PC Wiring Timer-Based Delay

TheGamerMan757

Steampunker
So, I'm trying to make a system that turns on and off the lights of my village using the light sensors, and that's easy enough but I noticed there's a problem. At 4:30; dawn; when the lights turn off the lights inside the house make the house too dim.
This isn't really a big problem at all. It's just aesthetics, but I decided to try to wire up 5-second timers in a chain to try to form a delay for the light turn off function. It's not working. I wired it up like this:
2RR7Dwx.png

The mess of yellow wire up at the top is the circuits connecting to the lights.

When one of the timers ends it's 5 seconds, it turns on the next one but doesn't appear to turn off. I just get a chain of two timers active at the same time, so when it gets to the end it turns off the lights but turns them on again.
How do I wire up these timers to make such a large delay?

Thanks for any help given.
:)

I'm unable to see your screenshot (my workplace blocks Imgur and other image hosting sites). But I'm guessing you have a timer connected to itself? My understanding is that timers can't turn themselves off.

If you connect both timers to an AND gate and connect the output of the AND gate to both timers, that might work for turning them off. (Output of AND is true only if both inputs are true.) Theoretically the AND gate wouldn't fire until both timers are active. I personally haven't tried this.

I'm unable to see your screenshot (my workplace blocks Imgur and other image hosting sites). But I'm guessing you have a timer connected to itself? My understanding is that timers can't turn themselves off.

If you connect both timers to an AND gate and connect the output of the AND gate to both timers, that might work for turning them off. (Output of AND is true only if both inputs are true.) Theoretically the AND gate wouldn't fire until both timers are active. I personally haven't tried this.
Well, no. It's a chain of timers. One timer is connected to another and the second connects to a third. (With different color wires, of course.)

Well, no. It's a chain of timers. One timer is connected to another and the second connects to a third. (With different color wires, of course.)

Best way to do this is either use actuators on darts, to keep pushing forward, or, put a logic gate after each timer so that it turns off the old one, and turns on the new one.

Back
Top Bottom