Wiring Timers and Traps

GreyGhost11B

Skeletron Prime
Is it possible to have spear traps or flamethrowers, for example, to be wired to multiple timers and then fire at a rate faster than once per second? I have tried to wire them up several different ways with multiple timers and still only get one firing per second.

No. Each trap has a cooldown period during which they can't be triggered again. You can however build batteries using many traps to increase DPS.

Spear Trap Battery (DicemanX):
HorsmansBladeArenaBattery.jpg HorsmansBladeArenaBatteryW.jpg

Dart Trap Battery (DicemanX):
HellFarmBatteryConsole.jpg HellFarmBatteryConsoleW.jpg

Wall of Fire (Stahn Aileron):
WallOfFire (StahnAileron).png WallOfFlameConsole.jpg WallOfFlameConsoleW.jpg

Last edited:
The other thing I am struggling with is actuators. If I understand correctly, they are supposed to allow movement through blocks, traps to shoot through traps, etc., correct? Tried to follow one of the console guides but the spear and flame traps did not fade into the background as instructed.

Hmm, I don't know why you're having trouble with actuators as they are working fine for me (and I'm on 360 too). They only give me trouble if I try to operate more than 1000 actuators at the same time using a single wire. But that limitation should be fixed in the next update.

Im guessing that its a wiring error, ive certainly never had any trouble with that once wired correctly.

OH, I have no doubt it is operator error. I simply do not know what I am doing wrong and as yet have been able to find a "Wiring for Dummies - Terraria Style" guide book with nice slow pictures yet.

Check out the video that I linked to in my first post. ZeroGravitas shows how things are done (although it goes by pretty quickly).

As for rotating traps, you can't (yet). It is rumoured that the 1.3.1 update for PC that's just around the corner will feature rotating traps. I'm guessing the hammer will be used for that.

Here is a few XboxOne examples of me using @DicemanX's timers to make some traps for my farms.
Turns a set cascading timers on and off that you could use to control a battery of traps. Had him stuck at the beginning, but if you simplify like in the second video it works better.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SOLIDUS 316/video/19223176

This one could be used to power LOTS of different things over and over again as he will continue to be forced over the plates continuously.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SOLIDUS 316/video/19249237

This one could power a few outputs at once. In the video I power the hoik teeth in @ZeroGravitas' Turbo Truffle worm farm that i built
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SOLIDUS 316/video/19249247

I recommend watching @DicemanX's timers video.
[doublepost=1468809487,1468809102][/doublepost]
So I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. Thought that the actuators only had to be touching the block or trap, not a actually sitting right on top of it. See? Operator error! All good now. Thanks for the replies and help.
Yea that adjacent wiring bug was fixed in this last update.

Back
Top Bottom