tAPI [WIP][Released]Terramineral - All about world generation

I think that would be useful, as for them possibly destroying buildings, people don't HAVE to use the item.

Good input! I might add that to the ores, or make them seperate. Not sure.
[DOUBLEPOST=1430160934,1430160863][/DOUBLEPOST]
This mod is amazing !
I have a few questions about the Dweller Citadel. Do you need to write code for each block to generate in such pattern, or do you make a template of the building and then write the code for it to generate ?

Well, I use for loops to generate the blocks, after killing the tile first. I'd love to learn how I can make a template of it though! :D

Your mod seems really cool but when I first read it, I thought it was about having a way to generate vanilla pre-hardmode ores into the world. (Which I would love to see because sometimes tracking it all down can get rather annoying.) The other thought I had was about a Clentaminator styled solution to generating in ores, which although almost as cheesy as being able to craft stone-type tiles into ores at will, still requires some thoughtful building and aiming to fully optimize the output of ores.
Other then that, great mod. :)

I thought it was about having a way to generate vanilla pre-hardmode ores into the world. Clentaminator styled solution to generating in ores, which although almost as cheesy as being able to craft stone-type tiles into ores at will, still requires some thoughtful building and aiming to fully optimize the output of ores.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Which part of my mod are you talking about? :p
[DOUBLEPOST=1430244634,1430244489][/DOUBLEPOST]I have made a new poll on Strawpoll. It is EXTREMELY important that you vote, so that I know what to make. The problem with doing mods like this is that there's a limit to ideas. So it is very important that you vote!

The link to the strawpoll is here: http://strawpoll.me/4229435

The reason I am using a strawpoll is because it allows me to have multiple polls, so for example, if you say you want more buildings in the dweller citadel, I could ask what kind of things you'd want etc. etc.

Thanks!

-TheGamonBoffon

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Which part of my mod are you talking about? :p
[DOUBLEPOST=1430244634,1430244489][/DOUBLEPOST]I have made a new poll on Strawpoll. It is EXTREMELY important that you vote, so that I know what to make. The problem with doing mods like this is that there's a limit to ideas. So it is very important that you vote!

The link to the strawpoll is here: http://strawpoll.me/4229435

The reason I am using a strawpoll is because it allows me to have multiple polls, so for example, if you say you want more buildings in the dweller citadel, I could ask what kind of things you'd want etc. etc.

Thanks!

-TheGamonBoffon
I think it would be cool to have some sort of sky structure, but apparently thats just me

TheGamingBoffin that would be cool ( UFO ), but I think it should spawn after doing something like a chance of spawning only 1 after any meteorites falled

here is why i think u should add new blocks spawning like a part of the world

So why would u make new blocks spawning?

1. U can make them some new blocks for cooler buildings etc.
2. The regular world of terraria is really not that bad but in my opinion it needs - new types of trees, maybe a new biomes? I mean u look like u are in fact talented in world gen or maybe It's just me again 'cause sometimes im weird but I really like the mod

btw. can u make the banner smaller? :p just a suggestion

TheGamingBoffin that would be cool ( UFO ), but I think it should spawn after doing something like a chance of spawning only 1 after any meteorites falled

here is why i think u should add new blocks spawning like a part of the world

So why would u make new blocks spawning?

1. U can make them some new blocks for cooler buildings etc.
2. The regular world of terraria is really not that bad but in my opinion it needs - new types of trees, maybe a new biomes? I mean u look like u are in fact talented in world gen or maybe It's just me again 'cause sometimes im weird but I really like the mod

btw. can u make the banner smaller? :p just a suggestion

Thanks for the suggestions (and for saying I'm talented in World gen :p) !

I was going to make it like the meteor, where there is a chance for it to spawn every day. The blocks idea was something I was going to implement, by... well... googling cool brick types etc. :p

Trees, from what I know, depend on the block they are on, so the biomes *could* be possible, though I'm not sure how to convert a tree when the block beneath it is replaced. I could research into it though. :D

And I'll make a second size for the banner, a smaller one, thanks for letting me know it was too big :)

Thanks for the suggestions (and for saying I'm talented in World gen :p) !

