Items [Wiring]Inverse Transponder

Choose your thoughts on this. Hopefully they're shown.

• Good suggestion.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Mediocre suggestion.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Bad suggestion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the inverse transponder sprite.

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

shobiwan77

King Slime
Here is my third suggestion. Every time I think up a suggestion I attempt to think of an item that will add something new to the game in a way that provides ways of doing things not possible before. This is a suggestion for another wiring item.

Inverse Transponder
YDGWFtJ.gif

• Type: Mechanism
  • Dimensions: 1 x 1
  • Sold by the Mechanic for 25
    Silver_Coin.png
Inverse transponders are placed, removed, and visible under the same rules as actuators. The only difference is that they can only be placed on tiles that are occupied by some sort of mechanism or intractable furniture that has an area of at least two blocks. For example: any form of door, levers, campfires, crafting stations, ammo boxes and the like, monoliths, the Lihzahrd altar, music boxes, weapon racks and item frames . Also this cannot be placed on the same tile as actuators, sensors or ID transmitters (another one of my suggestions).

The use of these is that when placed and wired up they will allow you to reverse the use of many mechanisms. Because it would be too confusing to give a general overview of the uses I will instead give a quick description of the each kind of mechanism they may be used with. I will also give a short description of the mechanisms normal use.

Doors
Wooden_Door.png
Trap_Door.png
Tall_Gate.png

• Normal - May be opened or closed either by the player or through wiring.
  • Inverse - When opened or closed the inverse transponder will send an electrical signal like a lever or switch.

Levers
Lever.png
Detonator.png

• Normal - Sends a signal when clicked on by player.
  • Inverse - When a signal is received on the tile that has the inverse transponder the lever will flip as if clicked on by the player.
Campfires
Campfire.png

• Normal - When activated by player or wire, the fire in them either goes out or is re-lit, depending on whether or not it's lit.
  • Inverse - When extinguished or lit the inverse transponder will send a signal.
Crafting Stations
Work_Bench.png
Furnace.png
Iron_Anvil.png

• Normal - Can be used by player to craft items.
  • Inverse - This one is a bit odd, but it sends a signal whenever a player uses it for crafting. To prevent people from using this as a super engine it will have a cool down of half a second.
Class Buffing Furniture
Sharpening_Station.png
Crystal_Ball.png
Ammo_Box.png
Bewitching_Table.png

• Normal - When clicked on by the player each gives the player a 10 minute buff to a specific class.
  • Inverse - When clicked on by the player the inverse transponder will send a signal.
Monoliths
Vortex_Monolith.png
Nebula_Monolith.png
Stardust_Monolith.png
Solar_Monolith.png

• Normal - When activated by player or wire the monolith will begin floating and change the background.
  • Inverse - When clicked on by the player the inverse transponder will send a signal.
Lihzahrd Altar
Lihzahrd_Altar.png

• Normal - Summons the Golem when a Lihzahrd power cell is placed in this by the player.
  • Inverse - The inverse transponder will send a signal when a power cell is placed in the altar.
Music Boxes
Music_Box.png

• Normal - When activated by player or wire the music box changes the background music in the game.
Weapon Racks/Item Frames
Weapon_Rack.png
Item_Frame.png

• Normal - There isn't actually any normal mechanical use for these, but, as I've said in another one of my suggestions, I think that these two items should send a signal every time an item is placed or removed from them.
  • Inverse - When it receives a signal, if there is any item currently in the rack, the inverse transponder will eject the item from the rack.

These are the mechanisms and furniture that came to mind when I was making this. If anyone thinks I missed something please tell me. I hope you understand what this mechanism does and the uses of it. To me one of the biggest uses would be in the making of adventure maps and traps. I would also like to say that the only sprite in this whole post was the sprite for the inverse transponder
YDGWFtJ.gif
. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you'll look at my other suggestions.

Last edited:
Oh, I had a similar idea in my thread, the Hidden Switch, which turns any block/wall into a switch, but also can detect player interactions with some interactable furniture, for example: A chest can emit two signals, first when player opens it, and second when player closes it.

Instantly turn anything into a lever? Definitely support.
Thanks!
Oh, I had a similar idea in my thread, the Hidden Switch, which turns any block/wall into a switch, but also can detect player interactions with some interactable furniture, for example: A chest can emit two signals, first when player opens it, and second when player closes it.
Yeah, I've seen that thread before. Some of it sounds cool.

Weapon Racks/Item Frames
Weapon_Rack.png
Item_Frame.png

• Normal - There isn't actually any normal mechanical use for these, but, as I've said in another one of my suggestions, I think that these two items should send a signal every time an item is placed or removed from them.
  • Inverse - When it receives a signal, if there is any item currently in the rack, the inverse transponder will eject the item from the rack.
I've added another section to the thread that deals with another suggestion I just made.

Music Boxes
Music_Box.png

• Normal - When activated by player or wire the music box changes the background music in the game.
I added music boxes. Didn't think to add them when I made the thread, but becuase I was editing it earlier today it got me thinking.

Back
Top Bottom