With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

cool, but how the hell are adventure map makers going to make their things without having players cheat in items? why can't you convert the world to be playable in a mode like normal/expert/master?

i think golem is going to get a rage mode when out of the temple, and he could get some attacks where he uses spikey balls
This seems really cool but I wonder how it will work on controller
i imagine itll be like a new inventory thing by pressing l1 r1(ps4) left bumper or right bumper(xbox)
This is cool and all, but what about duplication? Like, I won't need 100 Terrablades to research it, right? If not, how many will I need?
you need 1 for weapons and the like and 3 boss spawners (cenx has already stated this in a previous comment)

Last edited:
This is cool and all, but what about duplication? Like, I won't need 100 Terrablades to research it, right? If not, how many will I need?
I think that the items have different amounts of numbers you need to get before you can research them. Most likely differs in rarity and what item it is. Terra Blade you will probably need once to duplicate it, similar to other weapons or armors.

Hermoso el Terraria como siempre C:
1588801695610.png
Slime Trasero

I remember years ago when i asked to be able to use more than a few potions at once, extend the buff limit. I recall the negative feedback i got from some players over it.

Theeeen the buff limit was raised in a later patch.

I also recall asking for a way to turn off or limit enemy spawns for a bit because i wanted to focus on building after i beat the bosses in a world and mobs were nothing more than an annoyance at that point. That was met with some negativity from some players as well.

Well... Looks like i am getting what i wanted after all.

This update looks amazing... seriously I'm so hyped you've all done such a great job with this.

One suggestion I have is I wish the block replacement had a speed setting, at least in journey mode. It looks a bit sluggish in the video

I don't know... It's a cool system, but it's still not creative mode. We will still have to go through the incovenience of custom maps and mods to get a sort of creative mode? For me, it's disappointing.

I don't know... It's a cool system, but it's still not creative mode. We will still have to go through the incovenience of custom maps and mods to get a sort of creative mode? For me, it's disappointing.
Mods won't be an inconvenience after tmodloader releases on Steam, and creative mode wasn't what the devs were going for anyway.

Love this. I've been holding off on a new game til JE is released, and my playstyle is solo builder, so this is incredible and turns off the little irritating grind things that change my experience! No more infection, researching blocks so I don't constantly have to go gather rock and wood and bricks etc... am interested to see what the modding community brings to the table on that. Can't wait for release!!

I think re-logic value the huge discoverability in terraria. By that I mean how it would take a player so long and multiple playthroughs to discover absolutely everything the game has to offer. Straight up creative mode kind of ruins this since the player can just go into creative mode and use all the items instead of discovering them. Journey Mode is a middle ground, where you still have to discover everything but you get creative mode eventually.

Back
Top Bottom