(WIP) The Collection Mod

Pachel

Terrarian
The Collection

Icon.png

The initial objective of the mod is focused on the paintings, it is planned to add an NPC specialized in it, similar to the Angler in a way. But I am quite a newbie to modding and spriting.
So in principle i will try to add more content in little explored and more basic aspects of the game, such as marble caves, granite, beehive... while I learn more.
I know there are more mods that do this, but you have to start with something.

Now things:

(All NPCs are subject to change and improvement)
Meteorman.png
The Meteorman: Crashes on the surface when the meteorite falls, he had a space base where he worked with his martian friend, but it was destroyed. With the help of the dryad you can heal him. He will share with the player his knowledge helping him to improve the meteorite equipment.
Can spawn when a player has 'Meteorman Heart' in their inventory.
MeteormanHeart.png
Meteorman Heart: Crafted in any workbench with x10
Item_116.png
and x1
Item_29.png

Ninja.png
The Ninja: Help the guide by gathering information from the world, specializing in throwing weapons and stealth, the last time he was seen, he was investigating a rumor about some machines, together with Master-san, but both have recently disappeared.
Can give the player the following buffs: 'Shuriken Jutsu' and 'Ninja Stealth'.
Can spawn when 'Slime King' has been defeated.

Arqueologist.png
The Arqueologist: This fearless adventurer will help the player with basic items at the beginning of their adventure.
Can spawn when a player has 'Rope Coil' in their inventory.
It is planed as a substitute for the hallow tier.
HardenedMeteoriteOre.png
Hardened Meteorite Ore: It is obtained by hardening the meteorite with the solution prepared by the Meteorman. It needs a pickaxe with 150 power. Used to craft Refined Meteorite Bar.
RefinedMeteoriteBar.png
Refined Meteorite Bar: Crafted in any anvil with x4
HardenedMeteoriteOre.png
. It can be placed
RefinedMeteoriteBar.png
RefinedMeteoriteAnvil.png
Refined Meteorite Anvil: Carfted in a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil with a Iron/Lead Anvil and x10
RefinedMeteoriteBar.png
. Used to craft Refined Meteorite Armor.
RefinedMeteoriteHelmet.png
Refined Meteorite Helmet: Crafted in
with x12
RefinedMeteoriteBar.png

+ 10% increased melee damage.
+ 10% increased melee critical strike chance.
+ 10% increased melee speed.

RefinedMeteoriteHeadgear.png
Refined Meteorite Headgear: Crafted in
with x12
RefinedMeteoriteBar.png

+ 100 max mana.
+ 12% increased magic damage.
+ 12% increased melee critical strike chance.

RefinedMeteoriteMask.png
Refined Meteorite Mask: Crafted in
with x12
RefinedMeteoriteBar.png

+15% increased ranged damage.
+ 8% increased ranged critical strike chance.

RefinedMeteoriteHood.png
Refined Meteorite Hood: Crafted in
with x12
RefinedMeteoriteBar.png

+ Increases your max number of minions by 1.
+ Increases minion damage by 15%.

RefinedMeteoriteBreastplate.png
Refined Meteorite Breastplate: Crafted in
with x24
RefinedMeteoriteBar.png

+ 7% Increased critical strike chance.

RefinedMeteoriteLeggings.png
Refined Meteorite Leggings: Crafted in
with x18
RefinedMeteoriteBar.png

+ 7% increased damage.
+ 8% increased movement speed.
Immunity to 'On Fire','Burning' and lava"
Emits an aura of light"
Grants 'Meteor Body'
MeteorbodyBuff.png
buff when under 200 health"

Melee:
+ 19% Increased melee speed
+ 19% Increases movement speed
+ Increases maximum life by 25.
Magic:
+ 20% reduced mana usage.
Meteor Staff don't consume mana. (not implemented yet)
Ranged:
+ 20% chance to not consume ammo.
Summon:
Increases your max number of minions by 2.
RefinedMeteorSword.png
Refined Meteor Sword: Crafted in
with x24
RefinedMeteoriteBar.png

+58 damage.
+ 11% melee critical strike chance.
Can shoot meteor waves that pass through up to 5 enemies.
The favorite of cool people :cool:
MeteormanMask.png
Meteorman Mask: Sold by Meteorman when 'The Twins' has been defeated.
MeteormanBody.png
Meteorman Body: Sold by Meteorman when 'The Destroyer' has been defeated.
MeteormanLegs.png
MeteormanLegs: Sold by Meteorman when ' Skeletron Prime ' has been defeated.
MeteorClentaminator.png
Meteor Clentaminator: Pre-Hardmode Clentaminator, doesn't have autoshot. Sold By Meteorman, always avaliable.
MeteoriteSolution.png
Meteorite Solution: Transform Stone into meteorite. sold By Meteorman, always avaliable. Use with caution. :cool:
MeteoriteHardenerSolution.png
Meteorite Hardener: Transform meteorite ore into Hardened meteorite ore. Sold by Meteorman in hardmode.
ShurikenjutsuBuff.png
Shuriken Jutsu: Increases throwing damage, speed and critical strike chance.
StealthBuff.png
Ninja Stealth: Greatly reduced the aggro from enemies.
MeteorbodyBuff.png
Meteor Body: +20 Increased defense.

