? would that hypermode (if there would be) be an accessory, an armor ability or a permanent feature that a character would gain? (like eating a life fruit)

There are like 3 versions of the phazon beam, how do you plan to implement it? are they going to be separate items, upgrades of an addon (like for ex. phazon beam prototype, testing ver., ultimate) , or part of an hypermode?

One page ago, i saw the post about the prime content (about how the updates are going to be based on the separate titles in order) and a question popped in my mind about phazon equipment :

Since you mentioned a Prime 3: Corruption, does that mean you plan to add thing like the phazon grapple beam, phazon morphball (like an addon that triggers when taking damage in ball mode for example), phazon missile addon?, or is it going to be part of an hyper mode? would that hypermode (if there would be) be an accessory, an armor ability or a permanent feature that a character would gain? (like eating a life fruit)

There are like 3 versions of the phazon beam, how do you plan to implement it? are they going to be separate items, upgrades of an addon (like for ex. phazon beam prototype, testing ver., ultimate) , or part of an hypermode?
For my current plans, the 3 different variants of the Phazon Beam will be separate items. The Prime 1 and 2 variants will be separate Power Beam addons (one transforms the beam so that it fires a large spread of Phazon, and the other adds an extra charge layer that adds Phazon damage).

Whereas for the Prime 3 variant, the PED suit (plus variations of it) will allow the player to enter Hypermode, which also transforms the Power Beam in addition to granting added Phazon damage to all other weapons (akin to vanilla Terraria's flask buffs), but without the need for its own Power Beam addon. Hypermode will also affect the Missile Launcher and Morph Ball as well. This Hypermode variant of the Phazon Beam may end up being the most powerful, however, Hypermode will cost health to use.

Though, it will be some time before these updates will hit, so it's entirely possible I'll have different ideas before actually making it.

As for the Phazon Grapple beam... or rather Prime 3's Grapple lasso mechanics in general, playing with the newly added whips in Terraria 1.4 has given me varying degrees of inspiration, though I've yet to form any solid ideas.

Last edited:
wait a second whips?
man ive been avoiding 1.4 specifically for the metroid mod
and then they add in my favorite type of weapon o_O
grapple lasso is going to be sick

oh and in terms of the hunters weapons and armor
i dont think theres anything inparticuler that wouldnt translate directly into terraria
the alt forms are going to be the hard part (in particuler the stinglarvas physics affected tail sections)
just remember that each hunter had a special effect when they had their weapon
like trace going invisible when standing still when he had the imperialist and the magmaul dealing more damage if spire is using it

Hello there guys.
Scotterboot, I can't remember if you did the Wavebank personally but I guessed you could need the new 1.4 Track List so here we go.
I put it in spoiler because some tracks have delicate information in their names:
1. Overworld Night

2. Eerie (Meteor/Blood Moon)

3. Overworld Day

4. Boss 1 (Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds, Skeletron, King Slime, Skeletron Prime)

5. Title Screen (Old)

6. Jungle

7. Corruption

8. Hallow

9. Underground Corruption

10. Underground Hallow

11. Boss 2 (Wall of Flesh, The Twins)

12. Underground

13. Boss 3 (Brain of Cthulhu, The Destroyer)

14. Snow

15. Space (Old)

16. Crimson

17. Boss 4 (Queen Bee)

18. Alternate Overworld Day

19. Rain

20. Underground Snow

21. Desert

22. Ocean

23. Dungeon

24. Plantera

25. Boss 5 (Queen Bee)

26. Temple

27. Eclipse

28. Rain Ambience

29. Mushrooms

30. Pumpkin Moon

31. Alternate Underground

32. Frost Moon

33. Underground Crimson

34. Lunar Event

35. Pirate Invasion

36. Hell

37. Martian Madness

38. Moon Lord

39. Goblin Invasion

40. Sandstorm

41. Old One's Army

-- New Tracks --

42. Space Day (originally console space theme)

43. Ocean Night (originally console ocean theme)

44. Wind Event

45. Wind Ambience

46. Town Day

47. Town Night

48. Slime Rain

49. Overworld Day (Contest Remix)

50. Title Screen (w/ startup intro)

51. Title Screen

52. Thunderstorm (Rain + Wind)

53. Graveyard

54. Underground Jungle

55. Jungle Night

56. Queen Slime

57. Empress Of Light

58. Duke Fishron

59. Morning Rain (originally console tutorial theme)

60. Console Title Theme (Plays when you enter 05162020 as the seed)

61. Underground Desert

-- From Terraria: Otherworld. All of these songs are from the Party Girl 05162020 Easter Egg. --

62. Rain

63. Forest Day

64. Forest Night

65. Main Theme (underground)

66. Desert

67. Ocean

68. Crystal Caves (Mushrooms)

69. Dungeon

70. Space

71. Underworld

72. Arctic (Snow)

73. Corruption

74. Underground Corruption

75. Crimson

76. Underground Crimson

77. Ice

78. Underground Hallow

79. Eerie

80. Boss 1

81. Boss 2

82. Invasion

83. Towers

84. Lunar Boss (Moon Lord)

85. Plantera

86. Jungle

87. Wall Of Flesh

88. Hallow

There are two jungle tracks (6,55) but don't know why, maybe one is the night one.

Edit: It is, the 55 is the Night one of the Jungles.

There are some that are part of an easter egg, I explain it in another spoiler.
If you make a world with the seeds "05162020"or "5162020", go to this new world and speak with the party girl NPC, you will unlock an alternate soundtrack. You can alternate between both as you wish talking with her in any world after this.

The Track List was provided by SuicidingPrinny

The source: SuicidingPrinny Thread

Good day guys ;)<3

Last edited:
Hewwo. new to the forums. but just wanted to ask. will there be a texture pack too eventually, or just the mod? Mod is looking good btw.

When can we get new pics? tiny pic is gone
Maybe you are interested in some videos of this mod.

This is astonishing, how Scooter made the Samus's weapon grow and mutate as you wish/need through your adventure. Can't imagine the headaches he may suffered with this feature alone.

The Omega Pirate is an interesting foe, and Scooter made it possible in Terraria with almost 3000 lines of code! Fine thing, indeed. If you are silent, maybe you hear them sing along. Even make me sad for killing the damn thing.

Nightmare is one of my favourites, Fusion was my first Metroid game. Scooter made it more awesome with some additions like a long laser attack. And look its gravity device! He made it an :red:, like I remember it!

Outstanding, marvelous, jaw dropping, a natural panacea.
This mod... my guts.... this mod >_<♡

There are more there, in Scooterboot channel. Go and see them, they are awesome.

Cant put an interactive link because I am writting from my phone.

Hope you enjoy them, hugs friend.
n_< ♡

PD: Welcome Revnova, nice to have more Metroid fans here. If I can do anything to help you, here I am.

question
will this mod have separate music for events/areas/bosses or will you rely on the custom soundbank to supply those?
i ask cause im not too fond of using a custom soundbank

Hewwo. new to the forums. but just wanted to ask. will there be a texture pack too eventually, or just the mod? Mod is looking good btw.
Just the mod. The idea of making a texture pack has crossed my mind, though I've little free time to make something like that.
When can we get new pics? tiny pic is gone
Since the images are for an older, now-unplayable version of the mod, I haven't seen the need reupload them. At least, not until I release the new version (assuming I keep using this current thread and not just make a brand new one).
I recommend you check out my YouTube if you want to see what stuff looks like, as giras said.
question
will this mod have separate music for events/areas/bosses or will you rely on the custom soundbank to supply those?
i ask cause im not too fond of using a custom soundbank
All bosses use custom music that comes with the mod. A custom wavebank will not be required.

Speaking of which, I've been wanting "Terraria-style" remixes of Metroid music, and we did have someone on the team who was trying to do that (he made the Kraid battle remix you hear in the video, though it's not quite "Terraria-style"), and he was working on a Nightmare remix, but vanished before he finished.

Just the mod. The idea of making a texture pack has crossed my mind, though I've little free time to make something like that.

Since the images are for an older, now-unplayable version of the mod, I haven't seen the need reupload them. At least, not until I release the new version (assuming I keep using this current thread and not just make a brand new one).
I recommend you check out my YouTube if you want to see what stuff looks like, as giras said.

All bosses use custom music that comes with the mod. A custom wavebank will not be required.

Speaking of which, I've been wanting "Terraria-style" remixes of Metroid music, and we did have someone on the team who was trying to do that (he made the Kraid battle remix you hear in the video, though it's not quite "Terraria-style"), and he was working on a Nightmare remix, but vanished before he finished.
How sounds more like terraria style? Like a chiptune of Metroid or something like that? Or retro+ambient?

Speaking of ambient music, I love Abe Exoddus OST it fits perfectly the game.

Sad that person vanished before did some tracks, hope is doing well and is ok.

Let's say I did know someone who was familar with music production. What songs would need to be done? Could you give one example?

I think the one thing I noticed about the charge beam in its current build is that it locks the power beams fire rate to a fixed usage. Taking it off means the firerate limiter is gone, letting you spam the shots more frequently and it has gave me an idea.

Will there be accessories to help reduce power beam cooldown time or an option to charge up the power beam faster?

Out of curiosity is the defense values still the same as the old version of this mod? I'm curious cause I wanna keep using the power suit and all its forms into late moon lord (or post depending on mods).

Like if we put the armor into vanity will all the items still work like morphball? Or will there be a way to increase defensive values?

Let's say I did know someone who was familar with music production. What songs would need to be done? Could you give one example?
Eh, I might as well share the entire song list:
Serris theme (custom remix)
Kraid/Phantoon theme (custom remix)
Ridley theme (custom remix) - (Ridley is not implemented)

Torizo theme ("Cave Dweller" remix of Ridley's theme)
Omega Pirate (original)
Nightmare (original)
I think the one thing I noticed about the charge beam in its current build is that it locks the power beams fire rate to a fixed usage. Taking it off means the firerate limiter is gone, letting you spam the shots more frequently and it has gave me an idea.

Will there be accessories to help reduce power beam cooldown time or an option to charge up the power beam faster?
Uhhh, you must be mistaken. The firerate of the Power Beam is the same with or without Charge. The only difference is no Charge = auto fire. If you time your clicks correctly, you can fire just as fast with Charge as without Charge. I've made sure the code works as such, and I've tested it myself, unless I'm somehow mistaken.

As for accessories, I've toyed with a few ideas, such as a "cooling unit" that, when equipped, either decreases overheat usage or increases the rate at which the overheat meter cools down. But those kinds of accessories will probably come in later updates. I may do something for firerate and/or damage as well, though I need to make sure it's balanced.
Out of curiosity is the defense values still the same as the old version of this mod? I'm curious cause I wanna keep using the power suit and all its forms into late moon lord (or post depending on mods).

Like if we put the armor into vanity will all the items still work like morphball? Or will there be a way to increase defensive values?
In comparison to the tAPI version, all armor sets have effectively received a defense buff. And yes, things like the Power Beam and Morph Ball can technically still be used independently of the armor sets.

However, in this new update, most of the content will use its own damage class, called "Hunter" damage, rather than piggyback off of vanilla Terraria's ranged damage class. So, most of your damage will come from the suits themselves (along with the whole overheat mechanic).
so, what exactly is left? or is it just cleaning it up, and making sure that it's stable?
A lot of last minute tweaks or fixes that we've been putting off, mostly. A lot of it was placeholder recipes and other progression stoppers that have since been fleshed out.

Speaking of which... oh boy, I'm hoping to release the mod this week. (Edit: Well, that clearly didn't happen)
I think we're actually pretty damn close now. At the very least, this time for sure, a release will happen this month.
If it doesn't, you all have every right to scream at me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom