SCREENSHOT:
Full Mage Tree.jpg

Attachments

• SkillTree tAPI r16.tapimod
    1.3 MB · Views: 353
Last edited:
Today i will show you simple SkillTree Mod
  • Full working scallable GUI
  • All basic mechanic done except way of gaining skill points(Probably you will need to gather some Skill orbs from bosses(3 tiers or something)
  • Probably works fine in multiplayer(did only bit of testing)
  • [Mage Tree] Magic Element -Average boost to all mage stats
  • [Mage Tree] Mana Shield - 20% damage hurts your mana not hp
  • [Mage Tree]Power Surge -Your next spell deals double damage, 5 sec cooldown
  • [Mage Tree]Teleport - Teleport to cursor
  • Finish skill Tree for mage [planned arround 15 skills and three routes]
  • Finish skill Tree for Range and Melee
  • Skill orb mechanic
  • Master Tier items [Required Completed SkillTree branch]
What do i want from you ?
Well if someone would share ideas for other classes skill i would appreciate it.
Also im pretty bad at drawing so if someone like drawing Skill icons i will give him a credit.
Cool :3

*whistles* wow, this is pretty cool! As for ideas, how about for melee some form of war call that inflicts confusion to drive away enemies?

*whistles* wow, this is pretty cool! As for ideas, how about for melee some form of war call that inflicts confusion to drive away enemies?
Have some ideas how to implement that, thanks I think it will be cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azu
Yo, check out update gifs . Also (un)stable version with only mage skills will be out for checking at the end of the week :p

Hmmm, when it's finished, release the source code for it and you can have other mod makers make their own trees or add to the existing trees to cater to their mods.

Here are a few ideas, see if you like any.

Ranged:

Chance (~10-20%) to fire an extra projectile with each shot of any ranged weapon (using projType, shouldn't be hard to implement in ModProjectile under PreShoot).

Next ranged attack marks an enemy for artillery fire, which is fired at the enemy from above (think Starfury) over a few seconds. 30-60 sec cooldown.

If you have max mana, your next ranged attack consumes half of it and adds great damage to the projectile (2x the mana consumed).

Melee:

Every third melee attack has a 1/3 chance to deal double damage.

Gain melee damage passively based on how fast you are moving.

If you take a hit, your next melee attack deals damage equal to the amount of damage you received.

Gain a point of defense for every nearby enemy (maybe diminishing returns).

Yo, check out update gifs . Also (un)stable version with only mage skills will be out for checking at the end of the week :p
Sorry due to personal circumstances it will be delayed by at least a week.
Hmmm, when it's finished, release the source code for it and you can have other mod makers make their own trees or add to the existing trees to cater to their mods.
Well then i would need to revrite it to look more like Library than mod. I can do this but you will need to wait some time :p

Here are a few ideas, see if you like any.

Ranged:

Chance (~10-20%) to fire an extra projectile with each shot of any ranged weapon (using projType, shouldn't be hard to implement in ModProjectile under PreShoot).

Next ranged attack marks an enemy for artillery fire, which is fired at the enemy from above (think Starfury) over a few seconds. 30-60 sec cooldown.

If you have max mana, your next ranged attack consumes half of it and adds great damage to the projectile (2x the mana consumed).

Melee:

Every third melee attack has a 1/3 chance to deal double damage.

Gain melee damage passively based on how fast you are moving.

If you take a hit, your next melee attack deals damage equal to the amount of damage you received.

Gain a point of defense for every nearby enemy (maybe diminishing returns).

Thanks , cool suggestions i will probably add at least some of them when mage tree is finished.

For inspiration, why not look at some attacks from some RPGS?
Kinda ripping off World of Warcraft already :p but yeah thats probably how will it work , because whats better than basing on proved concepts :cool:
Be great to see some of the magic from FF Advanced tactics. I would love to be a blue mage or spellsword.
Never had time to play it ,but i can look into it , spellsword sounds fun.

Ok, did a brief testing run. Most everything works surprisingly smoothly, especially the custom UI elements. Just a couple of things that stood out, neither is a big deal: consuming Prime Elements when you have more than one causes you to use two, presumably due to an imbalance of useTime and useAnimation for the item (this still gives 2 skill points, so not a big deal, but this is potentially related to me being able to get an extra, unspendable skill point), and teleportation costs only 20 mana compared to the advertised 50.

My biggest problem is that I'm unable to convert the .tapimod file to a zip and look at the source, which would be really interesting, since this does things that no tAPI mod currently released does :naughty:

Ok, did a brief testing run. Most everything works surprisingly smoothly, especially the custom UI elements. Just a couple of things that stood out, neither is a big deal: consuming Prime Elements when you have more than one causes you to use two, presumably due to an imbalance of useTime and useAnimation for the item (this still gives 2 skill points, so not a big deal, but this is potentially related to me being able to get an extra, unspendable skill point), and teleportation costs only 20 mana compared to the advertised 50.

My biggest problem is that I'm unable to convert the .tapimod file to a zip and look at the source, which would be really interesting, since this does things that no tAPI mod currently released does :naughty:
  • useTime fixed
  • mana cost fixed
Well the source code is closed for now ,because im ashamed of mess that people can find out there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) .
Once i finish up the final version, the whole thing will be open source. I'm even considering making some sort of library so people can create their own implementations of Skill Trees with my interface and without having problems with analising my mess.

Wow. This is really something. This. Is. Really.

SOMETHING.

I tip my fedora to you good sir, I really like the look of this!

Wow. This is really something. This. Is. Really.

SOMETHING.

I tip my fedora to you good sir, I really like the look of this!
Thanks!
I had some break due to exams but now im back and running!
Mage tree is finished :>
poison.png

Back
Top Bottom