Suggestions, recommendations and stuff will be appreciated

Spanish support WIP.

Census Mod support.

Avaliable on tModLoader Mods menu.

Changelog:
v0.8.1
- Added a recipe for "Slime Staff".
- Added Furniture:
- - "Throwing Dummy Trainer" grants "Shuriken Jutsu buff" like Sharpening Station.(Craftable and sold by Ninja)
- Added Tool : Marble Fishing Pole
- Added Armors:
- - "Refined Meteorite Hat" (Throwing set) crafted at Refined Meteorite Anvil.
Other:
- Changed "Shuriken Jutsu buff", now "Increases throwing damage, speed and critical strike chance by 25%"
- Changed Meteor Pickaxe power to 60% (it's doesn't mine hellstone now)
- Changed minimun Pickaxe power to mine Hardened Meteorite Ore: 150% to 180% (Adamantite or Titanium Pickaxe required)
- Meteorman now sells "Meteorite Hardener" when a mech boss is defeated.
v0.8
- Added Ammo: Meteor Arrow.
- Added Painting: 'Calling for help'. (Craftable and sold by ninja)
- Added Item: Wyvern Scale.
- Added Armors:
- - Granite Armor crafted at furnace with granite.
- - Harpy Armor (2 helmets) crafted at Sky Mill with feathers.
- - Slime Coat (2 helmets) crafted at Workbench with gel.
- - Wyvern Armor crafted at Mythril/Orichalcum anvils with Wyvern Scales.
v0.7
- More Bug Fixes.
v0.6
- Bug Fixes.
v0.5
- Fixed update issues.
v0.4
- Added Light Pet: Living Space Rock.
- Added Mount: Meteorite Hoverboard.
- Added Painting: 'The Arrival'.
- Added Tools: Meteorite Pickaxe and Meteorite Fishing Pole.
- Added Weapons: Meteorite Boomerang, Meteorite Spear, Meteorite Yoyo and Meteorite Javelin.
v0.3
- Added mod icon.
v0.2
- Added forum link.
v0.1
- Mod release.

Credits:
Sensei - Newbie Development
Allul - Help with code.

Thanks to ExampleMod Team

Last edited:
From checking it out somewhat, these are my thoughts. The Meteor Pickaxe can be pretty OP given how easy it is to get in order to bypass having to fight (even if not win) EoW or BoC or fishing luck. How come a whole separate crafting station is needed to craft a set of early HM armor? Why not crafted from a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil? The Shuriken Jutsu buff is super OP, as it gives 200% more throwing damage on top of 200% crit chance, effectively giving you always 6 times more damage for throwing weapons. On throwing weapons, the Meteor Javelins are crafted from meteor ores unlike everything else requiring bars. The Refined Armor set has helmets for all but throwing. I know mods have been moving away from throwing related stuff, but it seems like an omission here when there's already some sort of throwing support. Maybe the helmets follow just how vanilla does it, but then it has a summer helmet which is only in 1.4 and even then, just for Hallowed armor. Interesting, we had the same ideas for a Wyvern armor specifically crafted from Wyvern Scales added.

Despite my criticisms, this isn't that bad for a first mod. You didn't just make a single sword and released it as an entire mod, plus you have some sort of documentation (this thread) and a non-default description that a handful of mods are uploaded with, plus no link to a mostly empty Discord server.

From checking it out somewhat, these are my thoughts. The Meteor Pickaxe can be pretty OP given how easy it is to get in order to bypass having to fight (even if not win) EoW or BoC or fishing luck. How come a whole separate crafting station is needed to craft a set of early HM armor? Why not crafted from a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil? The Shuriken Jutsu buff is super OP, as it gives 200% more throwing damage on top of 200% crit chance, effectively giving you always 6 times more damage for throwing weapons. On throwing weapons, the Meteor Javelins are crafted from meteor ores unlike everything else requiring bars. The Refined Armor set has helmets for all but throwing. I know mods have been moving away from throwing related stuff, but it seems like an omission here when there's already some sort of throwing support. Maybe the helmets follow just how vanilla does it, but then it has a summer helmet which is only in 1.4 and even then, just for Hallowed armor. Interesting, we had the same ideas for a Wyvern armor specifically crafted from Wyvern Scales added.

Despite my criticisms, this isn't that bad for a first mod. You didn't just make a single sword and released it as an entire mod, plus you have some sort of documentation (this thread) and a non-default description that a handful of mods are uploaded with, plus no link to a mostly empty Discord server.
Thanks for the criticism @TheLoneGamer, I'll see to adjust some changes. Regarding the suggestions:
- The pickaxe was created with the meteorite conditions for 1.4, my mistake.
- Throwing: You're right about the helmet for a throwing set, counting that I do some support for throwing. The buff was initially going to work differently, but I wasn't able to do it yet, I'll see to adjust it similarly to the other damage types.
- The station of creation, I never had it very clear, I'll give it a spin.
- The set is prepared to be a counterpart to the Hallowed one, there was an error in the pickaxe power needed to acquire it.

Back
Top Bottom