tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scooterboot, is there any sentry weapon in the mod? Like some Metroid prime kinda turret or maybe some stationary enemy that works now for you, like a Phantoon one? Or any summoner staff, like a Mini Serris staff or whatever? Any pets?
I am weak for any summon in any game, and Terraria has me covered in those with staffs, sentries and pets.

There are lots of enemies that could work, like the puffos or the robots from the crashed ship from Super Metroid, a Zebes Pirate?, the wasps from Fusion, the magma seahorse from SM.... lots!

unnamed (2).jpg

Some of them.

The Fusion piranhas (their evolution caused by X parasite could work really nice now in the 1.4, like the tiger staff) and the wall snakes bring me so much memories. Like the SM ones, the shrimp, or the crabs, love them all.
If it is a worm like summon, it could do like the stardust dragon getting more and more segments.
Hugs and have a nice day guys/gals
n_< ♡

PD: Do you guys are fond on any of them? I mean from any game.
From Bosses, I love Serris, Nightmare, Robot B.O.X, SA-X and Omega from Fusion, Alpha Blogg(MP2), Quadraxis(MP2), grapple guardian(MP2), and of course the classics, mother brain, ridley and kraid. Oh and I have a soft spot for Crocomire, pity thing. My heart broke every time.

PPD: You know... forget it, I said nothing about bosses.... Love them all, can't help myself. Even that ugly mutant shrimp (Draygon) from SM, love that thing and the grapple beam trick.
>___<U

Last edited:
since scooterboot said that the mod will guaranteed be released this month, I'm starting to get anxious tbh. 2 days left. and, nothing from him yet about it

Besides, at least when the mod is out, it'll help tide the pain of waiting for metroid prime 4 news.
But can't be as bad as waiting for Bayonetta 3 news.

So... I think giving an estimated release timeframe was a mistake, as I feel I've given unnecessary hype on something I may not be able to deliver as soon as I thought. I mean, I was feeling really confident, or overconfident really, about how close to completion it is. And don't get me wrong, we are at the 90% mark of how close we are, but I underestimated that last 10%. Of course, the total "100%" I'm aiming for isn't even a real "100%" since the first release may be considered an open beta version. But my point is I want to release something that is at least fun, however recent testing has revealed some balance issues that may take that fun away, coupled with some multiplayer instability that I'm hoping to fix as well.

The short of it is this: No, there won't be a release this month. You all have every right to scream at me, not because I didn't release on time, but because I made the mistake of promising an unrealistic release timeframe.

---
Cut him some slack, as far as I remember he works on the mod alone. The mod will be done when it's done, I'm sure Scooter works on it as much as he can to please his fans.
I actually have a small group of people helping me. Though some of them have their own projects and real life, so though I don't consistently have help, I'm not working on this alone.
He also mentioned that the enemy spawn conditions or something weren't in place, and had been forgotten about, so that will take a while I'll bet.
Yeah, this is actually one of the balance issues. Not only do the enemies tend to teleport in multiplayer, their spawn rates need to be more carefully adjusted.

Last edited:
So... I think giving an estimated release timeframe was a mistake, as I feel I've given unnecessary hype on something I may not be able to deliver as soon as I thought. I mean, I was feeling really confident, or overconfident really, about how close to completion it is. And don't get me wrong, we are at the 90% mark of how close we are, but I underestimated that last 10%. Of course, the total "100%" I'm aiming for isn't even a real "100%" since the first release may be considered an open beta version. But my point is I want to release something that is at least fun, however recent testing has revealed some balance issues that may take that fun away, coupled with some multiplayer instability that I'm hoping to fix as well.

The short of it is this: No, there won't be a release this month. You all have every right to scream at me, not because I didn't release on time, but because I made the mistake of promising an unrealistic release timeframe.

---

I actually have a small group of people helping me. Though some of them have their own projects and real life, so though I don't consistently have help, I'm not working on this alone.
Yeah, this is actually one of the balance issues. Not only do the enemies tend to teleport in multiplayer, their spawn rates need to be more carefully adjusted.
It's ok, we understand. Work on it as much as you need to.

---

That's more than okay, take your time. Funnily enough, you mentioning being at the 90% mark reminds me of the 90-90 rule:
"The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time."

So just take your time, we've been patient so far, there's no reason we can't be until the actual release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom