tModLoader (CANCLED) Tides of Aether

Mod Update(6/21/2021):
unknown.png

For the past few months we have been busy with working on our world gen changes along with getting our partial hell rework into a state where its acceptable to be in a release version of the mod and that we can also build on it later.
We have also been busy reworking the lance weapons to get them to a point where they are fluid and easy to use and also feel good to use. This does include a rework of the gunlances as well, they have been completely reworked to now make them mechanically intertwined with the lances, but should, hopefully still be fun to use.

Lance rework:
Lance are now a more counter attack focused playstyle, with a timed perfect block you now get a powerful counter lunge attack

Gunlance reworks:
Gunlances are now functionally similar to lances, a timed perfect block will grant you with a powerful shelling attack

Mod development has been slow, as we have a small team that cannot work on the mod at all times, but we have been working hard to get the mod to a state where it can be released.
if you wana help with the mod we are looking for more developers,
if you think you're up to the task, were in need of:
Spriters
Animators
and programmers
you can contact us via the official Tides of Aether discord server

A vote was held in the official ToA discord server to determine the next accessory spoiler, and the winner was Summoner!
gilded kinsect charm demo.gif

Introducing the Gilded Kinsect Charm: a side grade to the normal Kinsect charm, the Gilded version instead summons a golden moth to "fight" for you, the moth isnt very good at fighting, but it will occasionally drop healing green essence and a special blue essence that will grant you a buff that increases your max minion slots by 1 for a time.

if you would like to join the official Tides of Aether discord server you can join here

wings potion demo.gif

introducing the wings potion: the name says it all really, a potion that gives you set of wings, they aren't the best wings, but that's the trade off for not having wings take up an accessory slot, and if you already have wings? then the potion just gives you a flight time boost

Ah yeah!

I know that alchemist NPC/AFKPets (don't remember which one) had a Redbull item (that gives you wings, obviously) so this was done before, but while that was a clever and funny joke item (and the wings it gave you were angel wings, not custom ones), a more serious approach is appreciated.

Ah yeah!

I know that alchemist NPC/AFKPets (don't remember which one) had a Redbull item (that gives you wings, obviously) so this was done before, but while that was a clever and funny joke item (and the wings it gave you were angel wings, not custom ones), a more serious approach is appreciated.
I figured the concept wasn't totally original, but im glad the extra effort makes it stand out

Ah yeah!

It's afkpets (you can get wing both from that, active minion's blessing or trinket) but still this ones sprite looks really beautiful. Good work on that.

I just saw this mod being show-cased on an "anticipated mods list", and now I totally see why it made that list! I'm really looking forward to this one as well! I also just got into Monster Hunter with World and Rise so I really like the addition of the weapons too!

Back
Top Bottom