With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

It was about seeing what you haven't collected yet (blocks, armor, weapons, etc.)
and not about how many you need to unlock duplication :)
well poop. Misread the context. that'd be kind of cool if it was in vanilla as well.
"item/boss checklist" type deal without all the extra fluff

Yikes man, is not like terraria is forcing you to play journey mode, just pretend it doesnt exist... And i dont think they are selling the 1.4 update with the journey mode, maybe try to do some research and you will see there are waaaaaay more content than just this, the wiki has like 100+ spoilers and the major things are yet to be revealed.

You sound to entitled, as in "If i dont like it, neither should you", you can keep using hero's mod, just let people enjoy the update instead of being so negative.
I'm certainly entitled to my opinion. If you don't like it don't respond.
The issue isn't that journey mode exists. It's cool.
But the features in journey mode are nothing new. It's a pointless update and brings nothing new to the table.
Cheatsheet and heros mod already do what's done in the update but better.

PlaY H0w U W@nT 2
Isn't exactly the best selling point of the update. In fact it's the weakest statement of the update. "Terraria is officially doing what some mods do with creative mode" would be a better selling line. Heck, I could literally sell thousands of copies of the game if I framed the update around that second statement.

Bethesda got royally roasted when skyrim released paid mods and then managed to try to not only copy some of the bigger survival mods but also added official support from bethesda for those mods.

Re-logic needs to understand that
1.) Terrible marketing focus so far. Literally looks like you "stole ideas" from some of the bigger creative mods and went "HAHA UPDATE"
2.) Publicly Announcing what others have spent years working on for the community to now be part of an update is the biggest middle finger to that person.
-"hey we took what you did and made it native, so all your hard work is for nothing, cute, but meaningless now"

But the features in journey mode are nothing new. It's a pointless update and brings nothing new to the table.

PlaY H0w U W@nT 2
Isn't exactly the best selling point of the update. In fact it's the weakest statement of the update. "Terraria is officially doing what some mods do with creative mode" would be a better selling line. Heck, I could literally sell thousands of copies of the game if I framed the update around that second statement.

Bethesda got royally roasted when skyrim released paid mods and then managed to try to not only copy some of the bigger survival mods but also added official support from bethesda for those mods.

1.) Terrible marketing focus so far. Literally looks like you "stole ideas" from some of the bigger creative mods and went "HAHA UPDATE"
2.) Publicly Announcing what others have spent years working on for the community to now be part of an update is the biggest middle finger to that person.
-"hey we took what you did and made it native, so all your hard work is for nothing, cute, but meaningless now"
You do know "Journey Mode" isn't the only thing being added to the upcoming update, right?

PlaY H0w U W@nT 2

Is not like creative mode is a new thing, many games feature a creative or sandbox mode, this is not anything new at all, terraria creating a semi creative/sandbox mode is not surprising at all, microsoft literally created a marketplace in minecraft containing PAID mods and skins, yet people dont complain too much about that, because its optional and you can just ignore it.

And yeah i understand wanting a true infinite creative mode like minecraft, but at least what we got is something unique, even if you dont use the block duplication thing, you can just play the game as normal and tweak the other stuff, sure you can do that with mods, but it being in the base game is a lot more convenient and accessible to a wider audience.

I too would like an unrestricted unlimited items/weapons option in journey mode, where you dont have to get duplicates first, but saying things like the update is trash because of this is an overstatement imo.

Is not like creative mode is a new thing, many games feature a creative or sandbox mode, this is not anything new at all, terraria creating a semi creative/sandbox mode is not surprising at all, microsoft literally created a marketplace in minecraft containing PAID mods and skins, yet people dont complain too much about that, because its optional and you can just ignore it.

And yeah i understand wanting a true infinite creative mode like minecraft, but at least what we got is something unique, even if you dont use the block duplication thing, you can just play the game as normal and tweak the other stuff, sure you can do that with mods, but it being in the base game is a lot more convenient and accessible to a wider audience.

I too would like an unrestricted unlimited items/weapons option in journey mode, where you dont have to get duplicates first, but saying things like the update is trash because of this is an overstatement imo.
This conversation ends here because you and many others continue to miss the point of my complaint. As it continues to elude you and go over your head we'll end this here as I don't have the patience and fear repercussions if I have to make this any easier to understand.

You posted an opinion to a public forum, you can't say "don't respond"
It's a pointless update and brings nothing new to the table.
1.4 does bring new things to the table. A lot of new things. Assuming you mean journey mode, it still adds a lot. It adds the ability to research items and duplicate them, as opposed to cheat sheet which gives them for free, plus adds difficulty slider, which hero's mod doesn't have. It also gives console and mobile players (who make up half of the players of Terraria) the ability to have these things.
Isn't exactly the best selling point of the update. In fact it's the weakest statement of the update.
Good thing it isn't a selling point then, as it wasn't featured in any marketing for the update.
"Terraria is officially doing what some mods do with creative mode" would be a better selling line.
It would also be false advertising.
Good thing Re-logic isn't doing any of that.
What do you mean "marketing focus"? Journey mode has literally been in none of the marketing for this update. Also, journey mode isn't the only feature in this update.
That isn't what Re-logic did. If you mean cheat sheet, then you're just plain wrong. Cheat sheet allows you to spawn every item, npc, and boss for free. Journey mode, however, makes you get the item and then you can research it and get it for free. It's completely different. If you mean hero's mod, I kind of get where you're coming from. Journey mode has many of the same features as hero's mod. However, many of these features have been asked of the devs even before hero's mod. It's not even like hero's mode is useless now, it still has many more features that journey mode, and is better for being a "creative mode".
This conversation ends here because you and many others continue to miss the point of my complaint. As it continues to elude you and go over your head we'll end this here as I don't have the patience and fear repercussions if I have to make this any easier to understand.
Yeah, that's definitely the reason, and not because your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on when met with any criticism.

The only contribution I'll make to *that* conversation is that you're fully entitled to express your opinions, but other people are equally entitled to criticize and comment on said opinion, as its their opinion of your opinion.

anyways, putting that dumpsterfire aside, I may have missed it stated but in MP where multiple people might have their difficulty slider at different points, how does the world decide which to use? Does it go with the highest? lowest?

Wow! That’s cool so any idea when this is gonna be mobile? My little bro wants to play but has anger issues and can’t stand dying again and again

With Journey Characters. Are we going to be able to also customize the death penalty?
Like a slider with what will be dropped upon our death : Just money / equipped items only / all items from our inventory

That would be nice to further cusomize Journey mode's difficulty the way we want.

Wow! That’s cool so any idea when this is gonna be mobile? My little bro wants to play but has anger issues and can’t stand dying again and again
I think they've mentioned it's going to be somewhere this year in this thread.
If you ask me then I'd say Christmas or early 2021, still, that's pretty fast, porting is hard.

This, this I like. Now if we could harness the power in order to integrate it with Twitch, in the sense that viewers can donate bits in order to control various aspects of its capabilities in order to brutalize and/or help the player...now that would be fun, too.

300 bits for 20 seconds of rapidly increased spawns, 2000 bits and it just immediately blood moons. How delightful.

This, this I like. Now if we could harness the power in order to integrate it with Twitch, in the sense that viewers can donate bits in order to control various aspects of its capabilities in order to brutalize and/or help the player...now that would be fun, too.

300 bits for 20 seconds of rapidly increased spawns, 2000 bits and it just immediately blood moons. How delightful.
Crowd Control terraria would be hype "spend 10,000 bits to instantly make it hard mode"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, I noticed that the wings in Chippy's video mentions they can be worn in the vanity slot, which is something missing from accessories currently, is that just there to make it clear you can wear wings in vanity, or do these wings actually function while in the vanity slot?

You posted an opinion to a public forum, you can't say "don't respond"
I can literally say whatever i like. I'm physically capable of doing so. Besides adding fuel to the flame your points below

1.4 does bring new things to the table. A lot of new things. Assuming you mean journey mode, it still adds a lot. It adds the ability to research items and duplicate them, as opposed to cheat sheet which gives them for free, plus adds difficulty slider, which hero's mod doesn't have. It also gives console and mobile players (who make up half of the players of Terraria) the ability to have these things.
This discussion is about journey mode. "research items and duplicate them" So you mean an overly complicated system for creative mode?

Good thing it isn't a selling point then, as it wasn't featured in any marketing for the update.
It would also be false advertising.
Clearly you have no idea how advertising works. But this discussion isn't about that, it was just a point made. Let's stay on topic now.

Good thing Re-logic isn't doing any of that.
Point here is. They're doing some crappy things without even giving credit towards others work which is very clearly not okay. Maybe not illegal but still pretty crappy thing to do.

What do you mean "marketing focus"? Journey mode has literally been in none of the marketing for this update.
and i quote...no idea how marketing works.

> Also, journey mode isn't the only feature in this update.
irrelevant to the discussion and this thread.

That isn't what Re-logic did. If you mean cheat sheet, then you're just plain wrong. Cheat sheet allows you to spawn every item, npc, and boss for free. Journey mode, however, makes you get the item and then you can research it and get it for free. It's completely different. If you mean hero's mod, I kind of get where you're coming from. Journey mode has many of the same features as hero's mod. However, many of these features have been asked of the devs even before hero's mod. It's not even like hero's mode is useless now, it still has many more features that journey mode, and is better for being a "creative mode".
Since you mentioned it. Let me make this very clear. The concept for the menu, the base work and the concepts of the mod were blatantly ripped from cheatsheet.
I want to slap you through the computer for how absolutely blindly you're spouting "uh but it's different". If i steal the base code of terraria and sell it online with different sprites and graphics and slightly tweak the mechanics so they are "different" does that make it not terraria? No.
>Not implying the code was stolen from cheat sheet. It's a metaphor<
But to have re-logic sit there and go "hey we clearly came up with this idea, here is the new journey mode!" when it looks so blatantly like cheat sheet is insulting to the mod creator and the community re-logic has built. If they had sat down and worked with the mod author or at least discussed stuff with the mod author things would be different. But do we see credit anywhere? No. And because of that it makes them look really damn crappy.

Yeah, that's definitely the reason, and not because your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on when met with any criticism.
You much like everyone else here seems to be missing the main point which again i have outlined above. So before you continue acting like a child and being combative for 0 reasons other than to incite more arguing, let me explain something.
Game journalism is literally my job.
I know what i'm talking about and even if i didn't your criticism based on my opinionated discussion holds no merit and is irrelevant simply for the fact that you cannot comprehend that this discussion was started on the topic listed here and the issues that are present with how this update has been handled. Please think before responding just because you want to try and get a rise out of someone. When you can see past the foggy glasses you're wearing and can objectively see the issues with how this update has been marketed, then we can continue this discussion. Until then, Thank you and good night.

It's kind of funny because the biggest thing I noticed is that you start with 100 torches, meaning you aren't limited to 99 anymore. This made me so happy for some reason.

It's kind of funny because the biggest thing I noticed is that you start with 100 torches, meaning you aren't limited to 99 anymore. This made me so happy for some reason.
Makes me wonder if they increased stack sizes for other things, too. Building materials up to 9,999? One can hope.

Back
Top Bottom