With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

The only thing I'm curious about is if you set Journey Mode to Expert difficulty do you get treasure bags from bosses? I'd totally play this mode to let me build and :red: without grinding horribly for the materials (or using a mod, which will all be outdated for a while) while still having identical challenge to before, but I'd like the same rewards too lol. We shall see I guess.

I won't play this personally, but I think this is revolutionary for builders and people who just want to have fun and not grind! If you set the difficulty to Expert or Master, will the exclusive items drop?

I have one question, if we set the difficulty to Expert or Master, will we get drop rates and exclusive drops related to that difficulty setting?

I won't play this personally, but I think this is revolutionary for builders and people who just want to have fun and not grind! If you set the difficulty to Expert or Master, will the exclusive items drop?

This wait is killing me, every spoiler makes me want the update even more

1588791941235.png

Last edited:
This is cool and all... but if there's a post for Journey mode, there has to be one for Master Mode. Can't wait to see those.

The only thing I'm curious about is if you set Journey Mode to Expert difficulty do you get treasure bags from bosses? I'd totally play this mode to let me build and :red: without grinding horribly for the materials (or using a mod, which will all be outdated for a while) while still having identical challenge to before, but I'd like the same rewards too lol. We shall see I guess.
This is my main question too, this would help my builder incredibly and the spawn, time, and weather adjusters would be great for grinding things out, but I need to know I can still get the expert drops

They may have put a lot of work into the sprite work and functionality but that doesn't change the fact that you can get a better creative mode with Cheat sheet and Hero's mod
Hey, it is a limited creative mode, I like it, I like how you have to get progression in order to have duplicated items of one sort. It’s nice, and although it isn’t as much of a creative mode like cheat shear or hero’s mod, just be grateful.

10x enemy spawn rates and master mode difficulty sounds insanely fun! Best implementation of creative mode I've ever seen! How can an update to a 9 year old game be so damn good?

They may have put a lot of work into the sprite work and functionality but that doesn't change the fact that you can get a better creative mode with Cheat sheet and Hero's mod
The thing is this isn't just creative mode, otherwise they'd call it creative mode, this is supposed to be fully playable as a normal run. By making you actually get the item in the first place, and have to actively sacrifice it to dupe it, its much easier for a person to have self control. like I may allow myself to dupe torches, but I can much more easily not just rain out 100 terra blades
Besides, with official mod support cheat sheet for 100% creative mode will probably be available in a couple months.

I just had that Terraria-driven mini-heart-attack. That's always fun.

So, I hope I didn't just miss it, but is Research and Duplication world-based or character-based? In other words, if I give the interface 100 torches and then go into a new world, will I have researched that torch? Or will I have to give that Journey Mode world 100 torches to unlock it?

Back
Top Bottom