tModLoader SGAmod

Do you think I got what it takes to make this a good mod?

• Yes, please share your thoughts :)

Votes: 52 98.1%
  • No, Explain why not :(

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
btw the debuff for locking an item in hotbar doesnt matter much if you can just change the hotbar slot's item
that's kinda the point, it only effects the hotbar position, not the item (This was harder to get working than you think)
I suppose I could upgrade it so it also locks the item type it affected as well, to encourage you to use more than 1 viable weapon

Funfact, this boss used to have a debuff called Curse of Red, and it was a debuff that would spawn a red potion in your inventory and force you to drink it if you didn't trash it in time.
This was scrapped because it was bordering on the modding rules, wasn't very fun since 1 sip is death, and could be easily countered by having a full inventory

Last edited:
Been Sharing alot of spoilers in my discord on features both currently in the mod and upcoming features:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

While I would, normally discourge joining discords for more info, I would like to once again send out a PSA that I'm looking for reliable spriters as once again, all mine are either afk or too busy to even do anything, If you like what you see and want your work to get proper coding and respect, please message me here or in discord, thanks!

Is this it, are we back yet from the forums being down? Hmmm
anyways, new updates when Journey's End released!

2.3090-(5/18/20)-Hot Fix #5:

--Added:

-Alot more missing item tooltips (when you don't own an item and get a hint on how to get it)

--Changes

-buffed Tidal Charm significantly

--Fixed

-Tidal Charm properly works now

-jab-lin and Revolving West code

-Redid Caliburn hitframes code (to make sure there really are no more Iframes)

-Gas Passer requiring the Cursed Flames book (Relogic, come on! Naming convention!)

Changelog:

3.3050-(5/16/20)-Hot Fix #4:

-Added:

-a handful of wonderful resprites for Midas Touch, Machete, Jarate, Sword of the Blue Moon, and True Moonlight

--Changed:

-True Moonlight's new sprite has a new visual effect

--Fixed

-True Moonlight Lv3 waves not homing through walls

3.000-(5/16/20)-End of the Beginning Pt1;

-Added:

-Twines of Fate, Tidal Charm,Icicle Fall, Shark Food, Drakenite Bars (they are dropped by Hellion, for now, some items require them now), Heart Guard (Crimson alt of the JuryRigged Spiked Buckler), Anomaly Study Paper, Joyrider

-Truely Suspicious Looking Eye-manually Summon Doom Harbinger and also refight him if you wish

-2 Types of fish quests for the Dank Shrine Zone

-The rest of Havoc's Swamp (now Dank) enemies, most of them spawn in the Dank Shrine

-Resprites for all of Spider Queen's sprites and a massive visual overhaul +added treasure bag, phil would be proud

--Changed:

-Mister Creeper's dev items have been renamed to Legacy Dev items

-Slight buff to Portal Bullets

-Renamed the Crates of Light and Night during Cratrogeddon's fight

-Sepent's Redemption rebalanced a bit (removed bonus crit chance and damage reduced, empowerment bonus made slightly better)

-Nerfed the SBC Cannon's base damage greatly, made cheaper

-Nerfed the SBC Cannon MK2's base damage

-IDG's Armor set slightly altered

-Hellion can no longer use both Laser Reign and Healthy Dose of Lasers at once when in Tyrant Mode

-Large rework to Luminite Wraith: added in missing attacks, Vortex Lightning Reworked, Vortex move has been completely reworked, and Heatwave burst reworked as well, the boss stops moving when doing any of the last 2 and warning effects made more noticable

-Most of Cirno's Ice Bolts have been made into a custom projectile that doesn't use Dust to tell you where it is (no more invisible projectiles)

-Buffed Ice Scepter and reworked

-Big Bang and Reality Shaper have gained the new Ice Scepter Bolt projectile and have been rebalanced around it, Reality Shaper nerfed a bit

-Added another attack to Sharkvern so he's not doing nothing for, half the fight. Flying shark HP buffed

-Hellion's Skeletron Hands also now lock your item type, not just the hotbar as well

-Fixed Cursed hail needing Cursed Flames Book instead of material (ffs relogic lol, naming convention plz)

-Blazewyrm bonuses nerfed, text reworked a bit to reduce reading

-Fixed more item prices

-Made several items cheaper to craft

-True Caliburn's damage reduced, and price fixed

-Mud Absorber can not longer stack with any accessories crafted from it

-Hellion's drones no longer shoot at you during attacks where Hellion becames unhittable

-Mudmore's Mud blobs inflict Oiled when they explode, but damage has been slightly reduced

-Throwing gloves no longer give a damage boost when using Beenades

-Widened Arc of Golem Fireballs and reduced rate of Fireball rings, added new attacks, add telegraphing, reduced damage of Blazing Wheels further

-Buffed Rubied Blade

-Heartreach Magnet crafting recipe changed, and alt added for corruption worlds

-Supreme Pinky's sky effect has been altered to be layered and also less jarring on the eyes

--Fixed

-Tidal Elementals not attacking or doing anything during night

-Mismatched descriptions on Non-Stationary weapons

-Big Dakka consuming ammo that shouldn't be consumable

-Fixed more item prices

-More fixes I couldn't remember to list

*Looks around*
Hmmm, ghosttown atm...
First post on the modded sections since before the release

Mostly a few bug fixes relating to netcode and world gen, added a hardmode Caliburn spirit so you can get the swords a different way should worldgen be unfriendly to you
3.096-(5/20/20)-Hot Fix #6:

--Added:

-Wrath of Caliburn, a hardmode varient that can be used to farm swords, so you can get them in worlds where say: the worldgen messed up.

-a few more "book" entries for Boss Checklist

--Fixed

-True Moonlight online (I think...)

-Found and fixed bad net data (Caliburn compass works now)

-The Caliburn generation code hopefully, your sword shrines won't get messed up now by chests

-Replaced recipe groups of Fragments with the vanilla ones, basically means SGAmod items can support properly modded in Fragments

Loving the mod, however, I've run into an issue, or maybe I'm just missing something ... I can't seem to open the terraria co crates with any keys and they're really clogging up my storage. Any help would be appreciated.

Loving the mod, however, I've run into an issue, or maybe I'm just missing something ... I can't seem to open the terraria co crates with any keys and they're really clogging up my storage. Any help would be appreciated.
You need a special key that drops from Cratrosity to open them, using a golden key, key of night, or key of light summons the boss

They are "intended" to clog your inventory, it's a reference to the source material

Not sure if we're idiots, but me and a few friends have been doing a playthrough. We've summoned and attempted to fight all 3 caliburn guardians, who are infinitely immune to all damage. We've stayed alive for well over 15 minutes and not been able to land a single point of damage to any of them. I've tried looking on the wiki, and googling the problem with zero results. I went to Darkon and bought the Anomoly Study Paper, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Frustrating because the fight seems like it'd be fun if we could actually end up killing the things.

Not sure if we're idiots, but me and a few friends have been doing a playthrough. We've summoned and attempted to fight all 3 caliburn guardians, who are infinitely immune to all damage. We've stayed alive for well over 15 minutes and not been able to land a single point of damage to any of them. I've tried looking on the wiki, and googling the problem with zero results. I went to Darkon and bought the Anomoly Study Paper, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Frustrating because the fight seems like it'd be fun if we could actually end up killing the things.
are you trying to fight them "outside" dank shrines? They are un-damageable outside their respective biomes

Is there a way to switch to sprites, which were before a previous update (Spider queen and items, Moonlight, etc.)? I liked those more and I would be happy, if there is a way to have those (without using old version of course).

Is there a way to switch to sprites, which were before a previous update (Spider queen and items, Moonlight, etc.)? I liked those more and I would be happy, if there is a way to have those (without using old version of course).
I don't think I fully understand this question and what your asking for, but I'm going to explain why both of these changed for context:

Moonlight (and also True Moonlight) has a different sprite now because the OG Spriter (@Mister Creeper) Left the team and demanded all his sprites be removed from the mod (oh, and he tried to block resprites too), I more-or-less replied (he had already left the discord but) that he basically didn't know the damage he was trying to do because he felt like quiting everything he was involved in and so was denied his request. Infact I own his sprites now, he gave them to me.

However I'm trying to atleast honor half of this (in time, he expected it instantly, jeez what does he think we're Calamity or something?), and that is getting his work resprited and slowly phased out of the mod. So no, these 2 sword sprites will not returning in SGAmod in their OG forms, sorry.

2: Spider Queen's resprite is one I agree with, while I deeply miss and respect @PhilBill44 and I loved his gift to me, his boss wasn't very ambiguous with world evils (crimson-type spider in corruption world? nah) Also he spat green acid from orange venom so... yeah.
I have been trying to find a way to keep the OG spider queen sprites in the mod, but as far as the boss itself goes, it's not going back to that.

I would mention who these 2 spriters are (yeah both of these were made by different people) but neither of them have a forum account, they are discord-only people (Squid is also Reddit thou)
They are, of course, credited on the main page, like always!

As for where you can find the old sprites, you can go to the github and download older source files of the mod and get them from there. (Spider Queen's old sprites are infact, still in the mod, just unused)

I don't think I fully understand this question and what your asking for, but I'm going to explain why both of these changed for context:

Moonlight (and also True Moonlight) has a different sprite now because the OG Spriter (@Mister Creeper) Left the team and demanded all his sprites be removed from the mod (oh, and he tried to block resprites too), I more-or-less replied (he had already left the discord but) that he basically didn't know the damage he was trying to do because he felt like quiting everything he was involved in and so was denied his request. Infact I own his sprites now, he gave them to me.

