tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of last minute tweaks or fixes that we've been putting off, mostly. A lot of it was placeholder recipes and other progression stoppers that have since been fleshed out.

Speaking of which... oh boy, I'm hoping to release the mod this week.
I think we're actually pretty damn close now. At the very least, this time for sure, a release will happen this month.
If it doesn't, you all have every right to scream at me.

SWEET!!! I'm one of the few people who have loved this mod, and been following it since the 1.1.2 days, and still love it. sadly, I never got into modded 1.2.x, so, I haven't had a chance to use it since 1.1.2. probably part of why I seem to be more anxious for the update. I haven't used it in like 6-8 years

Keep up the good work

Eh, I might as well share the entire song list:
Serris theme (custom remix)
Kraid/Phantoon theme (custom remix)
Ridley theme (custom remix) - (Ridley is not implemented)

Torizo theme ("Cave Dweller" remix of Ridley's theme)
Omega Pirate (original)
Nightmare (original)

Uhhh, you must be mistaken. The firerate of the Power Beam is the same with or without Charge. The only difference is no Charge = auto fire. If you time your clicks correctly, you can fire just as fast with Charge as without Charge. I've made sure the code works as such, and I've tested it myself, unless I'm somehow mistaken.

As for accessories, I've toyed with a few ideas, such as a "cooling unit" that, when equipped, either decreases overheat usage or increases the rate at which the overheat meter cools down. But those kinds of accessories will probably come in later updates. I may do something for firerate and/or damage as well, though I need to make sure it's balanced.

In comparison to the tAPI version, all armor sets have effectively received a defense buff. And yes, things like the Power Beam and Morph Ball can technically still be used independently of the armor sets.

However, in this new update, most of the content will use its own damage class, called "Hunter" damage, rather than piggyback off of vanilla Terraria's ranged damage class. So, most of your damage will come from the suits themselves (along with the whole overheat mechanic).

A lot of last minute tweaks or fixes that we've been putting off, mostly. A lot of it was placeholder recipes and other progression stoppers that have since been fleshed out.

I think we're actually pretty damn close now. At the very least, this time for sure, a release will happen this month.
Can I scream at you BECAUSE you are releasing it?
^_^ ♡

Exciting! I've been following this mod since... I'd say around it's first inception? I dunno it's been awhile. Haven't played any version of it quite yet but this feels like the time to do it. As a die-hard Metroid fan and fairly avid Terraria player, I'm looking forward to it's release!
Oh that and this mod finally made me register to the forums so... GG. <3

So... no Fusion suit? Its ugly, I know, but I really like Metroid Fusion...

Anyways, this mod looks really good and I'm going to download when released.
It seems Scooter will release a few updates in the future, Fusion being one of them. Maybe we will see it then.

Very welcome Dissy n_< ♡

Uhhh, you must be mistaken. The firerate of the Power Beam is the same with or without Charge. The only difference is no Charge = auto fire. If you time your clicks correctly, you can fire just as fast with Charge as without Charge. I've made sure the code works as such, and I've tested it myself, unless I'm somehow mistaken.

As for accessories, I've toyed with a few ideas, such as a "cooling unit" that, when equipped, either decreases overheat usage or increases the rate at which the overheat meter cools down. But those kinds of accessories will probably come in later updates. I may do something for firerate and/or damage as well, though I need to make sure it's balanced.
Really? Hmm, I can stand to be corrected because I haven't tested terraria with it as a solo mod with the charge beam but the reason why I bring that up was using other mods that increased 'Use Speed'. I'll probably have to try it again sometime later without those on.

Also, I like the concept of a cooling unit so looking forward to that

Finally though, the public builds gonna be lovely to see and I have a certain bias when it comes to reading patch notes.

I always wondered why using or charging the ice beam would require watching one's heat meter. Then again, I'm not the sharpest cookie in the tin. Even the outside of your refrigerator's cooling unit can get hot with the amount of work it puts in to circulating coolth.

Coolth is a word now. Fite me.

Hyyyyyype! <3 Good luck, Scooter! Much love!

So I'm confused about one thing about this, is this thread gonna update to the new mod browser use? Like the tag changed to tmodloader instead tapi, or is a new thread gonna be made?

Yeah, Scooterboot shouldn't change it. He will just probably change 'tApi' flare to 'tModloader'
I prefer to stay in this thread, it has history. And we can still see the tApi info, that gives charm to the future release. Imagine it as I do, both here, to see the diferences and still reach each version, visually and all the comments. If Scooterboot do another thread, this one will sink to the bottom and that is a shame.

I'm curious. When balancing the mod, was it balanced and tested on Expert mode? How do you think the mod will function on other difficulties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom