tModLoader WiseCorp Vanities

WiseCorp Vanities is a small mod that adds a few vanity items and associated accessories to the game.

Currently, there are only a handful of items however I am willing to expand should people have requests as to what I should implement; I am both a novice spriter and 'programmer' so the quality of such items should be questionable.

I'm also really not sure how to word such a thread, so I will just list off all the items in the mod and what they do.

Materials:

The mod currently adds one new material, that being Suspicious Steel. One bar of such a mysterious substance requires an iron or lead bar, an iron or lead hammer and a lava bucket. That's a lot of metal, with each costing 14 iron/lead bars or 42 corresponding ore. The idea was that you could begin crafting the associated items from an early point in the game, but the process of acquiring all would take you quite some time, whether it be down to a shortage of iron or accompanying materials locking it until later on. Crafting all items requires 27 (?) bars.

SuspiciousSteel.png

Weapons:

One new weapon is currently added, and is mostly used to complete an aesthetic. This sword is the Shadowsaber, crafted using one of each of the Hardmode Phasesabers and 10 Suspicious Steel. Whilst this is also a hefty crafting recipe, it offers a small upgrade over its counterparts whilst looking cool in the process. I chose not to make huge changes to damage and whatnot as I want to preserve the (relatively) pure vanity focus seen elsewhere in the mod.
Shadowsaber.png

Accessories:

The only accessory that the mod adds is a set of wings known as the 'Twilight Raven Jetpack'. It's purpose is almost entirely aesthetic- it has no flight time but retains the ability to negate fall damage. It fits perfectly with vanity sets seen elsewhere in WiseCorp, and is crafted with 5 Suspicious Steel at an Anvil. I intended for this item to be used as a cosmetic only but feel free to do with it as you wish.

BoKatanJetpack.png

Vanity:

Ah yes, the moment you have all been waiting for, the (rather small and withered) heart of the mod. WiseCorp Vanities adds four new cosmetic pieces, three of which belong to a set. First, however, is the Blue Cultist Archer Hood, which is almost a direct replica of the headgear that our friends over at the dungeon wear. It doesn't have an associated robe, however it looks brilliant with the existing items sold by the Clothier. It is crafted at an Ancient Manipulator for 10 Silk - a cheap craft to negate the expensiveness of both endgame and this mod.

The Twilight Raven set is the figurehead of this mod, adding three parts that are largely inspired by Bo-Katan's armour from the Mandalorian (in case you hadn't gathered that already). It consists of the Helmet, crafted with 3 Suspicious Steel, the Chestplate, crafted with 5, and the Greaves, crafted with 4. It is a perfect fit for the above jetpack, and maybe you might want to try it out with the Shadowsaber to really complete the look. There isn't much more to say other than it was fun to sprite.

CultistMask.png
BoKatanHelmet.png
BoKatanChestplate.png
BoKatanGreaves.png

Notes and Credits:

As aforementioned, I listen with great interest to any suggestions you might have, whether it be for new content or alterations of existing assets. Whilst I was initially closed off to the idea of publishing my work I thought that some people might find this mod fun or interesting, and the 100 downloads I received within about a week of release have encouraged me to carry on developing. I wouldn't expect regular updates as I currently only have one item planned (Possessed Armour Helmet anyone?) but this could be amplified should people have any requests.

I would like to thank the creators of the 'Mandalorian and Boba Fett Armor' and 'StarWars Vanity' mods, as they provided some inspiration when it came to the Twilight Raven set. They have some really cool stuff going on over there too and are updated frequently; I am under the assumption they don't mind having their names here.
Furthermore, the tModLoader Discord server has also been of great use and I consulted with the experts over there on countless occasions- they were incredibly helpful and patient, especially when dealing with my novice-ness.
Thanks go to Disney for not barraging me with copyright strikes (please let me be, this is a non-profit organisation for the benefit of Terraria and Star Wars fans) and continuing to not do so (please leave me alone :S)
And thank you to anyone who has read this page or even been as kind as to download my mod; I hope it is as you expected and as always please leave your feedback either here or at my Discord handle Wise#1065 (if you can't find me try searching my name on the official Terraria Discord- I'm the one with the Snow Golem profile).

Have a good one.

Bo-Katan_GIFFullArmor.gif

Downloads:

WiseCorp V0.2.1 Download

Changelog:

v0.1 - Added Cultist Archer Bag Vanity Headgear
v0.1.1 - Renamed above item to Blue Cultist Hood, and made the inventory item bigger.
v0.2 - Added the Twilight Raven vanity set, including a vanity jetpack (based off Bo-Katan's armor from the Mandalorian and the Clone Wars)
- Added Suspicious Steel, a material used to craft the above items (One piece of Steel requires 1 iron/lead bar, a lava bucket and an iron/lead hammer)
v0.2.1 - Thanks for 100 downloads! What started as just a custom vanity set has spiralled into something really cool! As a thanks, I have added the Shadowsaber (based upon the Darksaber seen in the above Star Wars entries). It comes with a nudging tooltip and a slightly higher damage output than its Phasesaber counterparts (it costs a hefty price for such minimal improvement but I wanted to avoid interfering with balancing and instead maintain vanity-esque content)
v0.2.2 - Added a link to this glorious homepage

I have an idea why not over complicate things and make it so the cultist stuff comes from lunatic cultist treasure bag, I mean it's already kinda of in game

I have an idea why not over complicate things and make it so the cultist stuff comes from lunatic cultist treasure bag, I mean it's already kinda of in game
It’s a brilliant idea but one that I think might be a little excessive just for the sake of having a nice way of obtaining the vanity. My expertise are almost certainly limited when it comes to altering existing vanilla items.

This mod looks amazing. I like these little mods that might not seem much but are perfect. If I may suggest, is it possible to make a boss. Maybe something like the Rancor from star wars or the mudhorn from The Mandolorian. You can always re name these bosses in case of copyright from disney hehe.

This mod looks amazing. I like these little mods that might not seem much but are perfect. If I may suggest, is it possible to make a boss. Maybe something like the Rancor from star wars or the mudhorn from The Mandolorian. You can always re name these bosses in case of copyright from disney hehe.
Sorry for the slightly late reply, I haven't been working on this too much since I released the Shadowsaber. I'm not sure whether I would be comfortable adding a boss, as, as aforementioned, I am trying to keep it mainly related to vanity. Even changing the damage of the only weapon in the mod was quite a step outside of what I originally intended, though I thought it was necessary due to the hefty crafting recipe.

Back
Top Bottom