tModLoader Wireless

I would recommend the wireless bits and bots be sold by the mechanic. Teleporters aren't the only thing that uses or can use wireless. Like dart traps or Doors

I would recommend the wireless bits and bots be sold by the mechanic. Teleporters aren't the only thing that uses or can use wireless. Like dart traps or Doors
My logic was that the Steampunker has access to some advanced teleport-y technology since she can build Teleporters, and she uses the same tech to make wireless things.
Anyway, I'm not going to change the NPC because that would only confuse people.

Last edited:
I have an issue of my own (I have not seen it addressed in this thread, so I hope I didn't overlook it). I am trying to set up a teleporter hub (I made a sort of 'magic door' that has switches to connect it to 6 other teleporters). The issue is, when I wire a second set of transmitters and receivers to the same teleporter, nothing happens. Is this just a feature? Am I only allowed one wireless device per teleporter? Or am I just wiring incorrectly? The first wired teleporter works, but any subsequent connections do nothing at all.

My logic was that the Steampunker has access to some advanced teleport-y technology since she can build Teleporters, and she uses the same tech to make wireless things.
Anyway, I'm not going to change the NPC because that would only confuse people.
It could be worse. At least it's not "This is future-tech. The Cyborg has it." `:p

So am I stupid (...actually, don't answer that), or do transceivers not work with each other?

I tried connecting 2 teleporters using 1 each, but nothing happened when I activated them. Checked my wiring, triple checked my connections; nada. And this was in singleplayer too. Either transceivers need something special to be toggled, or they don't work. That, or I'm missing something critical here.

So am I stupid (...actually, don't answer that), or do transceivers not work with each other?

I tried connecting 2 teleporters using 1 each, but nothing happened when I activated them. Checked my wiring, triple checked my connections; nada. And this was in singleplayer too. Either transceivers need something special to be toggled, or they don't work. That, or I'm missing something critical here.

Wires only trip the same color wire on the other side. So, you need red wire <=> transciever <=> transciever <=> red wire in order to end up with the wires on both sides working.

Beyond that, it's the same as the unidirectional versions.

Wires only trip the same color wire on the other side. So, you need red wire <=> transciever <=> transciever <=> red wire in order to end up with the wires on both sides working.

Beyond that, it's the same as the unidirectional versions.

Weird, I had exactly that setup and got nada. The setup I was trying was a teleporter at spawn linked to one in the left ocean (so I can keep my NPCs from getting murdered during events and such). ...Wait, now that I think about it, this is probably an issue with the Large World Enabler, isn't it...

Weird, I had exactly that setup and got nada. The setup I was trying was a teleporter at spawn linked to one in the left ocean (so I can keep my NPCs from getting murdered during events and such). ...Wait, now that I think about it, this is probably an issue with the Large World Enabler, isn't it...

Not impossible. What happens if you try it for items inside the "traditional" world boundaries -- the leftmost 8400 blocks, the topmost 2400 blocks?

Not impossible. What happens if you try it for items inside the "traditional" world boundaries -- the leftmost 8400 blocks, the topmost 2400 blocks?

Well, a regular transmitter/receiver pairing works just fine in that same setup, so my guess would be that the issue is specifically with transceivers. I've yet to test anything else, but a positional issue (referencing traditionally invalid coordinates) sounds accurate.

Well, a regular transmitter/receiver pairing works just fine in that same setup, so my guess would be that the issue is specifically with transceivers. I've yet to test anything else, but a positional issue (referencing traditionally invalid coordinates) sounds accurate.
I've tested this in singleplayer (without Large World Enabler), and it works fine for me. I highly doubt LWE causes it because my mod really doesn't care about how valid the coordinates are if the player can click there.

Did you pair them just once or did you run back and forth? (either one should work but I'm just wondering) Did it say "Linked successfully"? How exactly do you trigger them?

Did you pair them just once or did you run back and forth? (either one should work but I'm just wondering) Did it say "Linked successfully"? How exactly do you trigger them?

The setup I tried using was a transceiver located on the tile right next to a teleporter, with a single red wire connecting them, and activating them by directly toggling them (with the right click, like you can with transmitters). I did indeed verify that they were linked successfully, but nothing would happen when attempting to trigger them.

The setup I tried using was a transceiver located on the tile right next to a teleporter, with a single red wire connecting them, and activating them by directly toggling them (with the right click, like you can with transmitters). I did indeed verify that they were linked successfully, but nothing would happen when attempting to trigger them.
Sorry for replying late. I just figured out what was wrong.

When you right-click on a Transmitter/Transciever, it activates the wires only on the receiving end. The transmitter Teleporter doesn't get activated, and you need both of them to trigger at once.

If you're using teleporters, you should use a Switch/Pressure Plate instead of just right-clicking. That's a silly mistake, but I should clarify that on the main page.

From now on, Wireless (and all my other mods) will be maintained by Zerokk.

I've mentioned before that I'm stepping down from Terraria modding for some time to work on other projects as well as my personal life (which I currently don't have). I may come back eventually, but for now it's better if someone more active in the community continues my work.

The new thread can be found here, this one will be closed soon.

I'm back to modding, and to celebrate, I made icons for all of my mods.

Wireless gets one, too:
2qhctZm.png

It also has support for hamstar's Mod Helpers.

I finally did it. I now have a Discord server. Not sure if anyone cares all that much, but I did it anyway.

Also I added instructions for a support banner icon in the OP.
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/wireless.48915/page-5'][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/2qhctZm.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
I missed this mod a while ago (was searching for teleport) so I made my own mod for wireless teleports with central servers.
Now I don't know if I should publish it since it kinda exists.

So my question is would you be opposed to me publishing it?

one of the best mod can't live without anymore.
i hope you will update it for the upcoming tmodloader/terraria version
cause its AWESOME

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom