tModLoader Risk of Slime Rain - Risk of Rain in Terraria

Heya!

This mod looks pretty rad, not gonna lie. My only question is, are the boss item drops limited per character, or per world?

I run multiple characters and if the item drops are per character, this mod is like, perfect for me.

Do you mean the boss drop from Magma Worm? It's a guaranteed drop for the player if he hasn't beaten it before.
If you are asking about the guaranteed random ror item drops from bosses, those are once per world per boss. But in multiplayer, they drop just like boss bags aka one per player.

I keep getting killed by my own grenade for some reason, even though I haven't used a grenade or has any in my inventory. I think it might be the fire shield causing this, how do I remove a upgrade?

I keep getting killed by my own grenade for some reason, even though I haven't used a grenade or has any in my inventory. I think it might be the fire shield causing this, how do I remove a upgrade?
Grenades, as any explosives in Terraria, damage you as well, even if they aren't strong enough to destroy tiles.
If you turn it on in configs, you can hover over the item in the RoSR UI and scroll up or down to increase or decrease the stack. Decreasing it to 0 will turn off the effect for you. With that I'd like to ask you to check which item causes your problem. Maybe it's not a mod problem at all, or maybe we'll have to fix an item on our side.

Last edited:
So I don't seem to be able to proc effects off my summons so far (not that that's very far yet). Currently using the Squirrel Squire summon from Calamity, and they aren't triggering Gasoline on kill. I recall another mod I used to use having issues with modded minion prijectiles; something about there being no standardized hook for it or something; is this just that, and I just need to use vanilla minions/melee minions? Or is this an actual mod issue where minions in general can't proc items?

EDIT: Welp, I've aquired the Slime Staff too now, and that's not triggering Gasoline either... I guess summoners just dont get to utilise proc items at the moment? :( Guess I'll just have to ditch summoner for now...

EDIT2: I take back what I said about Slime Staff, it CAN proc Gasoline, but it only occurs rarely for some reason, instead of every kill? Meanwhile, every melee weapon I've used so far triggers it every time... That's not quite ideal. I assume this is unintended, since summons having a lower proc rate isn't mentioned anywhere that I can see, and lower proc rates shouldn't even affect an "every kill" item anyway.

Last edited:
Reason minions proc less is because they didn't exist in the original game, and they are essentially free damage without player interaction, so we decided to have them proc effects 10% of the time in addition to the real proc chance.
The "on kill" stuff is fixed in update 0.3.3.2, thanks for bringing that up

Fair enough, tho maybe 10% is a little low? It's especially painful if you wanted to go pure summoner. And how about the whips once tModLoader hits 1.4, or even the mods that already exist that add more active weapons to the class? I feel like there should probably at least be a setting for the summon proc chance nerf for those cases.

Glad to hear that the "on-kills" will be fixed, tho.

Fair enough, tho maybe 10% is a little low? It's especially painful if you wanted to go pure summoner. And how about the whips once tModLoader hits 1.4, or even the mods that already exist that add more active weapons to the class? I feel like there should probably at least be a setting for the summon proc chance nerf for those cases.
Everything that doesn't require active player interaction and doesn't lock the player from using other weapons should proc less, this is just common game balance sense.
If you want to go pure summoner - of course we'll add an exception to summon weapons that aren't minions, however in other cases summoners aren't "locked" into only using their minions to attack, and can use any other weapons that will proc the damage as usual. Technically we're giving you free 10% proc lol
In the future, if we introduce a feature that lets you swap items - try to focus on self-enhancements and on-kill proc items for maximum effect.

I'm not saying that procs shouldn't have lower proc rates on summons, just that 10% feels maybe a bit low, and I never said that the nerf to proc rates should be removed entirely, cuz yeah, of course it's good game balance... assuming everyone plays mixed classes. However, there's plenty of people who like to pick one class and stick with it for a whole playthrough; there's even mods for FORCING you to pick one damage type and stick to it, disabling use of any weapon not of the class you chose. For people like me who prefer to play purist class playthroughs, essentially missing out on trying a bunch of items just cuz I like the minion playstyle is pretty disappointing. A 1 in 1000 chance of fireworks triggering is near worthless in combat, and on-kills arent gonna help much during most boss fights, esp when Calamity *disables* other spawns while a boss is present.

I just think it'd be fun to have an option to toggle the nerf in the config, or modify the value, in case some idiot like me really wants to stack slimes and missiles or something. ;(

I don't think you really need to gatekeep the "balance" of a mod that's already pretty overpowered (for every class but summoner, anyway) and is based on a game where the whole point is to get a few key items on your character that are as broken as possible and become an apocalyptic god, but I don't think further discussion will really change any opinions at this point, and I still think the mod is dope as hell even if it doesn't really work for pure summoner characters. This mod may well become a staple for me, lol.

Heya good bois
So i got same problem now twice while most items work as intented, glasses don't work at all, even created fresh new player, maybe becouse i got a load of other mods, but i think it should be noted

Heyyo, is there an update on when Fire Shield is being fixed? As far as I'm aware, it still does damage to me (which procs itself, causing me to be guaranteed to die since self damage apparently ignores i-frames)
Love this mod btw. Long time RoR player, and waiting patiently for green items and other content.

i have encountered a problem where if i have the mortar tube and the sticky bomb only one of them will work so i need to turn the other off because all it does is increase the difficulty with no actual bonus am i the first to have this problem ?

i have encountered a problem where if i have the mortar tube and the sticky bomb only one of them will work so i need to turn the other off because all it does is increase the difficulty with no actual bonus am i the first to have this problem ?
This should be fixed in update 0.3.3.3 which you can download from the browser now! Sorry for the bug, not sure why no one reported it sooner

Back
Top Bottom