Sprites [Wiring]Wireless Transmitter

shobiwan77

King Slime
Don't worry this isn't another thread suggesting an item that allows an instant signal from one point to another without any wires laid in between. No, instead this is a thread suggesting an item that can send a wiring signal from specific tiles when used.

divider.png

Empty Wireless Transmitter
CQ3CCZd.png

• Type: Tool
  • Sold by the Goblin Tinker for 10
    Gold_Coin.png
    once one mechanical boss has been defeated.
Empty Wireless Receiver
74WgjPV.png

• Type: Furniture - Mechanism
  • Dimensions: 1 by 1
  • Sold by the Goblin Tinker for 30
    Silver_Coin.png
    once one mechanical boss has been defeated.
divider.png

Wireless Transmitter Model R
zYfIHKh.png

• Recipe:
    CQ3CCZd.png
    Empty Wireless Transmitter(1) +
    Red_Team_Block.png
    Red Team Block(5) =
    zYfIHKh.png
    Wireless Transmitter Model R(1)
  • Notes: Sends a signal through every Wireless Receiver Model R when used.
There are also other transmitters for every other team color in the game. They are crafted the same way as the Model R but with different colored team blocks, and function in the same way but with their own matching receivers.
uynEpVN.png
uMEdRA3.png
4qoADQz.png
IxuHdGf.png
04dfxg2.png

These are Models P, B, G, Y and W respectively.
Wireless Transmitter Model A
vBUTJkC.png

• Crafted by combing one of every type of Wireless Transmitter at a Tinker's Workshop.
  • Notes: Right clicking would open up a grand design like menu to decide what colored signals to send when you left click. Also, I know the sprite stinks, but I couldn't figure out anything better. If you can please send me it.
divider.png

Wireless Receiver Model R
XHirc3b.png

• Type: Furniture - Mechanism
  • Dimensions: 1 by 1
  • Recipe:
    74WgjPV.png
    Empty Wireless Receiver(1) +
    Red_Team_Block.png
    Red Team Block(5) =
    XHirc3b.png
    Red Receiver Model R(1)
  • Notes: Sends a wiring signal whenever a Wireless Transmitter Model R is used.
As with the transmitters, there are also other receivers for every other team color in the game. They are crafted the same way as the Model R but with different colored team blocks, and function in the same way but with their own matching transmitters.
z49ImrS.png
lrKvUsj.png
F3B5qCZ.png
VwD4diK.png
HntjtzB.png

These are Models P, B, G, Y and W respectively.
divider.png

Now I'd like to say that the receivers send signals identically to every other thing that sends signals, and that each sends a separate signal. For example, if you had two of these hooked up to teleporters and stood on one using the corresponding transmitter, you would not be teleported to the other teleporter. Also I know it seems a bit odd to have these items sold by the Goblin Tinker, but I feel like he's basically useless in hardmode. So I thought I'd give these to him. That's all.

Last edited:
Why is transmitter G more expensive than R? Other than that, pretty good suggestion that could be useful in adventure maps.

Why is transmitter G more expensive than R? Other than that, pretty good suggestion that could be useful in adventure maps.
Originally I was going to have them the same, but I thought I'd have it be more expensive because it's an additional one. Think I should make them the same?

I've majorly reworked this thread, adding in four new colors for the transmitters and receivers.
uMEdRA3.png
uynEpVN.png
04dfxg2.png
IxuHdGf.png
lrKvUsj.png
z49ImrS.png
HntjtzB.png
VwD4diK.png

Also, because there are so many colors now, the Goblin Tinker will no longer sell all of these. Instead he will sell an empty transmitter and receiver that can be crafted into these.
CQ3CCZd.png
74WgjPV.png

Wireless Transmitter Model D
idISjjZ.png

• Crafted by combing the two other Wireless Transmitters at a Tinker's Workshop.
  • Notes: Sends a signal through every Wireless Receiver Model R when left-clicked, and a signal through the Model G when right-clicked.
Because there are more than two types of transmitters/receivers, this item will no longer work. I'm going to have to redo it with possibly some sort of Grand Design like menu, but it may be a while.

This would be very useful for creating doors that require a certain "clearance" and would be helpful for making team-exclusive liars.

Cool suggestion. I can think of a lot of uses for this.

i wasn't paying attention while i was typing and almost said "sex" instead of "uses" (thanks autocorrect)

Cool suggestion. I can think of a lot of uses for this.

i wasn't paying attention while i was typing and almost said "sex" instead of "uses" (thanks autocorrect)
Thanks, hopefully I'll be able to update it soon.
[doublepost=1483150723,1483150565][/doublepost]
This would be very useful for creating doors that require a certain "clearance" and would be helpful for making team-exclusive liars.
That's one of the main things I made it for.

Hello
I like the idea!!
It's a shame that when you upgrade to 1.3 some of this will not be implemented.

I went past that eh wanted to connect a teleporter from my house (half the map) to the sea (at the end of the map) and having to throw a whole line of cables to connect them, a lot of work and money spent on cables.

P.S: Written with google translate

----

Hola
Me gusta la idea!!
Es una pena que cuando se actualizo a la 1.3 no se implementara algo de esto.

Me a pasado que eh querido conectar un teletransportador de mi casa (mitad del mapa) al mar (en el final del mapa) y tener que tirar toda una linea de cables para conectarlos, muchisimo trabajo y gasto de dinero en los cables.

Hello
I like the idea!!
It's a shame that when you upgrade to 1.3 some of this will not be implemented.

I went past that eh wanted to connect a teleporter from my house (half the map) to the sea (at the end of the map) and having to throw a whole line of cables to connect them, a lot of work and money spent on cables.

P.S: Written with google translate

----

Hola
Me gusta la idea!!
Es una pena que cuando se actualizo a la 1.3 no se implementara algo de esto.

Me a pasado que eh querido conectar un teletransportador de mi casa (mitad del mapa) al mar (en el final del mapa) y tener que tirar toda una linea de cables para conectarlos, muchisimo trabajo y gasto de dinero en los cables.
That isn't really what these would do. They only let you remotely send a signal, but the wires would still need to be connecting the teleporters for it to work.

Wireless Transmitter Model A
vBUTJkC.png

• Crafted by combing one of every type of Wireless Transmitter at a Tinker's Workshop.
  • Notes: Right clicking would open up a grand design like menu to decide what colored signals to send when you left click. Also, I know the sprite stinks, but I couldn't figure out anything better. If you can please send me it.
Added this to the suggestion, replacing outdated content.

Wireless wiring? Amazing awesome idea! Then I can link up the telepads without any wire.

Why not even add a wifi with speakers connected to the music boxes. So you won't need multiple the same music boxes?

Wireless wiring? Amazing awesome idea! Then I can link up the telepads without any wire.
It wouldn't allow you to do that. It's more like the receivers are switches and the transmitters flip those switches so that you don't have to be standing there to flip a switch. They would only be able to activate teleporters already booked up to each other by wire.

It wouldn't allow you to do that. It's more like the receivers are switches and the transmitters flip those switches so that you don't have to be standing there to flip a switch. They would only be able to activate teleporters already booked up to each other by wire.

Oh ok. Like a master or remote control that flip switches to activate other things by other switches?

Back
Top Bottom