tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, are the bosses both in pre hard mode and hard mode or just one of those? will there be a possible post moon lord, like Super Metroid mother brain or Metroid prime?

So Scooter, How's development going?
Sluggish, but still going. Real life decided to throw a curve ball at me recently, but I'm managing.
Out of curiosity, are the bosses both in pre hard mode and hard mode or just one of those? will there be a possible post moon lord, like Super Metroid mother brain or Metroid prime?
Currently, there's 2 pre-hardmode bosses (Torizo, Serris), 2 hardmode bosses (Kraid, Phantoon), and 3 post-plantera bosses (Nightmare, Omega Pirate, Golden Torizo).
End bosses such as Metroid Prime and Mother Brain are planned for future updates, and will be Moonlord/post-Moonlord tier.

I can't wait, the hype is immense. Terraria has gotten a bit stale for me, a new mod like this would be incredible. I know it's gonna be great, I played it on September of 2018 and I had a blast. The only problems were progression and the fact it was 1.2, but both of these issues are being fixed in the update/port.

Hey,uh could i have this mods tconfig version updated to the latest tconfig? i use tconfig so i can play old mods and the tconfig version i have dosent support this mod. i got this mod from a terraria mod archive but it had no source folder so could i have a updated version of the tconfig metroid mod?

Hey,uh could i have this mods tconfig version updated to the latest tconfig? i use tconfig so i can play old mods and the tconfig version i have dosent support this mod. i got this mod from a terraria mod archive but it had no source folder so could i have a updated version of the tconfig metroid mod?
This mod is being updated to tModLoader, there is no point in updating to to the latest tConfig.

Can't remember what the latest tConfig version was, but here is the tConfig version of the Metroid Mod (source code). It also contains an experimental beam combination feature that was never previously released for tConfig, so have fun with that.

If it gives you compiling issues, I'm not sure if I can help, as it's been ages since I worked on it.

i've been mostly excited for the power beam system but then i remembered that this mod has accessories after playing metroid zero mission and looking at the cool upgrades and now i dont know what i'm more excited for.

a few questions though:
1. will there be enough accessories to occupy 5 slots by the end game? (oddly specific question, i know but i really dont wanna use vanilla gear when i can use really cool metroid power ups)

2. how would screw attack work so its good for the entire game?
maybe it could deal some damage and it could execute enemies below a certain percent health threshold (so its useful for all points of the game)

Last edited:
Well, those were very old anyways.
You can see Scooterboot9697 youtube videos. That way you could make a precise idea of the mod. They are awesome, cant recomend them enough.
n_< b

Oh. My. God. PLEASE tell me the rest of the Lunar suits are coming too! It'd be so cool to, for example, wear the Nebula Suit while also using the Nebula Beam! Personally, I'm going Solar!

Idea:Queen Metroid's lair
A large randomly generated structure.
pre hardmode enemies:Alpha metroid:120 health and uses its spider legs to fend off attackers
Metroid Egg:10 health and hatches into a normal metroid if not killed in a few secs
Gamma Metroid:200 health and is a stronger version of alpha metroid.
Zeta Metroid:pre-Skeletron boss enemy. 3000 health and can fire plasma projectiles.
Hardmode Enemies:
Phazon Metroid:300 health and shoots phazon beams. After Omega Pirate is defeated they have a chance to drop phazon items.
Evolved Alpha metroid:200 health and can shoot plasma blasts.
Evolved Gamma Metroid:400 health and can shoot plasma blasts.
Omega Metroid:post WOF pre-mech boss. 10000 health and can jump,shoot plasma beams,summon evolved alpha metroids,and launch beams of fire.
Queen Metroid:post:plantera boss. 50000 health and a custom-made arena. She can create fire beams,summon evolved alpha and gamma metroids,shoot acidic bubbles,and shoot plasma beams.

i remember like two years ago when i first found out about this mod i wrote like 3 paragraphs about an idea i had about a metroid pet that would attack enemies and man
I was going quite a bit overboard on that suggestion
EDIT: turns out the suggestion was made on september 17th, 2017. i dont think its a coincidence i remembered about that idea ON THE EXACT SAME DAY IT WAS MADE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom