tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, i was wondering if you plan to input fan ideas into your mod? You know, like a phazon whip or something.
I want to kindly say no to fan ideas like that. As they may make the mod feel... off...

Umm Dungeon Guardians can be frozen, just thought you should know.
0.o

Thanks for the bug report again. I never suspected that bug...
Easy fix.

But anyway's, the charge system seems a good replacement than having to use megick for space guns.
:confused:
Either you've misread my previous posts, or I'm just misreading yours...
I said I was going to add like an "overheat" system to the beams.
Basically, there would be an extra meter under the charge meter, which would fill up the more you fired the beam, and once it reached max, you'd have decreased fire rate, or you could wait until it cooled back down to have full fire rate again...

Unless you meant to do it, I found another bug XD. You can equip both the Speed Booster and the Space Booster and can benefit from both of them. If you jump, you jump insanely far ( two whole screens worth of distance). Also while boosting and somersaulting, I was shooting and some Beam Cannon sprites started flying around in random directions.

Unless you meant to do it, I found another bug XD. You can equip both the Speed Booster and the Space Booster and can benefit from both of them. If you jump, you jump insanely far ( two whole screens worth of distance). Also while boosting and somersaulting, I was shooting and some Beam Cannon sprites started flying around in random directions.
Well, the first bug was definitely unintentional, as for the second...

The beams fly out under the conditions:
You have a trail effect,
You're somersaulting,
You fire the Power Beam.

It's only a graphical bug, but I have yet to find a fix for it. It puzzles me...

I have a suggestion, how about rarely at night you can find larval metroids that you can catch in a bugnet and combine with some wire a terrarium, and some iron/lead to make the containment cell of the metroid from super metroid? Or combine it with just a terrarium for a cute metroid in a cage!

I have a suggestion, how about rarely at night you can find larval metroids that you can catch in a bugnet and combine with some wire a terrarium, and some iron/lead to make the containment cell of the metroid from super metroid? Or combine it with just a terrarium for a cute metroid in a cage!
Hmm. Sounds like a good idea.
Or possibly, you can use your newly trapped baby Metroid as a vanity pet. q:
I'll definitely consider it.

Reactions: Azu
You still have the bunch of enemies from the metroid series to choose from.
Indeed I do.
Although, right now I'm primarily focusing on items and game mechanics. When the time comes, I'll start adding new NPCs in a sort of immersive way...

I have so many ideas, that my mod might become an overhaul mod, if I'm not careful. Hehe. :)

Reactions: Azu
Y'know what would be a good idea? Making the Nova laser able to mine/chop using addons.
It would make the Nova laser kinda OP, i guess, ranged mining and all, and we already have the Morph Ball's mining ability, but hey, it's just a suggestion.

BTW, your mod is great, 10/10

Why do people keep suggesting no mana cost for things?
Because you can shoot continuously for hours in any metroid game but prime hunters, anything else with a metroid beam will seem weird.
Edit: Just tried the mod, the new missile, beam, and space-jump systems are amazing! binbo02preview-1050x700.jpg

Last edited:
Is the mod multiplayer?
No, and it probably won't be for a long while... :merchantsigh:

Y'know what would be a good idea? Making the Nova laser able to mine/chop using addons.
It would make the Nova laser kinda OP, i guess, ranged mining and all, and we already have the Morph Ball's mining ability, but hey, it's just a suggestion.

BTW, your mod is great, 10/10
While it is a very interesting suggestion, I actually don't want to try to implement it, because making the addon system for the Power Beam and Missile Launcher had its difficulties. I kinda don't wanna go through it again. :confused:

Because you can shoot continuously for hours in any metroid game but prime hunters, anything else with a metroid beam will seem weird.
Edit: Just tried the mod, the new missile, beam, and space-jump systems are amazing!View attachment 46393
I'm glad you like the mod.

And I can't really have players firing constantly without some sort of cost and still have it balanced for Terraria. While this is a Metroid Mod, it's not a Metroid game, and Metroid games usually have their own way of everything being balanced, whereas in Terraria, a lot of things work differently. I have to compromise...

I found a problem, the missile launcher can be made with a musket, but not the undertaker, so it cannot be obtained on a crimson world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom