[WIP] Strange Things Mod

vizthex

Duke Fishron
NOTICE: This is a repost of my original thread as it's really old and so almost no one will see it

Hello everyone! So a few of my friends and I are starting to get into modding, and decided to start with this: The Strange Things mod

The general concept is that most of the things will be strange/mystical in origin, and you have to harvest mob souls to progress and make most of the items. (Think of the old versions of Ersion, which is where I got the idea for souls)

We're still working on it, so the download won't be up yet; but hopefully it'll be cool.

All Souls are crafted at a Workbench until I can figure out how to make mobs drop items.

Soul Infuser - Used to craft souls into items, and possibly other souls
Zombie Guts - Used to make Zombie Souls, temperary item.

Soul Ore - Planned to generate in the world, currently craftable with 3 Copper Ore and 1 Iron Ore
Soul Bar - Crafted with 3 [Currently one because of the temporary recipe] Soul Ore at any Furnace. Used to make several soul-themed items and weapons, basically acts liek Soul Glue™

Mob Soul - The basic Soul, Currently crafted with Copper Coins at a Workbench
Slime Soul - The Soul of a Slime. used for slime-themed armour/weapons (Summoner)
Skeleton Soul - Drops from all Skeletons, makes bone-themed armour/weapons (Ranged)
Zombie Soul - Drops from all Zombies, make zombie-themed melee armour/weapons (Melee)
Magical Soul - Drops from magical creatures (Like Gasopods, Skeleton Casters, etc.) and makes magical armour/weapons (Magic)
Flight Soul - Drops from flying mobs, makes utility items [Wings, accessories, etc] (Utility)

If you would like to help out, then please message me or leave a comment on this thread. Also, be sure you have GitHub and Discord accounts or are willing to make them.

The GitHub page can be found here (Releases). It will have the Wiki, a place for you to put Suggestions (I'm not sure if people can edit it though, so please tell me if it doesn't work and/or post them here. Also still decided whether or not I should make it publicly editable.), the issue tracker, and our to-do list.

Downloads will be posted later after we get a bit more content, but for now thank you for reading and I hope we'll be able to make this mod.

The Discord server can be found here. We'll post updates, chat about the mod, post suggestions, etc.

Huge thanks to @uglycoal for his diligence in making sprites. I'd pay him if I could.

Back
Top Bottom