tModLoader (WIP) TerraRPG for tModLoader v0.9.2.3

Should I finish it ASAP?

• I'm not interested in it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! I need this to be done!

• Spend a little bit more time updating it to v0.10 / I want to play this with the latest mods

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daxturus

Steampunker
Is Terraria too easy?
Do you miss the spice of life?
Well go away then This is the mod for you!
Presenting: TerraRPG! A mod that makes gameplay feel more open and infinite. Here are a few of the highlights of this mod:

To start off, I'll show a fun little mechanic I have added. All damage, max life amounts, and defenses have been divided by 10, for the player and enemies. What does this mean, you ask? I'll give you an example: An NPC deals 6 damage on hit, but if you have the starting amount of life, it will kill you in 2 or less hits. So basically ingame life is now less 'how much health do i have left' and more 'how many hits until (this) dies'.

-Nullification armor, meaning that if an attack deals damage that is less than or equal to the nullification armor level, it will not deal damage at all. You will still die if you are at around 1 or 2 life left, so be careful with it.
-Base damage, making your attacks deal 1 extra damage per base damage.
-Crit damage, giving +3 damage on crit per crit damage.

Crafting a Ultra Heart increases your max health cap from 50 to 75 to 100 and so on in exchange for max health. It's also infinite, so don't worry about falling over in your chair like when you try to get more than 3 bars of stamina in BOTW or when you unknowingly kill all the enemies in one of the Super Mario RPG games. These health upgrades can be changed into even more things, such as minimum damage dealt, raw defense, regen boosts, and more.

The Ultra Heart crafting recipe is 10 life fruits and a demon heart, so get ready to farm the WOF...

A few (endgame-balanced; they are just about as good as lunar armors imho) sets have been added! They are:
Levi's set! (27 actual defense, 6 ingame defense.) A green and light yellow set modeled after a dragon. It reduces damage taken indirectly through a nullification point and a 20% damage reduction. It increases movement speed and critical chance.

ChDxcl1.png

-When dyed, it will turn a solid color.
-Each armor in the set are crafted from 2 mythril armor pieces and 5 luminite bars.
-The wings are crafted from 5 mythril bars and a Betsy's wing. On its own, it excels at gliding slowly to the ground. But when pieces of the Levi armor set are worn, it can allow the wings to regenerate flight time in the air, increase the player's jump height, and increase the player's speed.
-When the Levi's Scale (crafted from 10 mythril and 5 shadow scales) is equipped, it increases the effects of Levi items. It does not do anything on its own, however.
-Levi weapons are weak and don't have much knockback, but have high crits and attack speeds.
Geno's set! (42 actual defense, 9 ingame defense) An orange and gray set modeled after a futuristic warrior. It increases damage dealt, life regen, and movement speed. It's sort of like an opposite of the Levi armor set.
EEySbch.png

-When dyed, the orange and blue parts will be recolored, which is really cool in my opinion.
-Each armor in the set are crafted from 2 palladium armor pieces and 5 luminite bars.
-The jetpack is crafted from 5 palladium bars and 2 jetpacks. On its own, it excels at ascending quickly into the air. But when pieces of the Geno armor set are worn, it can increase the player's defense, increase the flight time of the jetpack, and decrease its out-of-fuel glide speed.
-When the Geno's Overclocker (crafted from 10 palladium and 50 wires) is equipped, it increases the effects of Geno items. It does not do anything on its own, however.
-Geno weapons are slow and have a low crit chance, but have high knockback and damage values.

-(not started) Kona's set! A brown and blue set meant to look like Tiki Armor and Stardust Armor combined. It increases max stats, such as summons, max mana, max health, and max breath. It has mid-level defense.

-(not started) Katy's set! A black and purple set modeled after a ninja. It increases stealth abilities and heavily increases movement speed; more than the Geno and Levi sets. It has a low level of defense. (i.e. 30 real defense, blocking 1-2 damage in the RPG mod)

-(not started) Pyre's set! A dark red and light blue set increasing the effects of upgrades. It has a mid-level defense.

-(not started) Roxu's set! A dark gray and red set that gives a massive amount of defense (i.e. 120 real defense, blocking 6 damage in the RPG mod) but decreases movement speed.

Well, tell me up in the polls whether I should hurry up and get it finished.

1. Make sure you have v0.9.2.3 of tModLoader installed.
2. Unzip the file.
3. Place it in the Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods folder.
4. Start tModLoader v0.9.2.3 and enable the mod in the 'Mods' section on the screen.

v0.1: Basic RPG upgrade items and some of the Levi set.
v0.2: The Levi set & Geno Set are completed.

The current version is v0.2, the second version I've added.
(p.s. be thankful there are so many spoiler dropdowns)

NOTE THAT IT ONLY FUNCTIONS CORRECTLY IN EXPERT MODE.:kingslime:

Attachments

• TerraRPG.zip
    45.2 KB · Views: 225
  • TerraRPG V0.2.zip
    70.1 KB · Views: 204
  • TerraRPG Source Code v0.2.zip
    129.5 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom