tModLoader Wireless

I just can't get this to work, at all.

even though I get the message that things got connected correctly, nothing happens when activating the transmitters, I even went through the trouble of setting it up exactly as they are set up on your screenshot.

Unless there's something wrong there or the mod is conflicting with some other mod I'd like some input on what to do.

To be more precise, I have two teleporters set with a reciever and a transmitter on each, both having the transmitter and reciever connected to the teleporter without their wires touching, I even used different wire colors to make sure, I can connect things correctly with the coordinator since I get the successful message, although, when clicking on the transmitter (or using a lever), I hear the clicking sound of it activating and nothing at all happens.

PS: I did this on single player, even though I do plan on using this world for multiplayer once I finish building a starting base for me and the friends who will play

Last edited:
Just wanted to announce something: all of my mods (including Wireless) are now on GitHub: https://github.com/goldenapple3/Wireless

This means two things:
  1. From now on, all versions of Wireless will be hosted on there, even outdated ones. The Mod Broswer will still have the latest version.
  2. You can look at the source code without using tModReader.
I just can't get this to work, at all.

even though I get the message that things got connected correctly, nothing happens when activating the transmitters, I even went through the trouble of setting it up exactly as they are set up on your screenshot.

Unless there's something wrong there or the mod is conflicting with some other mod I'd like some input on what to do.

To be more precise, I have two teleporters set with a reciever and a transmitter on each, both having the transmitter and reciever connected to the teleporter without their wires touching, I even used different wire colors to make sure, I can connect things correctly with the coordinator since I get the successful message, although, when clicking on the transmitter (or using a lever), I hear the clicking sound of it activating and nothing at all happens.

PS: I did this on single player, even though I do plan on using this world for multiplayer once I finish building a starting base for me and the friends who will play
That is strange. I'll have to do some testing.
Are you using the latest version? Did you connect the wires to the bottom of the Transmitters/Receivers, or to the top? It only works at the bottom tile.

Well...
I'm using the version on tmodloader.
The wires are connected exactly like in your screenshots (could be the issue if those are for some reason outdated), I'm not sure what you mean with from the top or bottom tile.
Considering: 1 and 2 as the transmitter and receiver, and T the teleporter tiles.

1TTT2

There are wires between 1 and T, and 2 and T, without their wires touching each other. I've tried using different wire colors to create a touch pad on the teleporter (like in the screenshot), after that I use the coordinator between receiver 1 and transmitter 2, and receiver 2 and transmitter 1, and both times get a message saying that it worked, when using the teleport however, nothing happens.

I don't understand what you mean with connecting from the top or from the bottom of receivers and transmitters since they appear to be one tile only.

PS: I Just tried bringing a wire down from the transmitter and receivers to get them from the bottom tile, but it still didn't work so I believe that is not what you meant.

PPS: Clicking on the receivers or even making a switch or lever has the same effect, I hear the click sound, but nothing happens.

EDIT: The receivers and transmitters seem to be actually working, as they work for other purposes, on teleporters however they don't appear to do anything.

EDIT2: Just to make sure, I made the receiver connect to a teleport and a lamp at the same time to test it, the lamp was turning off and on wirelessly

EDIT3: I found the issue. Your transmitters and receivers do not work with any wire but the red one, which honestly makes the screenshot on the first post misleading but still, should be an easy fix for you and also an easy workaround on my end.

Last edited:

I am using the transmitters and receivers with all color wires, even mix colors just fine. You found a bug only for your own instance it would seem, and is possibly a mod conflict. If you have anything else editting wiring, then that is probably what's causing the conflict.

@goldenapple - I was wondering though, is there a possibility of adding a transceiver? One that both transmits and receives, so that I don't need a transmitter and a receiver and have to activate both at each side to set up a teleporter. That does get a tad cumbersome when I'm having to travel from one end of the world to the other so I can correctly configure the teleporter.

Are there any known mods that conflict with this one? I saw someone use the mods I am and that person could use this mod perfectly fine so I don't know what I am doing wrong. (Unless I am very stupid.)

Are there any known mods that conflict with this one? I saw someone use the mods I am and that person could use this mod perfectly fine so I don't know what I am doing wrong. (Unless I am very stupid.)

I just tested the mod a little bit to make sure there was nothing wrong. It works perfectly fine, but I didn't have any other mods enabled.

What mods were you using?

I am using: Wireless, Alchemist NPC, BaseMOd(Grealm), bluemagic, bosschecklist, calamity, cheatsheet, crystilium, ersion, fargowiltas, fishing3, Joost, MaxStackPlus, MOreChestLoot, omniswing, Pillaritemsplus, pumpking, reduced grinding, shorter respawn, solutions, spirit, terraria expansion, Thorium, Tremor, true eater, wingslot, Zoaklen, Zocklukas

OK I just disabled ALL my mods and tried this and it is just not working. It may be because I am an idiot and am not setting it up correctly, I do not know...

If you look at my screenshot, is that correctly setup? If so I have no clue..

http://prntscr.com/f3regi

Are you playing on a server or singleplayer? I haven't tested multiplayer, so that might be the problem...
Singleplayer.

Could you possibly tell me if my setup is actually correct? So I first put down the red one(idk the name) and then link it to a switch (or not) and then I place the green one and then put walls behind it. I then link the green one with wires to the wall and then link them with the config thingy. I then can press the red one and it should teleport me to the linked green one. If that is incorrect we have found my problem :p.

Singleplayer.
Then I have no idea.
Try putting the Receiver further away from the Gemspark Blocks and connecting wire from just one side. It could be because you have wire coming out from 3 different sides at once. (that shouldn't be a problem, though, but try it anyway)
Also when using the Coordinate Configurator, make sure to click on the bottom part of the Receiver/Transmitter, not the antenna.

Then I have no idea.
Try putting the Receiver further away from the Gemspark Blocks and connecting wire from just one side. It could be because you have wire coming out from 3 different sides at once. (that shouldn't be a problem, though, but try it anyway)
Also when using the Coordinate Configurator, make sure to click on the bottom part of the Receiver/Transmitter, not the antenna.
I have done all of that and No luck...

It's Really Nice Bec:In The Normal Vanilla Terraria You Need To Place Wires And Connect Things With Each Other (Lets Say You Want To Make A Teleporter To The Under World Instead Of hopping Down Your Hellivator)This Will Be A Little Nice Addition To Terraria

Back
Top Bottom