tModLoader SGAmod

Do you think I got what it takes to make this a good mod?

• Yes, please share your thoughts :)

Votes: 52 98.1%
  • No, Explain why not :(

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
I have looked up both SGAmod and the thing you suggested for me to type, caliburn. Though I can't find it. Do I need the newest version of Tmodloader for this?
New update looks good though.
I'm also sorry that basically all of your spriters are gone, but at least your finding a way to get some.
I support this mod completely.

I have looked up both SGAmod and the thing you suggested for me to type, caliburn. Though I can't find it. Do I need the newest version of Tmodloader for this?
New update looks good though.
I'm also sorry that basically all of your spriters are gone, but at least your finding a way to get some.
I support this mod completely.
Thank you!
If you cannot find it on the browser, there's direct links/mirrors on the front page under "download" at the top

Da, da, DAAAAAA!

the largest update: 2.40 is out! Hazzah!
Changelog:

2.40-(date)-Hellion's Wraith:

--Added

-Helen 'Hellion' Weygold, the 'final' boss of the mod. And a small story of sorts leading up to it

-Cratogeddon, a post-moonlord boss and varient of Cratrosity

-Nightmare mode! Beat the final boss on expert first to unlock them! (This feature is still rather heavy WIP, Despite sounding really generic, bonus points to whoever can guess the reference :p)

-Frigid Shard, Entrophite, Raw Avarice, Mana Battery, Soul of Byte, Omni Soul, and Fridgeflame crafting materials, Calamity Rune,Entrophite Transmuter, Heart of Entropy, Fridgeframe Concoction, Rigged Jackpot, Fridgeflame Canister, Blink Tech Canister, Blink Tech Gear, Big Dakka, Brimeflame Harbinger, Rioter's Glove, Demolitionist's Glove, Lance a-lot, Yoyo Gauntlet, Rod of Enforcement, Corrupted Tome, Charms of Anticiptation, EALogo, Corperate Epiphany

-A bunch of items and weapons related to Hellion which I will not spoil :p

-Apocalypticals, IE Critical Crits!

-Some new prefixes

-Proper sprites for many items and even some resprites!

-A Discord Server is back! See the home page for a link!

-However a few Items are using the same/placeholder sprites and even features that are disabled because they are either incomplete or I lack the sprites needed to fully add them in

--Changed:

-Idol of Midas's coin feature changed slightly

-SBC cannons reworked to be more like the source material: buffed damage, less gravity on cannonballs and explode always against knockback immune enemies, and cannonballs have a new visual effect

-Adjusted prices of alot of items, again

-Draken now sells Empty Charms sooner with less total Expertise, likely after the first boss

-You can no longer craft anything at a furnace (or hellforce) or a mythril anvil until you defeat the respective wraiths

-Stormbreaker's mana regen usage lasts the whole animation

-Cobalt Wraith's ore drops reworked, also now drops hellstone

-Worldgen chest loot changed a bit

-Grenadier's Glove has had its functionality split, the Molotovs are now part of the upgraded form: the Rioter's Glove

-Javelins are now called Jab-lins, and have a new set of sprites! Also prismal Launcher got a new sprite.

-Luminary Wings are now post-SPinky (And also no longer require Frostspark boots)

-Omega Sigil reworked

-Avali Scythe and Wave Beam have been made into Technical Weapons

-Nerfed Caliburn Guardians' damage, attempts to stay closer to the player so melee can hit them, and can no longer hurt the player by touch while not charging at them

-Luminite Wraith Buffed: First fight has more HP, 2nd fight has more contact damage and slightly more defense

-Tooltip on Dank Arrows has been clarified a bit, the slowing effect is stronger, not the enemies

-Removed Obsidian Skull from Demon Steppers as Lava Waders already uses it

-Buffed Demon Steppers quite a bit, Luminary Wings got a buff as well

-Big Bang's crafting recipe changed again, and buffed

-Recipes changed, such as Surt not longing being required to make Reality Shaper

-Nerfed Lunar Cascade, Serpent's Redemption, Massacre prototype, Prismal Launcher

-Lunar Slime Heart not longer deletes projectiles, but rather cuts out most of the their damage

-Treepeater firerate and accuracy increased

-Cosmic Cocktail's Stats changed, again

-Djinn's Inferno now requires a shadowflame hex doll

-Surt got a rework: a buff to help it synergize with Primordial Skull better and the projectile is faster, and nerf that OnFire is based on how long you charge the sword

-Blazewyrm Armor has been reworked, I want to think of it as more of a beserker type armor VS tank armor that is a direct upgrade to molten armor

-Space Diver Armor has been reworked, again. The damage penality on the set has been upped from 15% to 40%, however, you receive a bonus 25% to tech damage weapons.

-Swamp Slimes renamed to Dank Slimes, they can drop Biomass, and they may spawn after Murk is defeated in the Jungle

-Bronze Wraith Core Fragments are less grindy to craft as now you make 2

-Ice-related and alot of other crafting recipes changed, many items made cheaper to craft (especially the charms)

-Demon Steppers now includes the effects of the Blue Horseshoe Balloon and Frog Leg in the crafting recipe

-Supreme Pinky drops less Royal Lunar Gel

-World Gen involving biomass generation

-MANY other smaller changes

--Fixed:

-Some missing "missing item" subtexts that led to confusion

-Matrix Buff giving the wrong description

-Fixed Dynasty Javelins being craftable

-A bug where simply killing one of Supreme Pinky's Dopplegangers was enough to count as beating the boss

-Demon Steppers and Luminary Wings Stacking allowing crazy fast speeds

-Prismal Booster-style flying allowing you to fly through blocks while going straight up, you can still pass through 1-block thick tiles however

-Dank Arrows being free to craft

-A possible bug where Portal Bullets could pierce and do extremely high damage

-Improved the Beam Gun's code to hopefully improve FPS

-Changed the way the HUD is drawn again, this time it's using interface layers, which means it should not conflict with other mods at all! Yay!

-Fixed various spelling mistakes

-MANY other smaller fixes
Discord link on the front page

God I need to update this thread so badly now...
But at-least now I can focus on smaller quality of life things too!

New patch update, adds some new features, but mostly addresses some critical bugs that went unnoticed until now and a major bug introduced in the previous update that broke online play.

A note on online play: it works but, some of it doesn't, and it would seem for whatever reason I can't test it as my system is, rejecting the packets and crap, so frustrating!
So if something is really broken I'm sorry, I am trying but netcode is total :red: to code with when it decided to work or not.

Changelog:

2.50-(4/6/20)-Patch #4:

--Added

-Cosmic Grasp, Photosynthesizer

-More glow masks, glow masks for armor (Blazewyrm, Space Diver)

-Empowerment bonuses for Dev items and armors

-Frozen Turtle Shell and Water Walking Boots to craftable items

--Changed:

-Blink Tech Gear renamed to Tech Master's Gear, and added alot of features and crafting items required

-Novus Bars are cheaper (you now make 2)

-Hellion Cosmetic changes to some attacks

-Cosmillash has faster projectiles

-Havoc's Fragmented Remains has been added to Soul of Secrets

-Crafting Recipes!

--Fixed:

-Fixed a major bug involving shaders that stopped network games (I hope)

-Cratrosity and Cratrogeddon no longer despawn, and Murk is less likely to despawn during the fly swarm phases

-Doom Harbinger's death not counting, also him dropping

-Items that shouldn't cause melee hits (the yoyos largely)

-Creeper's explosive throw doesn't block immunity frames now for the explosions

-Hellion's repair drones sticking to target dummies (and also not being called repair wraiths)

-Removed lines from Draken that refer to there being no discord server.

-Hellion being below some harder bosses on boss checklist

-Even more items with broken prices

[\spoiler]

Hey so it seems that this mod is disabling the crafting and use of a regular furnace? Had all the necessary materials and even checked on recipe browser and everything was good. Then after debugging one in just so that I could continue it doesnt seem to be doing its proper function at all. I dont know if its just a problem with the mod or mod compatability but once i turned off this mod the furnace started working again.

Edit: Seems like none of the other furnaces are working either

Last edited:
Hey so it seems that this mod is disabling the crafting and use of a regular furnace? Had all the necessary materials and even checked on recipe browser and everything was good. Then after debugging one in just so that I could continue it doesnt seem to be doing its proper function at all. I dont know if its just a problem with the mod or mod compatability but once i turned off this mod the furnace started working again.
It's a feature to encourage fighting important bosses that don't really drop anything unique from my mod. (only crafting materials)
one of the features of this mod is that the Wraith bosses block your ability to craft some items (Furnace AND anything crafted at one in this case) until you beat them, make a wraith core fragment from copper/tin ore and fallen stars to fight copper wraith

Do you have any ideas how to better telegraph this to players?

It's a feature to encourage fighting important bosses that don't really drop anything unique from my mod. (only crafting materials)
one of the features of this mod is that the Wraith bosses block your ability to craft some items (Furnace AND anything crafted at one in this case) until you beat them, make a wraith core fragment from copper/tin ore and fallen stars to fight copper wraith

Something that ive seen other mods do is have npcs mention or hint this to players. You could have guide do that. Or maybe even creating a starting item that only has the purpose of informing the player of this.

Something that ive seen other mods do is have npcs mention or hint this to players. You could have guide do that. Or maybe even creating a starting item that only has the purpose of informing the player of this.
you know that is just what I did lol, next update will add some lines to the guide to... well, guide you on what to do relating to the wraiths and important *why you can't craft this* type stuff
I kinda underestimated the fact that not everyone uses boss checklist (where alot of the info is at)

Hey there, I'm new to terraria, yet mod terraria too and this one of the mod that i choose to play and I love it. but I have a problem, i see you say in your change log that you can find the entrance to the shrine dungeon is usually on top yet I search all around the the dungeon wall and i see no way in, is there a way to like trigger the entrance? or you have to mine your way in? i did try dinamite but it only blow up the back ground wall not the block. here my map, hope you can help, thks. look forward to your reply.
Ảnh chụp màn hình (176).png

Hey there, I'm new to terraria, yet mod terraria too and this one of the mod that i choose to play and I love it. but I have a problem, i see you say in your change log that you can find the entrance to the shrine dungeon is usually on top yet I search all around the the dungeon wall and i see no way in, is there a way to like trigger the entrance? or you have to mine your way in? i did try dinamite but it only blow up the back ground wall not the block. here my map, hope you can help, thks. look forward to your reply.View attachment 262992
the generation is a bit wack, somethings no entrance will generate (still looking for a balanced way to fix this) and these CAN generate on top of the dungeon&temple (but will avoid generating into them)

in other words your not getting in there, yet, the blocks become mine-able after Murk is defeated, there's 2 other shrines in your world, see if you can find those ones.

the generation is a bit wack, somethings no entrance will generate (still looking for a balanced way to fix this) and these CAN generate on top of the dungeon&temple (but will avoid generating into them)

in other words your not getting in there, yet, the blocks become mine-able after Murk is defeated, there's 2 other shrines in your world, see if you can find those ones.
Ah, ok. thanks for your answer. I wish you well and healthy

Idk if I'm the only one with this problem, but for some reason I cant craft a furnace with your mod enabled. I even brought over a pre built furnace and I couldn't make bars. I disabled the mod to make sure and when I did, everything worked.

Idk if I'm the only one with this problem, but for some reason I cant craft a furnace with your mod enabled. I even brought over a pre built furnace and I couldn't make bars. I disabled the mod to make sure and when I did, everything worked.

Please, it would help to read the front page

Hello, on Linux (and most likely Mac) your mod creates a file in the wrong place (here with kyolo as my username) :

Code:
/home/kyolo/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Terraria/C:/Users/kyolo/Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/SGAmod
   Ubuntu Default Terraria Installation Directory |     Windows Save Directory

Should be :
Code:
/home/kyolo/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/SGAmod

Ubuntu and other linux-based OS don't have the same folder structure as windows, so when you ask for C:, the system takes it as a folder name and not the root directory.
I never made any mod, but tModLoader may have some way to find the correct directory.

Hello, on Linux (and most likely Mac) your mod creates a file in the wrong place (here with kyolo as my username) :

Code:
/home/kyolo/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Terraria/C:/Users/kyolo/Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/SGAmod
   Ubuntu Default Terraria Installation Directory |     Windows Save Directory

Should be :
Code:
/home/kyolo/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/SGAmod

Ubuntu and other linux-based OS don't have the same folder structure as windows, so when you ask for C:, the system takes it as a folder name and not the root directory.
I never made any mod, but tModLoader may have some way to find the correct directory.
most mods don't do file related things, but considering that I don't use macs or Linux, it would be difficult to know otherwise

...is there even code to check if the system is a MAC? I don't know

EDIT: Ok I think I got something, is the file system formatted like this?
Code:
        public int OSDetect()
        {

OperatingSystem os = Environment.OSVersion;
            PlatformID pid = os.Platform;
            switch (pid)
            {
                case PlatformID.Win32NT:
                case PlatformID.Win32S:
                case PlatformID.Win32Windows:
                case PlatformID.WinCE:
                    SGAmod.filePath = "C:/Users/" + userName + "/Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/SGAmod";
                    return 0;
                    break;
                case PlatformID.Unix:
                    SGAmod.filePath = "/home/"+ userName + "/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/SGAmod";
                    return 1;
                    break;
                case PlatformID.MacOSX:
                    SGAmod.filePath = "/home/" + userName + "/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/SGAmod";
                    return 2;
                    break;
                default:
                    Logger.Error("SGAmod cannot detect your OS, files might not be saved in the right places");
                    break;
            }
            return -1;

}

the fun of multi-platform coding

Last edited:
A quick google search for OS detection in C# show it's possible, but I'm not sure if tModLoader has one built-in.

A quick google search for OS detection in C# show it's possible, but I'm not sure if tModLoader has one built-in.
I edited my previous post, there is a way, but I'm asking if this is how it should be formatted (do I need to keep the spaces in the file directories? I don't know how macs or Linux works)

Back
Top Bottom