I was going to make it like the meteor, where there is a chance for it to spawn every day. The blocks idea was something I was going to implement, by... well... googling cool brick types etc. :p

Trees, from what I know, depend on the block they are on, so the biomes *could* be possible, though I'm not sure how to convert a tree when the block beneath it is replaced. I could research into it though. :D

And I'll make a second size for the banner, a smaller one, thanks for letting me know it was too big :)

U could ask blahblahbah, he's working on Exxo Avalon and in Exxo Avalon there's a biome that replaces corruption/crimson or u could download the exxo avalon in beta and check it I'm sure u could find SOMETHING there :p

btw. thx for replying :p

So... it's been a while.

The "secret dungeon" is still in the works, it was intended to be a dungeon, so there will have to be NPCs, but I'm struggling with the random generation. Hopefully, it doesn't become overwhelmingly difficult. If you'd like to help, I would be happy with any donations of sprites for some NPCs, if you want to help me make one, something dungeon like (helpful) but also quite small (max player size) would be awesome! :D

Thanks for the kind words about my mod, you're awesome!

-BoffinGamingThe

So... it's been a while.

The "secret dungeon" is still in the works, it was intended to be a dungeon, so there will have to be NPCs, but I'm struggling with the random generation. Hopefully, it doesn't become overwhelmingly difficult. If you'd like to help, I would be happy with any donations of sprites for some NPCs, if you want to help me make one, something dungeon like (helpful) but also quite small (max player size) would be awesome! :D

Thanks for the kind words about my mod, you're awesome!

-BoffinGamingThe
I would be glad to help with NPC sprites, anything in particular you would like?

This is a really cool mod; adding what we all like about terraria and that's exploring new things.
I'm looking forward to it! :happy:

So... the new thing is done. Now all I need is some loot! :D If you've got any ideas for loot please let me know, even giving me some vanilla loot would be great, saves me going through the ID's looking at the stuff. There is only 1 in the world, and the monsters / NPCs in the thing are hard, so the loot needs to be decent. Thanks for the help, this update should be done tonight to tomorrow!

-LeBoffinGaming

So... the new thing is done. Now all I need is some loot! :D If you've got any ideas for loot please let me know, even giving me some vanilla loot would be great, saves me going through the ID's looking at the stuff. There is only 1 in the world, and the monsters / NPCs in the thing are hard, so the loot needs to be decent. Thanks for the help, this update should be done tonight to tomorrow!

-LeBoffinGaming
An Angel Statue

I think it's time that you know what I've been doing. I will let you guess what it is, but keep in mind that the image shows a small bit of it. It's randomized, and quite fun. And a pain to fix bugs so there better be none!

J1WdBrx.png

The torches aren't there normally, it's completely dark. And this is 165 x 165 in size. There are 5 chests. The entrance is at the bottom left. :)

I think it's time that you know what I've been doing. I will let you guess what it is, but keep in mind that the image shows a small bit of it. It's randomized, and quite fun. And a pain to fix bugs so there better be none!

J1WdBrx.png

The torches aren't there normally, it's completely dark. And this is 165 x 165 in size. There are 5 chests. The entrance is at the bottom left. :)

aMAZEingggg still going to wait a bit and I need to finish my singleplayer world with GRealm and Necro then I am proboably going to play with this mod :D

I would suggest an option - only 1 dungeon per world, chest items are picked depending what biome did the dungeon spawned in, bricks same.

And I Belive that Is possible.. somehow.. no seriously i think it is possible and a cool idea thought

Edit : And I belive that will be 3565344321212 worlds just to get a dungeon what will make me mad but still u can't have everything

Last edited:
Awesome Mod, but link broken!! ;c

I know! I was doing some stuff in my DropBox and accidentally deleted it. Trying to get the new update out ASAP to fix it! For now, you can use the older version if you really want to, the new update only adds changes to the citadel. I'll be more careful next time :(

Back
Top Bottom