However I'm trying to atleast honor half of this (in time, he expected it instantly, jeez what does he think we're Calamity or something?), and that is getting his work resprited and slowly phased out of the mod. So no, these 2 sword sprites will not returning in SGAmod in their OG forms, sorry.

2: Spider Queen's resprite is one I agree with, while I deeply miss and respect @PhilBill44 and I loved his gift to me, his boss wasn't very ambiguous with world evils (crimson-type spider in corruption world? nah) Also he spat green acid from orange venom so... yeah.
I have been trying to find a way to keep the OG spider queen sprites in the mod, but as far as the boss itself goes, it's not going back to that.

I would mention who these 2 spriters are (yeah both of these were made by different people) but neither of them have a forum account, they are discord-only people (Squid is also Reddit thou)
They are, of course, credited on the main page, like always!

As for where you can find the old sprites, you can go to the github and download older source files of the mod and get them from there. (Spider Queen's old sprites are infact, still in the mod, just unused)
Sorry for the late reply. It is sad, that Mister Creeper treated you that way. I think, that it isn't right to ask to remove everything, you gave to a project because you decide to leave. As for the github, it is a good idea. I am just not a fan of Calamity level of detail sprites. Also, maybe you should mention it somehow, that cobweb "attack" from Spider Queen fight sometimes overrides other blocks with Cobweb. For people, who really like to build and even make their arenas look good, that is not a good thing. (You can just mention about that in the tooltip of a summoning item).

Welp just lost another spriter: @El3trick_Plays is gone from the team, didn't say a word or give a reason, removed me and left

I'm starting to get really fed up with everyone being so incompetent and unprofessional

So here we go again:

I am looking for spriters, be you beginners or experienced, I only ask that you are competent in seeing your work realized by a skilled programmer, please message me if you want your work and your ideas, to get proper work done for them!

Sorry for the late reply.It is sad, that Mister Creeper treated you that way.I think, that it isn't right to ask to remove everything, you gave to a project because you decide to leave. As for the github, it is a good idea. I am just not a fan of Calamity level of detail sprites. Also, maybe you should mention it somehow, that cobweb "attack" from Spider Queen fight sometimes overrides other blocks with Cobweb. For people, who really like to build and even make their arenas look good, that is not a good thing. (You can just mention about that in the tooltip of a summoning item).

That override has never happened, it checks to see if the block is even active before it does that

My god I really actually need to use this mod.
I don't know why I have not, but as soon as tmodloader (and this) updates to 1.4, this is going to be something I try out right away.
I've actually forgot about this mod for so long and I don't know how.

I'm also very sorry for the lost spriters.

My god I really actually need to use this mod.
I don't know why I have not, but as soon as tmodloader (and this) updates to 1.4, this is going to be something I try out right away.
I've actually forgot about this mod for so long and I don't know how.

I'm also very sorry for the lost spriters.
that's several months off, why not just play it right now?

that's several months off, why not just play it right now?
True, I could do that.

Also, I'm going to be investing a lot of time into learning to sprite well once I learn a bit more about the coding language I'm working on. (I hope I'll make something better than those terrible watermelon mimic sprites)
If I do make anything decent, I would be happy to help you with this. I find it kind of depressing that these people just abandon the project with no reason given.

I really hope that trying to learn C# and getting good at building don't end up taking up all the time I have for learning spriting this summer.

I wish you luck on updating this mod.

True, I could do that.

Also, I'm going to be investing a lot of time into learning to sprite well once I learn a bit more about the coding language I'm working on. (I hope I'll make something better than those terrible watermelon mimic sprites)
If I do make anything decent, I would be happy to help you with this. I find it kind of depressing that these people just abandon the project with no reason given.

I really hope that trying to learn C# and getting good at building don't end up taking up all the time I have for learning spriting this summer.

I wish you luck on updating this mod.
Thanks that's good and all, but I'm largely looking for "experienced" and more importantly "competent/Professional" spriters, this :red: happened because the people were unprofessional, incompetent, and never had worked on a team before. You can still try thou

Thanks that's good and all, but I'm largely looking for "experienced" and more importantly "competent/Professional" spriters, this :red: happened because the people were unprofessional, incompetent, and never had worked on a team before. You can still try thou
Yeah, I definitely am going to take a super long time to get good at all, even if I'm going to dedicate a lot of time into it. But yeah, just like you said, I can still try.

Actually, I have not played terraria in a while and just entered hardmode. Any tips on good weaponry to get early?

Last edited:
Well, this isnt that different than copper armor, but I added and shaded a tiny face piece on the helmet.

As for anyone who wants to post armor sprites and get a really good sprite sheet for it, go check out ArmorHelper by Mirsario
ArmorTemplate_v1 (2)_GIFFullArmorPlayer.gif

Also, watermelon:
New Piskel.png
I dont know how properly put i well sized images.
It would be nice to know how.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom