With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

the only thing that bothers me is that you need to earn items.... I understand it but I got that feeling where you need 100 of the same weapon in order to get it.....

also what if I want to summon enemies and bosses without being in their respective biome or summoning them manually (since I would love 1000 face monsters in a world of corruption where there isn't a single piece of crimson)

This is definitely a unique way to do creative mode. I do not think that I will use duplication, but the fact that it is now in the game is incredibly pleasing to me.

Hmm ... will we be able to get high-level loot from bosses in travel mode?
Treasure Bags?

I really like that you have to work and earn the full on creative mode, gives me another objective to work towards!

I almost would like to see the Research and Duplicate mechanic become available in regular modes too - but only for decorative items, furniture, paint, blocks, tiles, statues and such. That way I'd be more happy to build fancy houses in regular gameplay without having to grind for materials, especially the more exotic ones, like ore-based building blocks (adamantite tiles and the like).

If it were gated behind bosses to unlock certain types of blocks, it'd be fair too.

the only thing that bothers me is that you need to earn items.... I understand it but I got that feeling where you need 100 of the same weapon in order to get it.....

also what if I want to summon enemies and bosses without being in their respective biome or summoning them manually (since I would love 1000 face monsters in a world of corruption where there isn't a single piece of crimson)
You only need one to dupe an item/weapon/accessory for infinite. If we don't change it between now and release it takes 3 boss summon items to unlock infinite. We also made it so you can create the opposite infection in your world if you choose to do so. :)

If we don't change it between now and release it takes 3 boss summon items to unlock infinite. We also made it so you can create the opposite infection in your world if you choose to do so. :)
This is huge as well, Journey Mode is like a QoL update within a QoL update

Is it possible to convert a Journey mode world into a Normal/Expert/Master mode world?

that would be really cool for making maps or server spawn areas

This is gonna be awesome! :D
With this mode, and over 5000 new items and a boatload of other content, this will make play the game since a long time

The only thing I'm curious about is if you set Journey Mode to Expert difficulty do you get treasure bags from bosses? I'd totally play this mode to let me build and :red: without grinding horribly for the materials (or using a mod, which will all be outdated for a while) while still having identical challenge to before, but I'd like the same rewards too lol. We shall see I guess.

I have one question, if we set the difficulty to Expert or Master, will we get drop rates and exclusive drops related to that difficulty setting?

Yep.

They may have put a lot of work into the sprite work and functionality but that doesn't change the fact that you can get a better creative mode with Cheat sheet and Hero's mod

Good thing we weren't trying to make Creative Mode then. %-_-

Research money be like:

stonks

Back
Top Bottom